Topic: Ducati Won't Start  (Read 8514 times)

evoasis

Ducati Won't Start
« on: 07/26/07 11:09AM »
I believe it deals with the anti theft, so I guess this question is geared towards the one person I believe would have an answer...Kaos... My story is :::
Ok, here goes me.

I have a 2005 M620, got in a little fender bender and had to replace the front end, including re-wiring the harness going into the gauge... My problem is when I turn on the bike, the gauge test works, injectors prime / pump primes, but no start when the button is pushed...

Tried bump starting and jumping from a car battery to no avail... Key note is the the CEL is on and the Immob. light stays lit... Should I take it to a Duc Mech and see if they pull any codes or has someone else ran into the same issue as i? Re wiring the harness consisted to splicing the wires one by one to a new harness ( I got lazy and didn't want to re route the WHOLE harness )

Chris.
VIDEO::: Notice the bottom LED stays lit solid, video got cut short.....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nS8JE3HRUrY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nS8JE3HRUrY</a>
« Last Edit: 07/26/07 12:10PM by Shai »

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
  • Proud member of the loose screw crew!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '07Ducati Monster 695 Dark, '04 Ducati Supersport 800 Streetfighter, '07 CBR1000RR (project),'07 Duc
  • Years Riding: lots
Re: Ducati Won't Start
« Reply #1 on: 07/26/07 01:02PM »
Check the IMMO wiring. there is a small antenna directly under the ignition switch, a small coil wired to the INMMO unit. Make sure it's connected. I've read about that being an issue before on other bikes. Pop the bolts around the switch and you should be able to see it. Download the Duc parts catalog if you need to.

See Part No. 6 Below. Remove nut 28 and you can get to it.

« Last Edit: 07/26/07 01:06PM by njineermike »
If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.  - Winston Churchill

evoasis

« Reply #2 on: 07/26/07 02:38PM »
Negative ghost rider. It's all shibby shibby up there...

Offline CRAZY D

• bike and pizza is the best
  • Banned
  • 749cc
  • CRAZY D's Gallery
  • ortega ortega and ortega and pizza
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 600 rr 2003
  • Years Riding: 2+
« Reply #3 on: 07/26/07 04:24PM »
a kris  bike looks good with new headlight

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '07Ducati Monster 695 Dark, '04 Ducati Supersport 800 Streetfighter, '07 CBR1000RR (project),'07 Duc
« Reply #4 on: 07/26/07 06:53PM »
This is the first start since the doink? Got the red key?? Or the keycard?? Here's the good news. If you got that far, your ECU is likely ot gone. Here's the bad: If you don't have the card or red key, you CANNOT go around the IMMO. There is an option to get an aftermarket ECU made by FIM. I guess it depends on WHAT you did to the wiring. The gauges, ECU, IMMO all are linked and "married".
« Last Edit: 07/26/07 06:56PM by njineermike »
If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.  - Winston Churchill

Offline Pavel

« Reply #5 on: 07/26/07 07:01PM »
Chris, did you do all the basics first like testing all the wires with a voltage meter as well as any fuses that might have fried during the accident?

evoasis

« Reply #6 on: 07/26/07 08:32PM »
have ALL keys but no multimeter to test the volts.. Going to "ducman" tomorrow per Kaos Kustums.... Thanks for the pointer Patrick!

Offline TLRider

• Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally warn out, shouting "holy shit...what a ride!"
  • 998cc
  • TLRider's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: None for now
  • Years Riding: Riding since 06-07-07
« Reply #7 on: 07/27/07 01:50AM »
Nice...i kinda like those grips for my TL.....nahh too much Dom. style for the bike

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07/27/07 07:12AM »
You mean John in Temecula? He's REALLY good. You can also go to Stewart at Flight Cycles in Reseda. If you had the card, you could bypass the IMMO using the throttle and blinking lights on the dash. Something still isn't adding up though. If you use the wrong key, the sequence is; sweep gauges, slow blinking amber, then a fast blinking amber IIRC. I have an unprogrammed key I got cut for mine and tried to program after my first key "dissappeared" at my old place. I'm almost suspecting something got damaged in the doink and it's killing yourIMMO system.

evoasis

« Reply #9 on: 07/31/07 01:50PM »
Throttle deal didn't work when I tried, but Ducman is getting around to dealing with my bike today....

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07/31/07 01:53PM »
It's not the Ducman from newport is it? That guy is a ripoff. I've seen total basket case bikes he's tried selling for WAY more than it's worth.

evoasis

« Reply #11 on: 07/31/07 03:30PM »
nope/ he's in garden grove... seems like a legit place... www.ducman.com . Huge place.

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07/31/07 06:03PM »
Be careful. That guy's rep is shit because he got popped with a hot bike in his showroom. He says the paperwork was legit when he took it, but a dealer should know the difference. He SAYS he's trying to rebuild his reputation. Let him look at it. My guess it the gauges took a hit in the crash. Call John in Temecula too. I'll pm his number AND Stewart in Reseda.

EDIT: Stewart is at http://www.flightcycles.com
« Last Edit: 07/31/07 06:05PM by njineermike »

evoasis

« Reply #13 on: 08/02/07 12:33AM »
Ends up I was right.: Immobilizer related problem beyond my capability... I was told that the security system "unmarried" itself from the immobilizer. The people are accusing me of changing the keys or fracking with stuff, so I just laugh and say no. They said it's cause I changed my exhaust with out putting on a DP ecu, I said pretty much you're wrong all that'd do is lean out my mixture, hence my pod filters... Now, I wait for insurance, then, Idk....

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08/02/07 07:32AM »
Bullshit. NO WAY changing your exhaust will "unmarry" the system. More than likely it was the wreck, or when you yanked the gauges. I've heard of the immobilizer not working when people leave the black key in for a long time, but I've never had it happen to me. And you tried the code on the card with the throttle according to the manual but it didn't work? Did you ever try the red key? That key does not need to be programmed, as it's the master for the system. I was going to use my valet key (I have a few keys I bought when one of mine "disappeared" at my old place and had one cut but not programmed) and video the reaction to see if it acted like yours. Another thing. If the system "unamrries" it can be reset with the red key, supposedly.

evoasis

« Reply #15 on: 08/02/07 12:50PM »
I tried re marrying them to no avail as well. I'm going to call the place today and see if they can hardwire the antenna connect, that's my only hope.... that there's a short..

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08/02/07 01:39PM »
Yeah, somethings not quite right, but since the gauges go through the sweep, they should be ok. Not too far off. Worst case on the gauges is they cost $600 for a clean factory new set.

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 48 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything