Topic: Motorcyles are bad...people don't like you...at least that's what some think...  (Read 4338 times)

Offline ☠ Jax ☯

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • ☠ Jax ☯'s Gallery
  • HEY YOU GUYSSSS!!!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1989 Suzuki Katana 600
  • Years Riding: 5 years
I don't usually read the "Editors" articles in magazines, especially this guy cause for some reason I don't care for him. Don't get me wrong he probably is a nice guy, I've never met him but just from some of the articles that he has written I find him to be squidish. Well my opinion of him doesn't matter, what does is his "First Words" section this month. I think he's right...check it out tell me what you think...oh by the way I appologize for the crappy scan...the photocopier doesnt' do well with green background and white lettering...

Once again if you like these type of articles and would like to subscribe to the magazine here is the link:

https://www.circsource.com/store/Subscribe.html?magazineId=215&sourceC

If you want to check out their website:
http://www.superstreetbike.com/index.html

Offline Spartan

• The other Chad
  • 599cc
  • Spartan's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2009 GSXR 750 / 2005 GSXR 600 (For sale)
  • Years Riding: 4
I agree about the HB cops! Bunch of pricks. Not just for the motorcycles. Anything car, bike, bus, truck, SUV that is modified from original. Last year or the year before I heard that there was a battle between HB and Newport Beach. The battle was to see who could write the most tickets. And at the time it was HB that was winning. This info came from my buddy's neighbor who worked inside the HB police station.

Offline 64galaxie427

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • 64galaxie427's Gallery
  • Life, Disability and Mortgage Protection Insurance
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 08 Ducati 1098, 69 Triumph Daytona 500
  • Years Riding: 12
Yep, bikers are the ones that cause all the trouble. What a bunch of BS. I don't even like going into HB with my truck just because the cops are pricks there. I have to deal with Brea/Yorba Linda cops over here and they love to follow streetbikes. Happens to me all the time.

When are they going to do their job and take a look at all the cars running red lights and speeding and weaving in and out of traffic. Especially on the freeways. Can't tell you how many times I get cut off in a day.
What if the hokey pokey is what its all about.

Offline RRichie09

• The poster formerly know as KulSecHskY
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • RRichie09's Gallery
  • Twisties! Yay!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '06 600RR
  • Years Riding: Purple
what's he's point?  That motorcyclists are not the ones to blame for the majority of traffic accidents?  He's preaching to the choir.

Having said that, can we seriously say that we don't know why motorcycles get such a bad rep?  This board is littered with threads about fatal accidents.  When I used to belong to a car enthusiasts forum, I don't think I read ONE thread about someone dying.  For every 10 responsible, lifetime riders, there's that one moron that pulls wheelies every chance he gets, splits lanes at a 100mph and weaves through traffic like speed racer on meth. 

Yes it's unfair that we get treated like crap by the police, but I totally understand why they act the way they do.  Plus the moron motorcyclists are more visible than the idiot cager who is on his cell phone, reading the paper, and stuffing his face with food.

-Rich

Offline HBdirtbag

• 599cc
  • HBdirtbag's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CBR 600 F2
  • Years Riding: newb
what's he's point?  That motorcyclists are not the ones to blame for the majority of traffic accidents?  He's preaching to the choir.

Having said that, can we seriously say that we don't know why motorcycles get such a bad rep?  This board is littered with threads about fatal accidents.  When I used to belong to a car enthusiasts forum, I don't think I read ONE thread about someone dying.  For every 10 responsible, lifetime riders, there's that one moron that pulls wheelies every chance he gets, splits lanes at a 100mph and weaves through traffic like speed racer on meth. 

Yes it's unfair that we get treated like crap by the police, but I totally understand why they act the way they do.  Plus the moron motorcyclists are more visible than the idiot cager who is on his cell phone, reading the paper, and stuffing his face with food.

I run a few auto forums, we are constantly finding out about friends/fellow forum members that have died in wrecks.
Just a car guy on a bike

Offline RRichie09

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • RRichie09's Gallery
  • Twisties! Yay!
    • View Profile

I run a few auto forums, we are constantly finding out about friends/fellow forum members that have died in wrecks.

How often does this happen?  May be the news agencies don't report fatal auto accidents as much?  When I used to post on PreludeOnline.com  and lurk around supraforums.net, nsxprime.com, I don't recall any fatalities.

-Rich

Offline tehrawr

• paradox
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • tehrawr's Gallery
  • invisibility is a relative thing
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 S2R1K : GSXR600K8 : 2004 Zuma 70 : 07' ex250 [sold]
  • Years Riding: since aug.2007
I agree about the HB cops! Bunch of pricks. Not just for the motorcycles. Anything car, bike, bus, truck, SUV that is modified from original. Last year or the year before I heard that there was a battle between HB and Newport Beach. The battle was to see who could write the most tickets. And at the time it was HB that was winning. This info came from my buddy's neighbor who worked inside the HB police station.
sounds like a great candidate for one of those investigative interviews with the masked voice and the shadowy silhouette.

Offline TheChad

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • TheChad's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2002 CBR954RR, 2011 ZX10R
  • Years Riding: A long time

How often does this happen?  May be the news agencies don't report fatal auto accidents as much?  When I used to post on PreludeOnline.com  and lurk around supraforums.net, nsxprime.com, I don't recall any fatalities.

socalevo.net evolutionm.net

There hasnt been too many deaths lately, but I would say at least 1 or 2 a year which is about in line with my motorcycle boards. However the difference is usually in the car, if they died, they did something really fantastically stupid. Whereas on a bike they could just be driving along normally and some wanker in a cage makes a left into them.

There are A LOT of accidents though on my car boards. Probably between that and my stupid tickets (if you complain about tickets on a bike just wait till you get a car that was featured in fast and the furious series...) I want to sell the car...not because the car is bad, its in fact a brilliant handling and driving car...its just has such a negative stereotype that I rarely feel comfortable driving these days.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnVMzmbvtfI

There you go, givin a f*ck when it ain't your turn to give a f*ck.

AE_62F20

Interesting. You guys have seen my old bike, I love it. No cop has harrassed me so far. Just this morning I rode with a Costa Mesa motorcop, it was wonderful! Motorists were behaving, and he even told a woman in a sports car to put the stupid phone down.

I've always felt that modified sportbikes (like Sphinx mentioned) beg to attract attention, so why cry foul when a cop notices?

Autos that habitually run red light three and four at a time is nothing! I've counted seven douche bags run a solid red off Harbor onto MacArthur (towards Costco). SEVEN!

I think in a way bikers and gun owners are kinda in the same boat. The general public shun us and our vices, they do not understand that both are legitimate activities that generate a lot of $$$.

Offline RRichie09

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • RRichie09's Gallery
  • Twisties! Yay!
    • View Profile

Ahh, maybe it's because when I was into cars the younger crowd had civics, and now they have evo's and sti's. 

-Rich

Offline eulalia

i remember i was hearing a comidian on comedy central i forgot his name but he was talking about how parents always look crazy when there talking to there kids

he said the only reason parents sound crazy is because people in general never hear the parent trying to reason with the kid all they hear is the "im gunna hurt you so bad when we get home" part

i think thats the same with motorcycle in general every time you hear on the news its about another accident or another death, but you rarely hear how we stop to help people out on the side of the road, or how well behaved we are in huge groups riding together

Offline eulalia

yeah my 240 had a limiter at 118mph lol and because it was rwd i couldnt risk to take turns to fast or i knew i was going to die.

Ahh, maybe it's because when I was into cars the younger crowd had civics, and now they have evo's and sti's. 

Offline HBdirtbag

• 599cc
  • HBdirtbag's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CBR 600 F2
  • Years Riding: newb

I moderate a acura site, very few death threads.   My GTO site is much different
Just a car guy on a bike

Offline krgdesigns

Don't do illegal stuff and have your license and insurance and keep your bike somewhat legal and you will have no problems. We all know what they look for so keep those key things close to code

Offline Andy

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Andy's Gallery
  • God created Ducati to train the faithful.
    • View Profile
    • Two Slow OC
  • Bike: Ducati Monster
  • Years Riding: 12
it's pretty simple.

For those cities that harass bikers, vote with your wallet and don't spend money there.  Step 2, write a letter to the Mayor and tell them why you don't spend money there.

I fully recognize that step 2 is where we will fail.

That said, if you're doing things (behavior or bike mods) that attract unwarranted attention, as Ken said, that's easy to avoid.  Don't complain when your illegal bike gets a fixit ticket.

Andy

Offline TheChad

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • TheChad's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2002 CBR954RR, 2011 ZX10R
  • Years Riding: A long time

Yea... now they are getting cars that stock keep up with sports cars 3 times their price. One of my favorite stories I heard on there was a guy in his early 20s went to a party with some friends and was about to score with a girl, and his friends were annoying him so much to leave he finally let them take his car so he could hook up with the girl.

Queue up a few hours later and his buddy is calling him to say that his car is totalled and hes going to jail. Apparently he was doing 120mph on the street in the Evo and saw a cop and panicked, didnt realize how fast he was going and was slowing down and tried to turn... wound up going backwards into a gas station's little attendant station.

Could you imagine getting a call like that?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnVMzmbvtfI

There you go, givin a f*ck when it ain't your turn to give a f*ck.

Offline Lucifer

• 599cc
  • Lucifer's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Suzuki Gsxr 07
  • Years Riding: 10
what's the deal with attracting some attention?  like louder exhaust is good one, especially when we have so many idiots that dont see us.

FIX a tick cost: few bucks
cost of saying my life because of loud exhaust : priceless

Offline Spartan

• The other Chad
  • 599cc
  • Spartan's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2009 GSXR 750 / 2005 GSXR 600 (For sale)
  • Years Riding: 4
I like the loud pipes myself, and agree with you completely about it saving your life. But I doubt it is a fix it ticket. More like noise pollution and in this great state it is probably  $150 or more.

Offline ~BOSTON~

• ~BOSTON~
  • 749cc
  • ~BOSTON~'s Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 95 CBR 900rr SBKN
  • Years Riding: 5 years
I agree with the HB cops and Newp's cops being jag offs too.

I got pulled over on newport blvd at 4 am for doing FOUR MILES AN HOUR OVER THE SPEED LIMIT. - and the cop had the ball balls to actually tell me this with a straight face.

COP - "you realise how fast you were going"
ME - " ehhh no, officer, I dont realise much, i have revelations tho"
COP  - " let me see your drivers license, registration and proof of insurance"
ME - (hands fat ass the proper paperwork)
COP - "says here your from illinois"
ME - " no, actually Im from alaska, that part that says illinois on the id is a misprint"
COP - " You realise your driving on an illinois motorcycles license, right?"
ME - " wow, I thougt I was driving on two wheels, but if you say soo..."
COP - " well, you have been living here for XX months, you realise you have to get a M1 license from here.."
ME - " I must be realising alot these days, but copper, I told you, I REVELATE..."
COP - " Im giving you a ticket for speeding and one for not having a proper license"
ME - " so your going to give me a ticket for going 4 miles an hour OVER..and I HAVE a license... your kidding right?"
COP - " actually, no, Im sorry but the speed was posted at 40 and you need a valid M1"

something like this actually happened to me last week.  I got a ticket for not having a CALI m1, tho i have a valid illinois one.
and second, 4 miles an hour is subjective.

so i asked her if her ticket quota was low... she didnt like that question too much.

Offline eulalia

I agree with the HB cops and Newp's cops being jag offs too.

I got pulled over on newport blvd at 4 am for doing FOUR MILES AN HOUR OVER THE SPEED LIMIT. - and the cop had the ball balls to actually tell me this with a straight face.

COP - "you realise how fast you were going"
ME - " ehhh no, officer, I dont realise much, i have revelations tho"
COP  - " let me see your drivers license, registration and proof of insurance"
ME - (hands fat ass the proper paperwork)
COP - "says here your from illinois"
ME - " no, actually Im from alaska, that part that says illinois on the id is a misprint"
COP - " You realise your driving on an illinois motorcycles license, right?"
ME - " wow, I thougt I was driving on two wheels, but if you say soo..."
COP - " well, you have been living here for XX months, you realise you have to get a M1 license from here.."
ME - " I must be realising alot these days, but copper, I told you, I REVELATE..."
COP - " Im giving you a ticket for speeding and one for not having a proper license"
ME - " so your going to give me a ticket for going 4 miles an hour OVER..and I HAVE a license... your kidding right?"
COP - " actually, no, Im sorry but the speed was posted at 40 and you need a valid M1"

something like this actually happened to me last week.  I got a ticket for not having a CALI m1, tho i have a valid illinois one.
and second, 4 miles an hour is subjective.

so i asked her if her ticket quota was low... she didnt like that question too much.

youll be fine with that ticket because it is under 65 mph which is the state speedlimit, if conditions let you, you can actually ride over 40 but under 65mph learned that in traffic school.. lol

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 66 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything