Linked Events   |   0 Attendees

Topic: Suspension Day  (Read 3831 times)

Offline makeufaster

• 125cc
  • makeufaster's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • TandCPerformance
  • Bike: 06 GSX-R 1000
  • Years Riding: what year was the internal combustion engine invented?
Re: Suspension Day
« Reply #20 on: 06/02/07 10:37PM »
Thanks guys, hope everything worked out how you'd hoped, any problems let me know. Let me know what's up with that oil leak Mike, I'm interested to know where its coming from.  Any of you guys that want the oil changed in your forks let me know, I think a couple of you should do it.

Offline Shai

• Everyones an Equal, Ride Together!
  • Founder
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Shai's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • OC Moto
  • Bike: Buell XB12R
  • Years Riding: 3
« Reply #21 on: 06/03/07 07:39AM »
upload them here to the gallery!
makeufaster- do you do fork rebuild?  I've been wheelin' like crazy and I know I'm gonna need to get them redone soon

Offline makeufaster

• 125cc
  • makeufaster's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • TandCPerformance
« Reply #22 on: 06/03/07 09:53PM »
upload them here to the gallery!
makeufaster- do you do fork rebuild?  I've been wheelin' like crazy and I know I'm gonna need to get them redone soon
yes, if you ride canyons and twisties I recommend a full rebuild, new better valves, check out the springs, fresh oil plus any seals or bushings. If you mostly stunt, lots of wheelies hard landings etc., I say just change the oil, no sense in spending a bunch of money on something your going to beat up again. I could look into setting you up with something that will handle the wheelies better.

Offline Shai

• Founder
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Shai's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • OC Moto
« Reply #23 on: 06/04/07 08:09AM »
Yeah, I'm not one for Canyons much.  from what I understand though, Buells are setup with a very low and dead center "center of gravity" so for the most part they handle perfect through the canyons regardless of suspension.  The settings are really helpfull for freeway rides.

I could be way wrong but thats what I remember hearing.  Just curious, how would you set it up to handle wheelies better and how would that affect freeway and daily commuting?

Offline makeufaster

• 125cc
  • makeufaster's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • TandCPerformance
« Reply #24 on: 06/04/07 10:14AM »
Yeah, I'm not one for Canyons much.  from what I understand though, Buells are setup with a very low and dead center "center of gravity" so for the most part they handle perfect through the canyons regardless of suspension.  The settings are really helpfull for freeway rides.

I could be way wrong but thats what I remember hearing.  Just curious, how would you set it up to handle wheelies better and how would that affect freeway and daily commuting?
generally speaking, I would say in the canyons rider ability has much more to do with handling than the motorcycle. That being said I haven't ridden a Buell so the only thing that I can comment on in that regard is suspension. It always matters. It's a part of the foundation of the motorcycle, if you've ever heard of unsprung weight vs. sprung, those two are separated by the suspension. I guess you could call that pivotal, if that makes any sense.

As far as set up for the wheelies, its a secret, but it would be a good freeway ride for the most part, maybe a little bouncier, as long as you didn't mess with the adjustments too much.

Offline Shai

• Founder
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Shai's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • OC Moto
« Reply #25 on: 06/04/07 10:26AM »
Im down for wheelie setup, dont mind a bit more bouncie, let me know when and how much ;)
« Last Edit: 06/04/07 11:26AM by Shai »

Offline Copernicus

« Reply #26 on: 06/04/07 11:03AM »
Thanks Chris for the setup this weekend. It made a world of difference for me, I was much more confident in the twisties. I think I want to tighten up my front shocks, though.
As for the oil leak, I'm dropping it of at the dealer tonight and gonna let them figure it out. >:(  Gonna make sure they show me where the problem was...Damian said it look like I've got too much oil. 

Offline makeufaster

• 125cc
  • makeufaster's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • TandCPerformance
« Reply #27 on: 06/04/07 05:31PM »
Im down for wheelie setup, dont mind a bit more bouncie, let me know when and how much ;)
Give me a call Shai, Ill run a couple of things by you and see which will work the best in your situation. Then I can let you know the other stuff. 951.722.0611 real name chris.

Offline Ticket Me RED (DK)

« Reply #28 on: 06/04/07 10:14PM »
YEAR THAT WAS A GOOD DAY THANKS TO MY NEW TIERS NEXT TIME I THINK THAT I'LL HAVE TO GET MY SUSPENSION DON TO.
CAN'T WATE TO SEE THE  PIC'S. :D

Offline Dane

• Sparky
  • Administrator
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Dane's Gallery
  • a.k.a. A11214576266
    • View Profile
    • www.ocmoto.com
  • Bike: '07 R1, '02 YZ426
  • Years Riding: 12.04
« Reply #29 on: 06/04/07 10:28PM »
YEAR THAT WAS A GOOD DAY THANKS TO MY NEW TIERS NEXT TIME I THINK THAT I'LL HAVE TO GET MY SUSPENSION DON TO.
CAN'T WATE TO SEE THE  PIC'S. :D

Pics are up...

http://www.ocmoto.com/index.php?topic=192.msg1221#msg1221

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 49 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook