Topic: In Need of a Basic C++ Programmer, pays $25 or a case of beer  (Read 582 times)

Offline Myroadrash

Long story short, Programming is not my thing, and I am definitely going to be changing my major.

Need some help answering these 3 questions, will exchange your services for a case of beer or $25 cash/paypal.

I'm a GINGER.... Why yes, that means I have no SOUL! MUAHAHAH

I'm pretty fly for a white guy.

Online thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
  • I see what you did there.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 86 Vulcan 750, 98 VFR800 FI, 02 VFR800 VTEC
  • Years Riding: Since Nov '11
That isn't a hard task. Google some and figure it out. You'll be better off having learned how to find the information and apply it than having someone else do it, even if you won't ever touch programming ever again in your entire life.

It's a mix of research and critical thinking. It's good for you.

Edit: Heck I'll even be nice and link to the very first Google result to save you the time (for the "hard" part.) http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files/
« Last Edit: 06/01/17 09:00AM by thtanner »

Offline Xanatos

My hourly rate for contract work is $60/hr.

Offline Myroadrash

Well, this shouldn't be more than 1/2 an hour for an experienced programmer. So that's 30 bucks.

Online thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
    • View Profile

Well, this shouldn't be more than 1/2 an hour for an experienced programmer. So that's 30 bucks.

All professional work is always billed at a 1 hour minimum.

Offline Myroadrash

All professional work is always billed at a 1 hour minimum.

Touché. Too rich for my blood. Hope I get a hit off craigslist.

Offline NotKevin

If you absolutely can't find anyone to do it and you get stuck, let me know and I'll help you out. I just did the first one in a few minutes for fun. 

The file IO one is pretty straightforward and he pointed you in the right direction. For the Y/N upper->lower one, remember that when you input 'Y' into the console window, you're going to leave a newline on the input buffer. So the 'trick' is just dealing with the newline in your buffer. (Google this to find a solution).

Cheers.
« Last Edit: 06/02/17 04:37AM by NotKevin »

Online thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
    • View Profile
The fact that you still haven't just spent the hour to figure it out astounds me to no end.

Offline testrider1

• 125cc
  • testrider1's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Yamaha FJR-1300A, ex-Honda CBR-1100XX
  • Years Riding: 20
To be absolutely honest, if you can't googling around and doing it yourself, you are definitely in the wrong major (CS or IT). While I could do it for you free while blindfolded, that won't help you.

Offline Xanatos

I work in C# and haven't touched C++ beyond just reading about it and even then I could probably clusterfuck my way into the solution in 20-30 minutes. In C# this is like 3 minutes of work (2 minutes of which is waiting for Visual Studios to load up).

Offline Organic

Long story short, Programming is not my thing, and I am definitely going to be changing my major.

Need some help answering these 3 questions, will exchange your services for a case of beer or $25 cash/paypal.

Do you still need this solved?

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 46 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything