Topic: Share your thoughts, ideas, observations...  (Read 714209 times)

Offline karl61

• 749cc
  • karl61's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1983 Honda VF750F 1986; Ninja 1000R; 1984 Yamaha FJ1100
  • Years Riding: since 4/09
Re: Share your thoughts, ideas, observations...
« Reply #40 on: 10/27/09 07:36PM »
Women and Bikes - what else - and I just found a great photo today too.

Offline Awase

• The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick
  • 599cc
  • Awase's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Daytona 675
  • Years Riding: 1
« Reply #41 on: 10/27/09 10:41PM »

I find that very annoying as I'm trying to safely lane-share pass cars stuck in congestion. I'm sure there's a vehicle code against idiots laying down inside the cars and sticking their feet out. Something like improper passenger restraint - I'd like to ticket both the jackass with his/her feet sticking out and the driver for allowing it to happen. I revved my little KZ550 once in that scenario, the two idiots took their legs/feet in FAST.

Am I the only one who wants to poke peoples feet as I ride by when they hang 'em out the window?

A week or two ago on the highway (I forget which one) I saw what I thought was a halloween prop hanging out the rear passenger window of a small sedan.

There was a tangly haired head, a shoulder, and a skinny arm that was so long it was nearly touching the ground. 

I was coming up on the passenger side as I was splitting, trying to figure out what kind of prop it was when the head turned and looked at me in surprise and the arm shot back into the car.   :o

"Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity." - ???

Tominator

« Reply #42 on: 10/27/09 10:50PM »
By the way Awase, I meant to ask you like eight months ago - you did get the turn signal wires corrected, right? That was way back when I went over to your place to pick up John's boots and you guys just installed the mufflers  :32:

Women and bikes indeed! There's the three older blonde birds in their white racing suites that drives me nuts! One rides a Ducati, Gixer, and now I can't remember what the other bike is (some sort of blue Japanese sport bike  :26:). They like to ride Ortega and Palomar a lot!

Offline eels

• 749cc
  • eels's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • newformkitchen
  • Bike: '06 SV650
  • Years Riding: March '10
« Reply #43 on: 10/27/09 10:50PM »
thanks Kareem, but that's a little out of my/our price range.

and Andy, I know it's close to a mortgage, but it's not something i can tie myself up with at the moment. so close. yet so far.

stick with trying to find a 3 bedroom place and find a 3rd roommate?

pay a little more for a 2 bedroom place but might be a bit harder to find, especially in irvine?

forget about wanting a garage which opens up tons of other options??

and my MGMT 449 Professor is nuckin futs.

http://www.rental-living.com/Communities/Woodbury-Lane/Prices-And-Floorplans/

Check out "The Lattice" floorplan.  They have a special for like $1700 (2 bedrooms) and a garage.

- Kareem
Elie

Iamkar33m

« Reply #44 on: 10/27/09 10:52PM »
thanks Kareem, but that's a little out of my/our price range.

and Andy, I know it's close to a mortgage, but it's not something i can tie myself up with at the moment. so close. yet so far.

Damn... I thought that was pretty reasonable for being in Irvine too.  Maybe you can try and find a family that's renting out some extra bedrooms in Irvine?  In this economy, I wouldnt be surprised if you found a few.

- Kareem

Offline Awase

• The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick
  • 599cc
  • Awase's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Daytona 675
  • Years Riding: 1
« Reply #45 on: 10/27/09 10:59PM »
By the way Awase, I meant to ask you like eight months ago - you did get the turn signal wires corrected, right? That was way back when I went over to your place to pick up John's boots and you guys just installed the mufflers  :32:

Haha, that was funny.  You know it only happened that way because skyungjae told me to check to see that they were hooked up correctly and I stubbornly refused.  Yeah, I fixed them as soon as I pulled back into my garage.  I wonder how long I would have gone if you hadn't pointed it out.

"Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity." - ???

Tominator

« Reply #46 on: 10/27/09 11:08PM »
My folks had a rental home in Irvine by IVC. Single story four-bedroom, rented for 2450. Sold it just a few months ago. In comparison 1700 for 2-room and garage seems cheap - depends on the square footage of those 2-room places.
When I was living with a girl we had a 2-room apartment and shared garage for 1150. What a dump.

What I find to be total crap are halfway houses. They charge tenants over a hundred bucks a week for just a place to sleep, no house privileges. There's a ton of halfway houses in Garden Grove by the Starbucks where I worked (Euclid/Chapman).

Iamkar33m

« Reply #47 on: 10/27/09 11:11PM »
When I was living with a girl...

Tom lived with a girl?!  Oh the huge-manatee!!!!

- Kareem

Tominator

« Reply #48 on: 10/27/09 11:16PM »
She's cute. Sarah, Norman's wife - reminds me of her. Except Sarah's taller and has brown eyes.

Iamkar33m

« Reply #49 on: 10/27/09 11:18PM »
She's cute. Sarah, Norman's wife - reminds me of her. Except Sarah's taller and has brown eyes.

I wouldn't know.  Hadn't met either of them.

- Kareem

P.S. I lived with my ex once... it ended REALLY badly.  :'(

Offline Gaskommando

« Reply #50 on: 10/28/09 12:36AM »
I find it's real scary driving slow on the freeway.

Today I left work early to help my mom with changing her flat tire. Then I rode in front of her down the 15 from Corona (where we work) to Elsinore doing 50 the whole way. The whole time I kept thinking some ass is going to get pissed and zip around my mom and cut back without looking and rear end me.

If you are familiar the the 15 south of the 91 part of it is 70mph and most do 80+ .

Another thing someone at work brought up. Why is it that people seem to be getting worse with spelling and English? If I feel that I'm spelling a word incorrectly I will look it up. I am pretty lax about my sentence structure and punctuation but seriously, why do so many have such poor English skills?
"Horsepower is like dick size; there is no such thing as "too much". Granted, you may never use all that you've got, but it sure feels good knowing that you've got it in your pocket, available to whip it out and use it anytime you want to. Or need to, even if just to win a bet ..."

Tominator

« Reply #51 on: 10/28/09 09:08AM »
Kudos for helping your mom  :29: . Was it a compact spare tire? It's wise to not drive over 50-55 with those things.
It bugs me when some people drive on it forever, and not have a full-sized tire put back on due to laziness or poor monetary habits.
I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to check the air pressure on their spares. Out of sight, out of mind. One day when you'll need it, it's deflated.

Compact spares are inflated to 65psi, full-sized ones I like to +5 psi (due to slow air loss over time). For instance, I have the spare on my pickup inflated to 40.

Why is it that people seem to be getting worse with spelling and English? If I feel that I'm spelling a word incorrectly I will look it up. I am pretty lax about my sentence structure and punctuation but seriously, why do so many have such poor English skills?

I no what u mean, yo. A person does not have to be a Yale graduate to know the difference between know, no, knowl, brake, break, etc.

Offline eels

• 749cc
  • eels's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • newformkitchen
  • Bike: '06 SV650
  • Years Riding: March '10
« Reply #52 on: 10/28/09 09:49AM »
Hey Kareem,

yeh 1,700 isn't THAT bad for Irvine, but I have seen several 3 bedroom places in Irvine for around 1,800. and I've seen just a few 2 bedroom places for around 1,500. so they are out there, just gotta check them out. If not Irvine, then Costa Mesa or Tustin.

*It's amazing how some music/songs can completely change or create your mood. the perfect song was on my iPod this morning and totally made my day start off amazingly. Plus I had an apple for breakfast.

*I heard that if you have a mini-spare and you need to put it on, you have to make sure you put it on the rear axle, because you shouldn't have them up front. (so if you have a flat in front, you take the wheel from the back, put it on the front, and put the spare on the back). Can anyone confirm this?
Elie

Offline Gaskommando

« Reply #53 on: 10/28/09 10:14AM »
It was one of those compact spares AND it wasn't properly inflated so we had to putt to the gas station to fill it up. When we arrived there was another person with a flat. Weird night. She needed new tires and was planning on going friday to get them but with the flat it looks like she's getting 'em today.

I have not heard about not running the mini-spare on the front but it does sound like it could be true. Unlike scrubbing your new motorcycle tires with steel wool to get the film off of them.

Another question why do some people feel the need to talk out of their ass all the time? A friend at work had his dog break its leg over the weekend, his sister told him if the break is below the knee they don't need surgery and to wrap the dog's leg with cardboard and an ace bandage. I used to work at a veterinarians office as a technician (animal nurse) and told him that was incorrect and could harm the dog. He complained about money and ignored what I said. Makes me mad don't own an animal if you are incapable of caring for it (financially) Pets are a luxury. You have no right to own one then take shit care of it!
/mini-rant

Anybody else ever moon a car that kept tailgating you?
"Horsepower is like dick size; there is no such thing as "too much". Granted, you may never use all that you've got, but it sure feels good knowing that you've got it in your pocket, available to whip it out and use it anytime you want to. Or need to, even if just to win a bet ..."

Offline madmac66

• Lean Angles - A blog and podcast about life on two wheels
  • 998cc
  • madmac66's Gallery
  • Adam Mercado AKA "Limey Bastard"
    • View Profile
    • Lean Angles : Life On Two Wheels
  • Bike: 2002 Suzuki TL1000RK2
  • Years Riding: Since 1987
« Reply #54 on: 10/28/09 12:11PM »
ignored what I said. Makes me mad don't own an animal if you are incapable of caring for it (financially) Pets are a luxury. You have no right to own one then take shit care of it!

Word up +1

Offline SCMotoRR

• 749cc
  • SCMotoRR's Gallery
  • mmmmmm . . . Track Day
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2003 CBR 600RR
  • Years Riding: 1.5
« Reply #55 on: 10/28/09 01:21PM »
*I heard that if you have a mini-spare and you need to put it on, you have to make sure you put it on the rear axle, because you shouldn't have them up front. (so if you have a flat in front, you take the wheel from the back, put it on the front, and put the spare on the back). Can anyone confirm this?

Umm there could be several reasons . . . I would say braking and steering. You have a majority of your braking on the front tires of your car. If you want to stop suddenly, the last thing you want to rely on is one of those little donuts

Thundercat

« Reply #56 on: 10/28/09 01:27PM »
I want to know who was the jack ass that decided to try and pass a law that requires bikes to pass smog laws.

Probably the same Jack ass that passed the CPSC law on the lead content in children's toys, thus eliminating any possibility of anyone under the age of 12 being able to ride a motorcycle, unless their parents buy them a KX250F as their first bike. Can we say stupidest law ever?

Now they're finally making exceptions and putting children's toys, motorcycles, ATV's and scooters back on the market. But geez, what a nightmare.

Offline SCMotoRR

• 749cc
  • SCMotoRR's Gallery
  • mmmmmm . . . Track Day
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2003 CBR 600RR
  • Years Riding: 1.5
« Reply #57 on: 10/28/09 01:32PM »
Another thing someone at work brought up. Why is it that people seem to be getting worse with spelling and English? If I feel that I'm spelling a word incorrectly I will look it up. I am pretty lax about my sentence structure and punctuation but seriously, why do so many have such poor English skills?

I blame the laziness of Americans, poor education system, acceptance of tawkin lik dis, and spell check!

but seriously when you say you won me and I reply back no, you just beat me and you have no idea what just happened . . . I feel like I won

The ones that bug me the most are won, beat/they're, there, their/brake, break

Tominator

« Reply #58 on: 10/28/09 03:01PM »
Despite working for America's Tires, I personally don't have a stance on where to place the compact spare. I mean, it's really meant to get you off the freeway into a safe place. OR get your car to the nearest tire place.
Maybe Yaron has a better opinion on this.

Mmmmmmm....... lead....... just three protons away from being precious gold......

I work in a dental office now, we put aside lead foil from film packets for safe disposal. If anybody would like clean lead for bullet casting, let me know. This lead is better than wheel weight lead, just takes a lot longer to accumulate.

Offline Snapshot

• Fogwalker
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Snapshot's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Matilda the Ninja 250
  • Years Riding: 40, Years Training Riders: 18
« Reply #59 on: 10/28/09 03:10PM »
Cool!

I'll take the lead, Tom.  Thanks for the offer.

J~
“Life is a journey.  Enjoy the ride”

Page created in 5.206 seconds with 50 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything