• 800cc MOTO GP
  • LBCR1's Gallery
  • Team Insomnia
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2008 Red Fiat Yamaha R1- 05 CBR600rr race team
  • Years Riding: 5 years on dirt and street motorcycles
Knox gloves video review
« Reply #21 on: 12/28/09 08:20PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/trb4ae_Yqs0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/trb4ae_Yqs0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Offline Andy

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Andy's Gallery
  • God created Ducati to train the faithful.
    • View Profile
    • Two Slow OC
  • Bike: Ducati Monster
  • Years Riding: 9
Re: Knox gloves
« Reply #22 on: 12/28/09 09:43PM »
and the biomech

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DS8BqPxsqcs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DS8BqPxsqcs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

handroid is pretty cool, but I got my eye on the biomech.  Little less robocop looking.

Offline NINJUST

« Reply #23 on: 01/04/10 03:57PM »
and the biomech

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DS8BqPxsqcs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DS8BqPxsqcs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

handroid is pretty cool, but I got my eye on the biomech.  Little less robocop looking.

+1 Look pretty awesome! I have a problem with all gauntlet gloves that I try. I've been through like 6, including high end astar and held gloves. I just can't get comfortable with the cuffs over either of my Jackets. Maybe it's just the jackets I have, but I just feel so much better with shorty gloves.
-Justin

shojivic

« Reply #24 on: 01/04/10 08:04PM »
I think the Biomech looks a little less radical, and we'll see what savings it offers over the Handroid...  they both look protective, but in the end, I think the best feature is the ratcheting gauntlet.  My Teknic Violator gloves offered the Knox palm slider feature years ago, but are a pain to cinch up in the guantlet area.  These Knox gloves look good in that area!

Offline Awase

• The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick
  • 599cc
  • Awase's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Daytona 675
  • Years Riding: 1
« Reply #25 on: 03/05/10 10:23PM »
Anybody find a more specific release date?  It's been march for 5 whole days now!

"Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity." - ???

Offline PrimalDoubleXer

• THE Right Nider!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • PrimalDoubleXer's Gallery
  • Sleep deprived for a good cause (Downtag)!
    • View Profile
    • Downtag
  • Bike: 2002 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
  • Years Riding: 13 (street), 20+ (when you include dirt)
« Reply #26 on: 03/05/10 10:30PM »
SportBikeTrack.com told me mid-March!  I'm hoping to order three out of the four from the line on the 15th!!!  :-)

Offline ionlion

• When the power of love over comes the love of power we will have peace.
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • ionlion's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Years Riding: 1
« Reply #27 on: 03/05/10 10:46PM »
yea those are sweet! to bad i just picked up dainese gloves

Offline Gaskommando

« Reply #28 on: 03/05/10 11:48PM »
I want the handroid those are so cool
"Horsepower is like dick size; there is no such thing as "too much". Granted, you may never use all that you've got, but it sure feels good knowing that you've got it in your pocket, available to whip it out and use it anytime you want to. Or need to, even if just to win a bet ..."

Offline itsdchlorine

The new "Knox Handroid"
« Reply #29 on: 03/25/10 08:05AM »
I found a previous post on here,
http://www.ocmoto.com/index.php?topic=20787.0

but going through Wired.com, they just released more information on it.

http://www.wired.com/reviews/product/pr_fetish_knox_handroid

Fetish: Exoskeletal Glove Gives Motorcyclists an Iron Fist

You can't help it. It's a reflex. You stick out your hand when you fall it's better to stop the descent with your palm than your face, right? That's fine when you're ambling down the street, but add an extra 80 mph and the weight of a motorcycle to the momentum equation and the bones in your paw might not take the strain very well. They could shift, buckle even snap. What you need is an exoskeleton. If you know Tony Stark, you might be able to get something custom. For the rest of us, there's the Knox Handroid, a Kevlar-, kangaroo-hide-, and, yes, exoskeleton-reinforced motorcycle gauntlet. Thermoplastic urethane spines run down the outside of each finger and flex with your digits. To keep the armor in place, a ratchet system cinches 19 strands of stainless steel wire, spreading the pressure across your entire forearm. Then, when the pavement tries to persuade your bones to move beyond their comfort zone, the Handroid answers no. That's the reflex you're looking for.

The video on the site really shows a very controlled and comfortable movement, but its $250 >.> lol. Too much for me  :5:

Offline RRichie09

• The poster formerly know as KulSecHskY
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • RRichie09's Gallery
  • Twisties! Yay!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '06 600RR
  • Years Riding: Purple
Re: The new "Knox Handroid"
« Reply #30 on: 03/25/10 08:11AM »
looks like you'll just snap your arm in a different place. 

-Rich

Offline cawrestlingfan

Re: The new "Knox Handroid"
« Reply #31 on: 03/25/10 09:18AM »
looks like you'll just snap your arm in a different place. 
Just what i was about to say. If it displaces the force to the radius and ulna that may not be such a good thing. I think i would rather have a broken hand then a compound fracture of radius.
I hope to have the lowest rating on the forum. Please help

Offline BLACK

• Factory Suspension Engineer
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • BLACK's Gallery
  • Where knowledge and technology meet the track.....
    • View Profile
The Knox Handroid.........the future?
« Reply #32 on: 03/25/10 09:06PM »
"You can't help it. It's a reflex. You stick out your hand when you fall it's better to stop the descent with your palm than your face, right? That's fine when you're ambling down the street, but add an extra 80 mph and the weight of a motorcycle to the momentum equation and the bones in your paw might not take the strain very well. They could shift, buckle even snap. What you need is an exoskeleton. If you know Tony Stark, you might be able to get something custom. For the rest of us, there's the Knox Handroid, a Kevlar-, kangaroo-hide-, and, yes, exoskeleton-reinforced motorcycle gauntlet. Thermoplastic urethane spines run down the outside of each finger and flex with your digits. To keep the armor in place, a ratchet system cinches 19 strands of stainless steel wire, spreading the pressure across your entire forearm. Then, when the pavement tries to persuade your bones to move beyond their comfort zone, the Handroid answers no. That's the reflex you're looking for."

http://www.knox-armour.co.uk/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP6hMNkk8S0

VIDEO:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1815813330?bctid=71703690001

I wonder if it's comfy.....  It's a Roo glove so the durability should be good......
« Last Edit: 03/25/10 09:10PM by BLACK »

Offline keith R1

Re: The Knox Handroid.........the future?
« Reply #33 on: 03/25/10 09:12PM »
dammit black....posting things to make me go broker than i already am

A Soldier does not fight because he hates what's in front of him. He fights because he loves what's behind him.

Offline BLACK

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • BLACK's Gallery
    • View Profile
Re: The Knox Handroid.........the future?
« Reply #34 on: 03/25/10 09:21PM »
Seeing that you're a Rossi fan, my next post will REALLY put ya in the poor house! ;)

Offline BLACK

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • BLACK's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03/25/10 09:30PM »
Oooops....... feel free to delete if necessary....

Offline Chris22783

« Reply #36 on: 03/26/10 01:03AM »
I finally ordered a pair - white ones. Doesn't look like they're going to ship out until April but I know the black ones are going out now (don't know if STG sold their entire first order or if colors are being released seperate). Whenever I get them I'll let you guys know.

Offline the BeACH CRUiSER

• western division | west wing
  • 998cc
  • the BeACH CRUiSER's Gallery
  • i'm a winner. just call me Congratulations.
    • View Profile
    • WESTERN DiViSiON
  • Bike: 2007 r6
  • Years Riding: the minimum requirement
« Reply #37 on: 03/26/10 09:01AM »
i check STG everyday, but it says the Handroid is NOT in stock.. mmaaann  :4:

Offline GoDzILLaH

« Reply #38 on: 03/26/10 09:04AM »
I love my Handorid, these are my first gauntlet style gloves that I own. But the only thing that I had to get use to is turning the dial knob to tighten up the gloves.

Here was my first post. http://www.ocmoto.com/index.php?topic=26288.0
« Last Edit: 03/26/10 09:06AM by GoDzILLaH »

Offline cawrestlingfan

« Reply #39 on: 03/26/10 11:19AM »
it has energy absorbing material through out the glove so doubt the wrist will break
There is no such thing as energy absorbing material the closest you can get is energy dispersive material. Otherwise suits would be made with it and no one would die.
Is the exoskeleton supposed to keep your fingers from bending backwards in a crash ("appears to prevent hyperextension of the fingers" From the first article Andy linked)?

This leads to my question: So if in a crash your fingers are pushed backwards, the Handroid exoskeleton will prevent that and save fingers from breaking.  But, that energy has to go somewhere.  If the fingers are protected from bending backwards, it seems the next item to be bent would be the wrist.  Would you get a broken wrist in place of broken fingers?  Is that better?
A very smart question. I was waiting for someone else to ask this so i don't sound SO skeptical. I was looking at them as well (just from the pictures) and you are correct. The pressure would still leave the energy to be displaced somewhere.
Injuries rarely if ever occur on the side of the impact, and most time those are the secondary injuries not the severe ones. So bruising occurs on the same side but broken hands and torn ligaments, those happen on the opposite sides.
The only real way i could see these gloves working in the manner others claim they do to prevent broken carpals or metacarpals (fingers and bones in your hand) is if the rod like things were in the palm. Where they are placed now would prevent the fingers from flexing inward (like making a fist) not extending backwards.
Still, they do look pretty sick.
I hope to have the lowest rating on the forum. Please help

Page created in 0.26 seconds with 67 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook