Topic: Knox gloves  (Read 14793 times)

Offline skyungjae

• 749cc
  • skyungjae's Gallery
  • the more you ignore me the closer i get...
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2018 Sur-Ron Light Bee
  • Years Riding: (-_-!)
Re: Knox gloves
« Reply #40 on: 03/26/10 12:01PM »
i tried on awase's pair.  they're pretty nice.  i think the only downside is the size compared to other gloves.  he also took of the plate located on the back of the hand.  it was snagging on stuff.

Offline Awase

• The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick
  • 599cc
  • Awase's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Daytona 675
  • Years Riding: 1
« Reply #41 on: 03/26/10 12:38PM »
The exoskeleton isn't there to prevent your fingers from bending backwards.  It's just more padding so if you slide on that part of the glove, you have to wear through that material before it gets to the leather.  Also it makes your hands look like a robot hands, and who wouldn't want robot hands?

"Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity." - ???

Offline BlueJ

• Jumbaco!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • BlueJ's Gallery
  • Yamaha runs in my blood
    • View Profile
  • Bike: yes
« Reply #42 on: 01/07/12 02:54AM »
geez i'd love to have those...that's the style i like! more appealing to me than dainese and alpinestars...

Offline paul13131313

• 599cc
  • paul13131313's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Fury/2015 Repsol SP
  • Years Riding: 13 years
« Reply #43 on: 01/07/12 07:09PM »
Paid my $250 to STG in 8/10,as soon as these were available!Was under the impression the finger protectors were wire cables,but not dissapointed they were'nt.I went down with these and they worked as advertised.I use them everyday and appreciate the cuff clamping down on my arm besides the wrist velcro strap.I've always worn gauntlet gloves and learned the velcro strap was to keep them from slipping off.My first pair of gauntlets back in 1981 were just gauntlets.
And they look so robotic!I looked at Helds as a high end glove to aspire to until I saw these!

Broke off the little tip on one winglet and must have pushed off a couple others when using gloved hand to bring in the trash cans.Called salesman at STG and had two replacments sent out free.Did this a couple times until I realized what was causing the loss.On a hot day you notice the winglet's not there!
They are used daily and awesome in quality,fit and finish.I've already gotten my $250 out of them the first year and everything from here on out is gravy!
« Last Edit: 01/08/12 03:29AM by paul13131313 »

Offline TanMan

« Reply #44 on: 02/07/12 11:47AM »
I'm thinking of getting a pair of handroid. Any present thoughts from the people who have been using this glove for awhile now? Any new disadvantages or issues you've discovered now after prolong use?

Sizing wise, how do they compare with say Dianese glove sizing?

Offline jamesz3

« Reply #45 on: 02/07/12 01:51PM »
Best gloves I've used so far, and I've used all of them...  Dont' know how it will handle a low/high-side just yet, but it exudes confidence.  I've used other top-line full gauntlet gloves and have blown them out on track.  Handroid feels awesome.  Get them - I'm sure you won't regret it.

Offline motozeke

• 125cc
  • motozeke's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring
  • Years Riding: 5 years
« Reply #46 on: 02/07/12 04:50PM »
I just picked up a pair of the Recon gloves from Sportbike Track Gear, took them on a 500+ mile ride on Sunday. Super comfortable, love the Boa system. It's way easier to get the gauntlet over the sleeve of my jacket.

The wrist sliders are awesome as well. This is a huge step up in protection for a very reasonable price. And they look the business in the brown/black/white/tan combo I got.

Picked up a blister in the break-in process, which is strange. That's a first, and unexpected for such a comfy glove.

Offline TanMan

« Reply #47 on: 02/07/12 10:33PM »
Ok. I guess I know which glove I want. Thanks!

Offline the BeACH CRUiSER

• western division | west wing
  • 998cc
  • the BeACH CRUiSER's Gallery
  • i'm a winner. just call me Congratulations.
    • View Profile
    • WESTERN DiViSiON
  • Bike: 2007 r6
  • Years Riding: the minimum requirement
« Reply #48 on: 02/07/12 11:49PM »
how is the sizing on it tho? i have short fingers but somewhat fat hands.. lol

Offline BlueJ

• Jumbaco!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • BlueJ's Gallery
  • Yamaha runs in my blood
    • View Profile
  • Bike: yes
« Reply #49 on: 02/08/12 01:39AM »
have you tried to a* gp pro or gp techs? or dainese full metal pros? cause i'm not sure if the dainese is worth the extra money over the knox handroids. the gp pro and gp techs are similarly priced.

Offline TanMan

« Reply #50 on: 02/08/12 07:44AM »
have you tried to a* gp pro or gp techs? or dainese full metal pros? cause i'm not sure if the dainese is worth the extra money over the knox handroids. the gp pro and gp techs are similarly priced.

I've heard too much mixed reviews on the quality of Alpinestar's gloves so I'm staying away from them. I mentioned Dainese because I know what size I am in their line-up and if Knox's sizing is similar to theirs, then I can order the same size.

Dainese makes really nice gloves but like you said, extremely pricey; at least for the model that caught my eye. The knox design also appeals to me in this case. The only down side is, I cannot go into a store here and try on a Knox. I can go into D-store here and try on the Dainese line up and that's how I know my size and their quality.

Offline paul13131313

• 599cc
  • paul13131313's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 02/08/12 07:26PM »
Standard fit in comparison to my other gloves which all are purchased in xxl for room for glove liners.
I've had my Handroids since 8/10 and have had only three issues.
A. I call STG about every six months for replacement aerofoils that disappear from the back of the glove.I thought I was pushing them off when pulling trashcans in from the curb,but eliminated that cause.I'm going to try a rubbery adhesive at next install.I'd try epoxy/gorilla glue,but if the plastic mounts react badly,i'll have screwed up some very expensive gloves!That's it,i'll test adhesives on replaced aerofoil! 
You know right away ones missing in hot weather!
B. Fabric covering left index finger,with embossed #1 is worn through to leather,#1's worn off right index finger/fabrics intact.Otherwise no sign of wear on palms/fingers of gloves,just well broken in and very comfortable!
C. Knuckle protector bases on the index and middle fingers at the second finger joint have split the leather open exposing the base and thin foam pad separating it from the top of the leather fingers.They've just split open and not falling apart.
I like these gloves very much and after comparison shopping with my current inexpensive glove purchases and trying on a pair of $300 Helds at a local Ducati dealer,was more than happy to pay a premium price for the techie looks and features which actually have been tested and work.I went down while crossing a just rain wetted painted line at a curve on a freeway exit.
I've always worn gauntlet gloves and like the gauntlet cuff the best.
I bought my inexpensive gloves at my local dealer on sale and although they are actually very good quality for the price ($50- 100),I feel very confident in these purpose built gloves!
« Last Edit: 02/08/12 09:04PM by paul13131313 »

Offline TanMan

« Reply #52 on: 02/08/12 08:00PM »
Standard fit in comparison to my other gloves which all are purchased in xxxl for room for glove liners.
I've had my Handroids since 8/10 and have had only three issues.
A. I call STG about every six months for replacement aerofoils that disappear from the back of the glove.I thought I was pushing them off when pulling trashcans in from the curb,but eliminated that cause.I'm going to try a rubbery adhesive at next install.I'd try epoxy/gorilla glue,but if the plastic mounts react badly,i'll have screwed up some very expensive gloves!That's it,i'll test adhesives on replaced aerofoil! 
You know right away ones missing in hot weather!
B. Fabric covering left index finger,with embossed #1 is worn through to leather,#1's worn off right index finger/fabrics intact.Otherwise no sign of wear on palms/fingers of gloves,just well broken in and very comfortable!
C. Knuckle protector bases on the index and middle fingers at the second finger joint have split the leather open exposing the base and thin foam pad separating it from the top of the leather fingers.They've just split open and not falling apart.
I like these gloves very much and after comparison shopping with my current inexpensive glove purchases and trying on a pair of $300 Helds at a local Ducati dealer,was more than happy to pay a premium price for the techie looks and features which actually have been tested and work.I went down while crossing a just rain wetted painted line at a curve on a freeway exit.
I've always worn gauntlet gloves and like the gauntlet cuff the best.
I bought my inexpensive gloves at my local dealer on sale and although they are actually very good quality for the price ($50- 100),I feel very confident in these purpose built gloves!

Paul,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the glove. I presume you use them extensively since you bought them late in '10?

Would you say that these shortcomings; finger tip wear and leather separation, will pose a serious hazard if you were to (touch wood) go down with them on now?

Offline paul13131313

• 599cc
  • paul13131313's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 02/08/12 08:31PM »
I commute to work five days a week and wear my one piece race leather,race boots and these gloves when the temps 50 low/70 high or above and clear/cloudy conditions.Pretty much year round here in Los Angeles!
I've already been down once and I am absolutely confident these are not single use gloves.Brian Van @ STG promotes about the popularity of these gloves with the track riders!There's the ultimate test!
What I really find important is these gloves stay on when you go down like all good gauntlet gloves.Gloves/boots are'nt much good when they slip off in a crash! 
« Last Edit: 02/08/12 09:08PM by paul13131313 »

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 57 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook