Topic: Shorty Gloves (Help)  (Read 7474 times)

Offline Cruzinhb714

• Pin it!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Cruzinhb714's Gallery
  • So fly like a R6
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Bikeless for now
  • Years Riding: 5
Re: Shorty Gloves (Help)
« Reply #20 on: 01/05/10 02:14PM »
A Stars will cover them with in a year. Take them or send them to their HQ in Torrance, CA. I have taken back several pairs and always get the newest pair on the market back.

I have 2 sets of shorty's I don't use, if any one is interested. Retail for 80$ willing to let go for 40$ Small and Med.

Offline NINJUST

« Reply #21 on: 01/05/10 02:21PM »
A Stars will cover them with in a year. Take them or send them to their HQ in Torrance, CA. I have taken back several pairs and always get the newest pair on the market back.

I have 2 sets of shorty's I don't use, if any one is interested. Retail for 80$ willing to let go for 40$ Small and Med.

what glove is the small? I might be interested!
-Justin

Offline Cruzinhb714

• Pin it!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Cruzinhb714's Gallery
  • So fly like a R6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01/05/10 03:03PM »
Both pair are the same. PM sent with pic. 1 Med. 1 Small. 40$ each set.

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Craigs list</td></tr></table>

Offline Cruzinhb714

• Pin it!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Cruzinhb714's Gallery
  • So fly like a R6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01/05/10 03:04PM »
I also have a pair of Red Gauntlets if any one is interested. They are Med. and have only been used 5 or 6 times. 60$ for those

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Craigs list</td></tr></table>

Offline NINJUST

« Reply #24 on: 01/05/10 03:07PM »

Might take the Small's off ya, but I'm gonna stop by cycle gear and try em on first. (Cycle gear is closer to me than you are :-P ) Will let ya know. No biggie if someone else gets to 'em first though.
-Justin

Offline Cruzinhb714

• Pin it!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Cruzinhb714's Gallery
  • So fly like a R6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01/05/10 03:09PM »
Ok, sounds good. let me know. I'm right by cooks corner or Laguna Cycle Gear. Nice ride down Santiago Cyn for your new gloves 8) lol

Offline NINJUST

« Reply #26 on: 01/05/10 03:22PM »
Ok, sounds good. let me know. I'm right by cooks corner or Laguna Cycle Gear. Nice ride down Santiago Cyn for your new gloves 8) lol

Ha Ha Awesome!
-Justin

Offline TwistedFingers

• VeRy vErY tWiStEd!
  • Banned
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • TwistedFingers's Gallery
  • Don't just dream! Realize it.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Yup!
  • Years Riding: With or without training wheels ?
« Reply #27 on: 01/05/10 05:09PM »
I will take the Med.  PM sent.

Thundercat

« Reply #28 on: 01/05/10 05:21PM »
Those look comfy. I wonder how they fit.

I was going to look into gettin a pair of these gloves. Anyone ever used them>?

http://www.missionmotorsports.com/eshopprod_cat_5857-21593_brand_172-370-182-261-302_product_793776.FIELDSHEER_VANITY_GLOVE.htm

Offline NINJUST

« Reply #29 on: 01/06/10 07:17AM »

Picked up the small pair last night! Thanks again Cruzin! Feel awesome. Can't wait to ride with 'em!
-Justin

Offline Slideways

« Reply #30 on: 02/18/10 10:17AM »
Hello Guys, New member here. I am a manufacturers rep in our industry and have seen all the gloves out there. Some offer a little of each, style, protection etc.
High Velocity Gear makes the ONLY CE Certified glove in North America (that I am aware of) and it comes with a LIFETIME replacement Warranty...YES a lifetime warranty. $225 retail.
Choose your color combo. May have to wait 2-4 weeks, but extremely worth it..I will put this glove up against anything on the market. (Not trying to be a dickhead or cocky at all with that statement, just extremely confident in this product.) It carries the Certification that all the other gloves lack in the US.
 I took these gloves to Buttonwillow raceway this past weekend, the owner of The Track Club bought them and our body armor. Said he knew right away this was an awesome product.
 I have pics of other gloves that have been listed in this thread that have had a seam burst. Extremely painful for that individual. Will forward if asked.
With permission from your Leader at OCMOTO, I would be willing to offer a group buy if anyone would be interested. 619-851-9754...just my two cents

Offline GOOKIE MONSTER

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • GOOKIE MONSTER's Gallery
  • Your Face!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 12 zx14r, 02 RC-51
  • Years Riding: Not enough
« Reply #31 on: 02/18/10 10:23AM »
Hello Guys, New member here. I am a manufacturers rep in our industry and have seen all the gloves out there. Some offer a little of each, style, protection etc.
High Velocity Gear makes the ONLY CE Certified glove in North America (that I am aware of) and it comes with a LIFETIME replacement Warranty...YES a lifetime warranty. $225 retail.
Choose your color combo. May have to wait 2-4 weeks, but extremely worth it..I will put this glove up against anything on the market. (Not trying to be a dickhead or cocky at all with that statement, just extremely confident in this product.) It carries the Certification that all the other gloves lack in the US.
 I took these gloves to Buttonwillow raceway this past weekend, the owner of The Track Club bought them and our body armor. Said he knew right away this was an awesome product.
 I have pics of other gloves that have been listed in this thread that have had a seam burst. Extremely painful for that individual. Will forward if asked.
With permission from your Leader at OCMOTO, I would be willing to offer a group buy if anyone would be interested. 619-851-9754...just my two cents

do you have a website?
Quote from: njineermike
Shiny bikes sucK. Ride it proud. It's a bike, not an AIDS patient.

Offline TwistedFingers

• VeRy vErY tWiStEd!
  • Banned
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • TwistedFingers's Gallery
  • Don't just dream! Realize it.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Yup!
  • Years Riding: With or without training wheels ?
« Reply #32 on: 02/18/10 10:38AM »
What is CE for on the gloves?  I have seen it on glasses too.

Offline Slideways

« Reply #33 on: 02/18/10 11:19AM »
www.highvelocitygear.com. He has an explanation page on CE Certification.

For those that don't like to read (like me) the short answer is basically it is like a 9001 ISO company or a UL Laboratory seal. Every step in the maufacturing process is tightly controlled and must meet EVERY aspect for the certification requirement they are applying for such as seam bursting, abrassion resistance, tear and cut resistance, etc. in this case.
Everything, exactly the same, every single time in the process, allowing for a much higher quality product. Alot of 9001 companies only do business with other 9001 ISO comanies beacuse of this quailty control. The end user is this scenario the eventual winner with a great product.
Belive it or not, some very well known companies that advertise this CE Certification on their products have only one piece tested to meet the minimum requirements.
John

Offline Moxie

• 125cc
  • Moxie's Gallery
  • Arrogance has to be earned.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K8 GSXR 750
  • Years Riding: Summer 2011
« Reply #34 on: 01/28/12 02:33AM »
These are my first riding gloves and they have yet to fail me yet. Super comfortable and I've gone down in them with no damage to them. I believe the SPX are in a higher tier to the SMX you are looking at. Only thing to note is that the white lines on your fingers will come off from brake lever, but this is simply aesthetic wear-and-tear.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/alpinestars-sp-x-gloves

Offline BlueJ

• Jumbaco!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • BlueJ's Gallery
  • Yamaha runs in my blood
    • View Profile
  • Bike: yes
« Reply #35 on: 01/28/12 02:57AM »

i dont' have my receipt, how does this process work?

Offline butterthegreat

• Crotch Rocket Fever!!!!!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • butterthegreat's Gallery
  • Come to the Darkside, We have cookies.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14
  • Years Riding: 9
« Reply #36 on: 01/28/12 03:35AM »
I have a pair of AStar SMX gloves which feel great in the summer! But let's face it, if the inevitable happens, they aren't going to protect much.

I crash tested the same pair of gloves twice @ 55mph+.  My hands came out with no injuries.  They were useless after the second time though.  I love my SMX gloves.

Offline whothatchineze

« Reply #37 on: 04/17/12 05:29PM »
I know this thread is long past, but I love my gloves so much I thought I'd tell you guys about mine.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/37/41550/ITEM/Cortech-Vice-2-0-Gloves.aspx

Cortech Vice Gloves 2.0.  When I first started riding, I wore some old alpinestar shorty's that left marks on my hand like I was trying to cut myself.  After getting my second bike, I opted for better gear and went to different stores to try out gloves.  I walked into Cycle Gear to try out gloves, but the Bilt/Sidi gloves didn't seem all that solid or comfortable.  The following week I walked into Long Beach Motorsports and tried on the Cortech Hydro GT gloves.  They were comfortable and snug like a dream.  But they were gauntlets, so I asked David (parts rep), and he told me they have smaller gloves, vice gloves 2.0.  I tried them on and they were the same comfort level as the Hydro GT's.  I bought them on the spot and David even hooked it up with a 10% discount.  Since then, they've been warm during cold weather (I ride to work every day at 7:30am and it's about 45 degrees out), and cool during the warmer days (remember that weekend we had 85 degree weather?).  They vent well during normal riding and even better when you stick your hand out into the wind.  There are perforations along each finger and a huge vent behind the steel knuckle protector.  I haven't seen full blow summer weather yet, so we'll see.  But so far I love these gloves and would get a second pair if I needed to.  The only nit-pick I have is that I had to get a size bigger to accommodate my hand.

Offline Korn_fed

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Korn_fed's Gallery
  • The name's John
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 kawi zx6r
  • Years Riding: 3 years
« Reply #38 on: 05/01/12 06:25AM »
Have you tried astar sp2s by chance?  I don't like shorties because they offer less protection and if your not a fair weather rider they help keep the wind out of your arms/wrists.  They just redesigned the sp2s for 2012 and I intend to pick up a pair once I stop procrastinating.
The difference between a Harley and a Hoover is the position of the DIRTBAG.

Offline NINJUST

Re: Re: Shorty Gloves (Help)
« Reply #39 on: 05/01/12 06:54AM »
Got myself  a pair of Icon accelerant Gloves last week.They are comfortable and durable as well.

Those look pretty decent. Does the zipper feel weird under your jacket sleeves?

-Sent my HTC Rezound
-Justin

Page created in 2.367 seconds with 67 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything