Topic: Classifieds Policy  (Read 18503 times)

Offline PIKE 49

• PIIIIIKKKKKKKKEEEEE
  • 749cc
  • PIKE 49's Gallery
  • Just remember....
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda Shadow 1100 project
Re: Classifieds Policy
« Reply #40 on: 03/23/10 12:08PM »
ive noticed that if you just post it, they will move it, ive seen a couple threads move in the last couple days, so they will show you were it goes, THAts one plus

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
  • Proud member of the loose screw crew!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '07Ducati Monster 695 Dark, '04 Ducati Supersport 800 Streetfighter, '07 CBR1000RR (project),'07 Duc
  • Years Riding: lots
« Reply #41 on: 03/23/10 12:16PM »
There again, some "vendors" have regular deals that they post such as used gear or used parts that are separate from shop However since I am referred to as a "shop" then would my personal posts get deleted in this section you mention!?!?
Or do ALL of my post have to be in the "VENDOR" section. Remember I have been around this site since it first opened and signed up a year ago (almost) not as a vendor but as myself. Now with that in the mix, How would your proposed "back door" work?

I too am a little bit confused. I was about to list a classified ad this morning for a shock I pulled off my bike yesterday...but now I'm not sure where to post or if I am even allowed to. I listed it on craigslist:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/mcy/1657770765.html

Do new parts go in the vendors section and used parts go in the classifieds, or do I too need to list all items I want to sell in the vendors section? Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Any used part may be posted by a member. If you posted it to CL first and want to link to the CL posting to avoid repeating yourself, simply state that and it's just fine. If you have multiple parts, having them all listed in a single post is better, but informing a mod you have multiple parts and wish to break it up to avoid confusion helps.
If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.  - Winston Churchill

Offline CycleVIN

« Reply #42 on: 03/23/10 12:35PM »
There again, some "vendors" have regular deals that they post such as used gear or used parts that are separate from shop However since I am referred to as a "shop" then would my personal posts get deleted in this section you mention!?!?
Or do ALL of my post have to be in the "VENDOR" section. Remember I have been around this site since it first opened and signed up a year ago (almost) not as a vendor but as myself. Now with that in the mix, How would your proposed "back door" work?

I too am a little bit confused. I was about to list a classified ad this morning for a shock I pulled off my bike yesterday...but now I'm not sure where to post or if I am even allowed to. I listed it on craigslist:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/mcy/1657770765.html

Do new parts go in the vendors section and used parts go in the classifieds, or do I too need to list all items I want to sell in the vendors section? Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Any used part may be posted by a member. If you posted it to CL first and want to link to the CL posting to avoid repeating yourself, simply state that and it's just fine. If you have multiple parts, having them all listed in a single post is better, but informing a mod you have multiple parts and wish to break it up to avoid confusion helps.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up for me Mike.

Offline kePrez

• OWNER/SERVICE MGR.
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • kePrez's Gallery
  • Top Notch MotoSports,714-622-4352,714-650-1846
    • View Profile
    • TOP NOTCH MOTOSPORTS
  • Bike: 1996 Harley-Davidson FatBoy, 2008 Honda CBR600RR, 2010 Kawasaki ZX10R
  • Years Riding: since 1998
« Reply #43 on: 03/23/10 12:53PM »
mike is the shi.... ha ha.
Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy, be honest with yourself first, and the rest will follow!
 Top Notch MotoSports Voted #1 on OC HOTLIST!!!!

http://topnotchmotosport.com/Home_Page.php

chrisweir.com

« Reply #44 on: 03/23/10 01:09PM »
Mike, thank you for all your hard work on this issue.  I think you're doing a fantastic job.

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '07Ducati Monster 695 Dark, '04 Ducati Supersport 800 Streetfighter, '07 CBR1000RR (project),'07 Duc
« Reply #45 on: 03/23/10 01:16PM »
Thanks guys. I do appreciate it.
If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.  - Winston Churchill

HBguy

« Reply #46 on: 03/23/10 06:48PM »
From the looks of the CA BAR website, they only care about smog and light adjustments so it's rather moot, but you could just say "in good standing with all applicable legal requirements". 

I would also commend OCMoto for its good history of allowing members to criticize its sponsors.  This place is rather communal so any unjust/baseless criticism usually get's what it deserves.  I would like OCMoto to let its sponsors know (formally) that it will allow members to make statements which might question the shops deeds or nature.  In todays world where bad shops accumulate its bad rep (online at least) pretty quick, this is something that has become invaluable to consumers willing to do some research. 

[soapbox]
I hate it when a good "local community" forum turns into a corporate-like machine.  I understand that there are overhead costs associated with running this site, as well as ALOT of time that goes into it as well on behalf of the OC Moto staff.  But I think instead of playing favorites with "sponsors", the site should be community supported.  This takes all the business capitalism and favoritism out of the picture and puts the welfare of the site in the hands of the community.  The staff could setup a subscription-based system which allows members to "donate" a certain amount in exchange for special privileges (such as a cool title, or an exclusive sub-forum, etc).  I'd be happy to kick over $20 or so a month to help keep this place going.  With maybe 100 active members and an average of $5 a month from each member that's $500 a month in revenue right there!  And I'm sure there'll be those who want to contribute even more!
[/soapbox]

- K
I hate it when you post in a thread because you always detract from the main topic and rant.  It's either that or -1 rating rants or "im leaving" rants or forum related drama threads.

...while we're being off topic.  [/soapbox]
« Last Edit: 03/23/10 06:50PM by Beach Bum »

Offline LBCR1

• Advisory Board member
  • OCM Sweeper
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • LBCR1's Gallery
  • Team Insomnia
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2008 Red Fiat Yamaha R1- 05 CBR600rr race team
  • Years Riding: 5 years on dirt and street motorcycles
« Reply #47 on: 03/23/10 07:24PM »
[soapbox]
I hate it when a good "local community" forum turns into a corporate-like machine.  I understand that there are overhead costs associated with running this site, as well as ALOT of time that goes into it as well on behalf of the OC Moto staff.  But I think instead of playing favorites with "sponsors", the site should be community supported.  This takes all the business capitalism and favoritism out of the picture and puts the welfare of the site in the hands of the community.  The staff could setup a subscription-based system which allows members to "donate" a certain amount in exchange for special privileges (such as a cool title, or an exclusive sub-forum, etc).  I'd be happy to kick over $20 or so a month to help keep this place going.  With maybe 100 active members and an average of $5 a month from each member that's $500 a month in revenue right there!  And I'm sure there'll be those who want to contribute even more!
[/soapbox]

- K

are you kicking over the the 20.00 a month already if not i will help you do that here is the page that will allow you to pay up remember 20.00 a month so we will be expecting your dollars each month.

http://www.ocmoto.com/index.php?action=info;sa=donate

Offline kePrez

• OWNER/SERVICE MGR.
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • kePrez's Gallery
  • Top Notch MotoSports,714-622-4352,714-650-1846
    • View Profile
    • TOP NOTCH MOTOSPORTS
  • Bike: 1996 Harley-Davidson FatBoy, 2008 Honda CBR600RR, 2010 Kawasaki ZX10R
  • Years Riding: since 1998
« Reply #48 on: 03/23/10 10:23PM »
Beach Bum; Actually that is not correct, those are 2 of the 3. The third being "ANY" repairs or services of vehicle, cars, trucks, motorcycles, on road, and off road all have to sign up with the B.A.R.. 
Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy, be honest with yourself first, and the rest will follow!
 Top Notch MotoSports Voted #1 on OC HOTLIST!!!!

http://topnotchmotosport.com/Home_Page.php

k

« Reply #49 on: 03/23/10 11:55PM »
I hate it when you post in a thread because you always detract from the main topic and rant.  It's either that or -1 rating rants or "im leaving" rants or forum related drama threads.

If you have an issue with me, please feel free to PM me instead of attacking me publicly.  No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read my posts... :7:

are you kicking over the the 20.00 a month already if not i will help you do that here is the page that will allow you to pay up remember 20.00 a month so we will be expecting your dollars each month.

http://www.ocmoto.com/index.php?action=info;sa=donate

As long as it's sponsor supported, I will not contribute.  My point was if it were to become COMMUNITY supported i'd be happy to contribute.  Nice try, thanks for playing.  :8:

- K

Offline LBCR1

• Advisory Board member
  • OCM Sweeper
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • LBCR1's Gallery
  • Team Insomnia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 03/24/10 07:25AM »
It is community supported with help from sponsors.

The reason why getting only members to support the site won't work is because members come and go take breaks from the site we can't rely on members alone. Speaking of members leaving isn't about time for you to cry about something and threaten to leave and come back with a new name.

We have Ocmoto shirts and stuff for sale have you purchased any goods to help out. If no then you are not helping to make it community supported. You expect Dane and mike to be able to pay for a few months for the expenses that the site has while they attempt to collect money from members and drop the sponsors or are you willing to pay for months it takes to get it going the way you think it should work.

Step up K, untill you start dishing out some dollars to help bring it away from sponsors then what do you expect. Better yet make your own forum and charge your members money for the site and you can give them a nice leather vest with a patch on it. And let us know how it works out for you. 

bumble bee

« Reply #51 on: 03/24/10 08:30AM »

k

« Reply #52 on: 03/24/10 08:32AM »
It is community supported with help from sponsors.

The reason why getting only members to support the site won't work is because members come and go take breaks from the site we can't rely on members alone. Speaking of members leaving isn't about time for you to cry about something and threaten to leave and come back with a new name.

We have Ocmoto shirts and stuff for sale have you purchased any goods to help out. If no then you are not helping to make it community supported. You expect Dane and mike to be able to pay for a few months for the expenses that the site has while they attempt to collect money from members and drop the sponsors or are you willing to pay for months it takes to get it going the way you think it should work.

Step up K, untill you start dishing out some dollars to help bring it away from sponsors then what do you expect. Better yet make your own forum and charge your members money for the site and you can give them a nice leather vest with a patch on it. And let us know how it works out for you. 

Who spoke about members leaving?  I sure didn't bring that subject up.  But hey, if taking jabs at me is your thing... then jab away.  I'm not going to let anything said on an internet forum get to me.

I would have HAPPILY bought a shirt or two had they produced it in my size... I wear XXL and the largest they had was a L.  I wanted to buy one of the "brake fluid cozies" but was told that they were out of stock.  All that's left really are the OC Moto stickers, and since I'm not too big a fan of stickers I haven't purchased any.

Like I told Steve (Beach Bum), if you have an issue with me i'd appreciate it if you took it to PM's.  Otherwise, I'm done with this topic.  ;)

- K

k

« Reply #53 on: 03/24/10 08:33AM »

Hey quit hogging the bucket.

bumble bee

« Reply #54 on: 03/24/10 08:36AM »

Hey quit hogging the bucket.

take your hands out of my bucket

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 03/24/10 08:42AM »
Arguing about whether having a policy is a good or bad idea is a moot point. It's neccessary, it's here, and it's staying. The framework will be modified as events unfold and the viability of each portion of the framework's implementation is evaluated as situations warrant. Having a "Sponsors pay so I won't" mentality is your right. I pay for membership at 3 sponsor supported sites right now. At others (mostly those run by VS) I don't. But, if you don't pay anything, and expect the rules to be bent according to your whims and preferences, don't expect an overwhelming wave of support from anybody. It's like I tell my son; Until he has a job and pays rent, he can think he has an opinion and it matters, but it doesn't.

Back on topic, There is a feedback method for airing grievances as well as constructive criticism. The end goal is a free and open forum for our members, reduced spamming, and more support for the paying sponsors. These all involve give and take, but this is the reality of the situation. If you feel some aspect of it can be improved, please feel free to give feedback in a  constructive manner. "You suck" messages are ignored in the order they are recieved.

Offline LBCR1

• Advisory Board member
  • OCM Sweeper
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • LBCR1's Gallery
  • Team Insomnia
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 03/24/10 09:26AM »
I haven't looked but the current sponsors are they all local and part of the community if so then the site is community supported they just happen to have a shop or store and got an ad.

I brought up people leaving since it's a fact that people leave and that means lost support and when enough leave then the rest of the community must pay more to make up the cost. Soon more will leave because they can't pay more each time a member leave. Soon the site dies out all because we only relied on the community to pay. Also with shops sponsorship we usually get deals from them, would you rather pay more for services and products just to keep them from an ad on the site or save a little cash becouse they are sponsors and want to help out the community. Me I would like to save some money that will help me buy some more stuff for the bike.

HBguy

« Reply #57 on: 03/24/10 10:02AM »
I don't care about you or the issue enough to PM you...I rather mock your whiny ass in public for the entertainment value.

Oh and yeah, if YOU had something to say, you could do the same to me.  Still mad that your $1k bike sold for $1k?  :)

Offline Stavesacre

• It's SAM damn it, not Steve! *&#%$
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Stavesacre's Gallery
  • The Ferrari of bikes
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ducati 749 Dark
  • Years Riding: 2005
« Reply #58 on: 03/24/10 12:00PM »
Just when we got this thread heading in the right direction.......
Does your carbon fiber look like crap?       I repair carbon fiber!       Cracks, holes, chips....   sun damage!      New UV resistant resin and clear coat.       Don't throw it away,      repair it!

Offline PIKE 49

• PIIIIIKKKKKKKKEEEEE
  • 749cc
  • PIKE 49's Gallery
  • Just remember....
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda Shadow 1100 project
« Reply #59 on: 03/24/10 01:20PM »
wat kind of bike was it for 1k??? ha.

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 47 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook