Topic: What Did You Do Today??? - Pics Or It Didn't Happen!  (Read 730236 times)

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
  • I see what you did there.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 86 Vulcan 750, 98 VFR800 FI, 14 VFR800FE
  • Years Riding: Since Nov '11
Re: What Did You Do Today??? - Pics Or It Didn't Happen!
« Reply #7240 on: 07/03/17 04:21PM »
2002 VFR800 sold yesterday...

So we picked up 2 brand new 2014 VFR800s!

Offline 1fastrider

• AFFATT: All Flip Flops All The Time!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • 1fastrider's Gallery
  • I only have to be faster than 1 person....
    • View Profile
    • Elite Riders
  • Bike: '17 S1000RR
  • Years Riding: 100 yrs
« Reply #7241 on: 07/03/17 08:09PM »
cool bikes. congrats!
If you are offended by my posts that's your problem

Offline Rd Todd

• 599cc
  • Rd Todd's Gallery
  • The Huntington Hillbilly
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 03 Wr450 plated, 76 Rd 400, 78 Yz250, 79 Yz 125, 78 Yz100,
  • Years Riding: Cant remember
« Reply #7242 on: 07/03/17 09:12PM »
Congrats Guys Tyler you are a VERY lucky man to have a wife that shares the passion... Hi Em hope all is well enjoy the new rides!!
Bikers are good people!

Offline estanner

• 125cc
  • estanner's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 99 VFR800 FI, VN750, 2009 ER-6n (Sold)
  • Years Riding: 4 years
« Reply #7243 on: 07/04/17 09:24AM »
Congrats Guys Tyler you are a VERY lucky man to have a wife that shares the passion... Hi Em hope all is well enjoy the new rides!!

Thanks Todd! All is very well, thanks for asking. Hope you have a fun 4th! :)

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: 07/04/17 02:23PM »
cool bikes. congrats!

:8:

Thanks Todd! Hope everything is well with you and your family. I see you're a constant threat to the fish :D

Offline Rd Todd

• 599cc
  • Rd Todd's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7245 on: 07/04/17 04:36PM »
Livin the dream bra!
Bikers are good people!

Online OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800 (2001&2009) Ducati 900SS/SP (1995)
  • Years Riding: 30yrs.
« Reply #7246 on: 07/04/17 04:57PM »
Livin the dream bra!
Dude! That fish is almost as big as you! Nice catch!
“You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave...”

Rogue

« Reply #7247 on: 07/04/17 06:22PM »
Yup congratulations Tanners. 

So does this mean we will see more of you this summer? 

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: 07/04/17 08:41PM »
Yup congratulations Tanners. 

So does this mean we will see more of you this summer?

Sure will. I wasn't getting on with the 02 and it kinda stifled my desire to ride a tad. We cruised the typical OC stuff today and had a blast. Falling in love with the 8th gen like my 5th. It's like Honda "finished" the VFR800. It's very "complete."

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7249 on: 07/09/17 02:56PM »
Tested the new bikes on our favorite twisty road, S6 on Palomar. The new Viffers performed great!

:43:

There was a S1000R there too, but somehow I must have missed it in the photos  :24:
« Last Edit: 07/09/17 03:38PM by thtanner »

Rogue

« Reply #7250 on: 07/09/17 08:02PM »
I was told you guys had a great ride.  Congrats again.

I would have attended but I was busy doing bike tune up and squeezing more power out of my DR650.  Let's ride next Sunday.

Offline Rd Todd

• 599cc
  • Rd Todd's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: 07/19/17 09:32PM »
 Been busting my hump getting my boat ship shape IQZERO was kind enough to help me do a sea trial today all went well.
Bikers are good people!

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7252 on: 07/22/17 08:27PM »
Performed the 600 mile service on our two new VFRs. Access to the filter is a bit tricky; it pays to have the right tools.

Rogue

« Reply #7253 on: 07/23/17 02:45PM »
I woke up at sunrise today and it was such a glorious morning that I just had to ride.  Ride anywhere!  I rode to Ortega as the sun rose from the East.  When one slows down just a bit it really is a scenic ride.  Unfortunately, I wasn't the only person there and it seemed there were more cars heading to Lake Elsinore than I'm used to seeing on a Sunday morning.  One guy on a Hayabusa passed me then passed a pick up truck in a blind corder, nearly colliding with the pick up truck in the process!  Damn!  Later, a car in front of me had its turn signal on to go left, started to slow down while hugging the center line...I was sure the car was going to make a left into a trailhead parking lot so for a moment I contemplated passing it on its right.  Then the car suddenly swerved to the right and went into the Candy store on the right!!!  Hot damn!  I just couldn't believe the stupidity!  I almost got into collision if I hadn't hesitated for that moment!

Anyway I survived and made it to Lake Elsinore, where I decided to just keep on going.  I ended up taking a road called Rice Canyon near Temecula.  Very nice, little off the beaten path road that takes you under a canopy of trees for a while then drops you off at Hwy 76 near Pala.  The road reminded me of Live Oak Canyon, only a whole lot more isolated and didn't have a whole lot of slow OC folks.  I had the road to myself.  Anyway, I just kept on riding and riding up and over to Palomar Mountain, where the Ricky Racers were already in full swing and it wasn't even 9 am yet.  Two leather clad racers came up behind me on S6, so I let them pass.  I tried to hang with them but I just wasn't quite as daring as they were so they just left me. 

I decided to skip the gathering of race-replicas at Mothers and went to enjoy a breakfast bar at a quiet turn off.  I like having a quiet meal while admiring my bike.  Just me and my bike with the birds and the bees.  I could hear the sounds of motorcycle engines racing up and down S6 from here.

I stopped to admire Lake Henshaw on S7.  Ever since we got so much rain in winter and spring, this valley has become so lush and scenic, as opposed to dry and desolate.

Who wouldn't want to spend a morning like this up here?

The ride back to the OC had me lane splitting from the end of Camp Pendleton all the way to the end of San Clemente in the 5.  Both directions of the 5 was bumper to bumper. 

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
« Reply #7254 on: 07/23/17 02:54PM »
"The ride back to the OC had me lane splitting from the end of Camp Pendleton all the way to the end of San Clemente in the 5.  Both directions of the 5 was bumper to bumper. "

Such is life on the 5 to SD in the summer time, had a extra 45 min of traffic going down there on Friday splitting on the FZ1 made it bearable though.
"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7255 on: 07/23/17 04:21PM »
I must say, there was little to no traffic to speak of on Friday. Definitely worth taking a day off mid-week to ride!

Rogue

« Reply #7256 on: 07/23/17 05:28PM »
Yeah I've been thinking of taking a Friday off work to do an all day ride in South SD County.  I might just cave in very soon and use up some PTO instead of saving it for end of year vacations.

Offline bramer

• NooB
  • bramer's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1986 Nighthawk 700S
  • Years Riding: 10
« Reply #7257 on: 07/24/17 07:36AM »
Cook's Corner had a BMW Demo Truck this weekend.  I enjoy going to the different brands' demo rides.  I wasn't particularly excited about the BMW demo ride, but I had buddies going early, I had time, so I went.  After a wonderful breakfast burrito, and horrible hazelnut coffee, I signed up to ride the R1200R, a bike I had never even heard of.  I had an hour and half to kill.  During the hour and a half, I sat on all the BMWs.  All the RTs, the GS (1200, 800, and 700.)  and the new cruiser they have...not sure what it's called, and also the new little 310. Wow.  What a freaking awesome little bike.  During that time, I actually grew extremely fond of the entire lineup.  The GS700 was fluffing awesome.  The little 310, the RT9s with their style and balance.  Suffice to say, I was impressed. 

The R1200R I guess is their #1 seller in Europe:

....and I can see why.  This bike was AMAZING.  I have ridden a friends' BMW, he had 2 different touring bikes, not sure the names, but a little older.  I wasn't very fond of either one because of the strange controls, but the new R1200R was perfect.  Butter.  Fine wine.  The chronic.   Power everywhere.  Boxer that just hums along. 

Hope this qualifies as a "What did you do today" type of post.  Now, how do I "find" $18k?  haha.
« Last Edit: 07/25/17 06:24PM by bramer »

Online OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800 (2001&2009) Ducati 900SS/SP (1995)
  • Years Riding: 30yrs.
« Reply #7258 on: 07/24/17 06:51PM »
Cook's Corner had a BMW Demo Truck this weekend.  I enjoy going to the different brands' demo rides.  I wasn't particularly excited about the BMW demo ride, but I had buddies going early, I had time, so I went.  After a wonderful breakfast burrito, and horrible hazelnut coffee, I signed up to ride the R1200R, a bike I had never even heard of.  I had an hour and half to kill.  During the hour and a half, I sat on all the BMWs.  All the RTs, the GS (1200, 800, and 700.)  and the new cruiser they have...not sure what it's called, and also the new little 310. Wow.  What a freaking awesome little bike.  During that time, I actually grew extremely fond of the entire lineup.  The GS700 was fluffing awesome.  The little 310, the RT9s with their style and balance.  Suffice to say, I was impressed. 

The R1200R I guess is their #1 seller in Europe:

....and I can see why.  This bike was AMAZING.  I have ridden a friends' BMW, he had 2 different touring bikes, not sure the names, but a little older.  I wasn't very fond of either one because of the strange controls, but the new R1200R was perfect.  Butter.  Fine wine.  The chronic.   Power everywhere.  Boxer that just hums along. 

Hope this qualifies as a "What did you do today" type of post.  Now, how do I "find" $18k?  haha.
Maybe you can see why but we can't...your pictures aren't showing up!
“You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave...”

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7259 on: 07/24/17 07:31PM »
Reposting his images.

Doesn't look like 18k worth of machine to me. Maybe I don't get the BMW thing. 12k.. sure. 18? eh.

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 54 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything