Topic: 17yr old girl gets punched in the face by a Cop  (Read 1987 times)

Offline cawrestlingfan

What are your takes on this one LOL
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=7499143&pid=7499129

For me dont dish it if you can't take it
I hope to have the lowest rating on the forum. Please help

Offline Bigts848SF

• 749cc
  • Bigts848SF's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ducati Streetfighter 848 "yellow of course"
  • Years Riding: 3
Re: 17yr old girl gets punched in the face by a Cop
« Reply #1 on: 06/16/10 07:53AM »
What are your takes on this one LOL
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=7499143&pid=7499129

For me dont dish it if you can't take it
Hey sometimes women just dont listen  >:D
Not sure a punch to face was the right thing but then again you should not put your hands on an officer.

Gahawn

« Reply #2 on: 06/16/10 07:56AM »
Those with added responsibility need to excercise added restraint. That being said I think she had it coming. The girl in the black shirt was clearly struggling with the officer when the girl in the pink shirt jumped in. Now from the officer's point of view it's 2 against 1 and the adrenaline kicks in. It was an automatic response totally appropriate under the circumstances.

HBguy

« Reply #3 on: 06/16/10 11:53AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVT7JByb7GI&feature=player_embedded#!

Is there a reason why our American police officers have to be so brutal, like we are in some third world country? 

I've been drunk in Europe once and done MUCH worse things than that, and the police just looked at me like they were bored and didn't say a word.

Offline Bigts848SF

• 749cc
  • Bigts848SF's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ducati Streetfighter 848 "yellow of course"
« Reply #4 on: 06/16/10 12:27PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LgFenCL0jzw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LgFenCL0jzw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999</a>
after watching the whole thing she got what was coming to her.

Gahawn

« Reply #5 on: 06/16/10 12:37PM »
Used to be the guy with the bigger gun won the argument. Now it's the guy with the bigger video camera. The good news though is that it makes "shoot first and ask questions later" a viable option. I think this video clearly vindicates the officer.

Offline cawrestlingfan

« Reply #6 on: 06/16/10 01:13PM »
See my thread.
And yes there is, if u put your hands on a cop while he is performing his duty you deserve it.
I hope to have the lowest rating on the forum. Please help

killerchops87

« Reply #7 on: 06/16/10 05:23PM »
What do you guys think about this? Was the officer right or was he wrong? Personally I believe he is in the right. But then again thats my opinion. What do you think?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/R_O4dUMv_OE&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xd0d0d0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/R_O4dUMv_OE&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xd0d0d0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1</a>

Offline Snapshot

• Fogwalker
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Snapshot's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: A quiet red truck.
  • Years Riding: 37, Years Training Riders: 15
« Reply #8 on: 06/16/10 05:27PM »
She didn't get punched for jay walking, she got punched for physically interfering with the officer.  (Whether it was justified is a matter for debate.)

Walking up and grabbing a police officer while he's dealing with someone else is not a good thing to do.

Ride well,

J~
“The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Ghetto_D

• Professional Good For Nothing.
  • 749cc
  • Ghetto_D's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2003 CBR 600RR
« Reply #9 on: 06/16/10 05:30PM »
You dont touch a cop period. SHes lucky she didnt get shot or tased. THe officer reacted accordingly, she almost knocked him over when she shoved him. What if the officer fell and hit his head and died? He got shoved, she got laid out. Now she and the NAACP are crying about it

Offline hh97

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • hh97's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Anything that runs
  • Years Riding: 5 years
« Reply #10 on: 06/16/10 05:31PM »
She didn't get punched for jay walking, she got punched for physically interfering with the officer. 
Media spin for higher news ratings which brings more money. Maybe it could have been handled better, but it could have been worse (for the cop). Best to stop a situation in it's tracks.
The guys ditched me. I am now lost, cold and all alone. It is getting dark and I hear laughing. Please send help.

[IMG]http://i10

Offline VFR Jim

• OCM Sweeper
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • VFR Jim's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800
  • Years Riding: 10
« Reply #11 on: 06/16/10 05:31PM »
Agreed, it was for interfering, not jay walking.

Although usually they're trained to use other methods to subdue someone (ie, pepper spray, taser, etc.). Punching her was probably not the most professional response to her grabbing him.  I think most cops in his situaion wouldn't have let it gone on so long.  At the FIRST sign of resistance, most would probably warn them that they're about to get pepper sprayed or tasered, and then follow through pretty quick (or they would take the person to the ground real quick).

Jim
« Last Edit: 06/16/10 05:34PM by VFR Jim »

Offline Cass-anova

« Reply #12 on: 06/16/10 05:34PM »
What if the officer fell and hit his head and died?

ineedspeed

« Reply #13 on: 06/16/10 05:38PM »
I don't blame the cop, I've seen situations like this escalate first hand. "News" mediaand its' reports nowadays is nothing more than opinionated gibberish spewed from the mouths of tanned and siliconed up mannequins who read from a tele-prompter. No credibility like the reporters and correspondents of not too long ago.

shojivic

« Reply #14 on: 06/16/10 06:00PM »
Kids these days...  Why is there so much contempt for authority?

My opinion is, despite what may be a shock-to-the-conscious of so many critics, I thought the officer's tolerance and actions (allowing himself to be pushed, etc) were indicative of a LEO holding back.  I'd be willing to bet that had that juvenile been a male, the officer would have 'taken it to the ground,' or OC'd him, etc much more quickly.

Pushing/shoving, raising hands, clenched fists, etc are putting the subject into the realm of aggressive/combative against the officer...  That warrants use of more force than mere verbal commands and grabbing/holding limbs, etc that the officer displayed.  That punch was reactive and she better be glad it was not followed up by a tackle to the ground for handcuffing.

Offline CBX

• I've come here to chew bubble gum & kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
  • NooB
  • CBX's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 82 CBX
« Reply #15 on: 06/16/10 06:01PM »
1st off as an armerd guard (Pendum ATM cash replinsher)I have been in some S**t it dose not matter if it's a man,woman or child when out numberd by hostile people the gloves are off you never know what there capable of. She clearly has no respect for anything a major problem everywhere it's time that people get there S**t together. I've been in fights andshot at I feel for cop trying to make it safe for people then told they can't defend themselves.1st dont even say it was raceism and 2cd the NAACP saying use diffrernt methods of policeing ok well when you (the NAACP) are geting robbed,beaten or raped what would you like the cops to do just watch and ask nicely "would you please stop,no ok sorry to disturb you carry on.".
666 (6 carbs 6 cylinders 6 exhuast)  1982 Honda CBX

Offline LudaCraig

• 125cc
  • LudaCraig's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2007 Triumph Speed Triple, 2003 KTM Duke II
  • Years Riding: 20 in the dirt, 2 on the pavement
« Reply #16 on: 06/16/10 06:19PM »
He already had one woman resisting him and then another one comes up and starts shoving him around. Punching her in the face was probably not the best response but at the same time not completely unjustified. If I was an idiot and started pushing a cop around for some reason I wouldn't be crying or surprised about getting struck or tazed or something similar. You know the cop would react somehow because it appears he is alone and obviously wants to get control of the situation somehow. I love how if it is white cop it is automatically racism. Somebody call Al Sharpton!!!

Offline aeolian

• 998cc
  • aeolian's Gallery
  • Duc Soup!
    • View Profile
    • Tales from the pilot seat of a Ducati SportClassic
  • Bike: Ducati SportClassic 1000S
  • Years Riding: since 1988
« Reply #17 on: 06/16/10 06:33PM »
It was as escalated assault on the cop.   You don't lay a hand on cops. Otherwise expect the worst especially when there are two people that lay hand on a cop.
Tales from the pilot seat of a Ducati SportClassic
http://www.MiDesmo.com

Gahawn

« Reply #18 on: 06/16/10 06:34PM »
This has already been brought up this morning.

http://ocmoto.com/index.php?topic=29733.0
and again
http://ocmoto.com/index.php?topic=29755.0

Can we get a mod to merge these threads please?

Interesting that the poll at the end indicates almost 3/4 of the respondents support the officer.
« Last Edit: 06/16/10 06:41PM by The Stig »

Offline desii

« Reply #19 on: 06/16/10 06:37PM »
not the cops fault, honestly just because shes a girl, if that was a guy and the officer did that, there wouldnt be a question.  she was touching him, and pushing him, what if she grabbed his gun, it was 2 on one, i dont blame the cop at all

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 55 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything