Topic: i rolled through Huntington Beach and all i got was...  (Read 8887 times)

Chris Motion

...this crummy ticket!

[img width= height=]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/mrlepto/RSV4/RSV4ticket1.jpg[/img]

64 in 40 (wrote me for 64 in 45 - officer's preferred speed for the area) - i was all by myself just idling down bushard in 4th under 4K rpm - i always say it's so tough to ride a bike like this around here - i was just going from my Dad's to my house - 3 miles - no hotrodding, etc.  crazy...  he was a motorcycle cop and i have a buddy that's a motorcycle cop for HB.  i asked if he knew him and he said "oh yea, he's a good guy.  i won't tell him i pulled you over and gave you a ticket, i'll just keep that between you and me."  ha!  i love smart-ass stuff like that so i said "thank you sir, i appreciate that"
 :50:

« Last Edit: 09/03/10 09:26PM by Chris Motion »

Offline gsxrGeoff

That sucks!! :6:

And to think I am about to move to 18th street and PCH even sucks more now. I hear hbpd is Phuc*ed. Now you proved it

ducatidennis

Lol.. Kinda off subject but same kinda sarcasm...dude walks in today to my store, I sell him front rotors, pads, dot 3 fluid and a can of brake clean and I ask him if he would like a bag for the small stuff... His reply was..."Why I'm gonna install the stuff in your parking lot and leave a mess for you to clean up"... What a prick! So I shrugged and said, this aint pep boys!

Thundercat

Farking hb

Offline eNiGmA

• Why do we fall? To learn how to pick ourselves back up.
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • eNiGmA's Gallery
  • "Are we there yet..?"
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 03 CBR600RR
  • Years Riding: Not enough..
Next time a cop pulls me over especially TPD ill say "with all due respect f*** you sir"

Thats a bust dude..

Offline Notorious R6

Next time a cop pulls me over especially TPD ill say "with all due respect f*** you sir"

Thats a bust dude..

gl with that...
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" -Dr. Suess

Offline CBRunyan

• Forum Moderator
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • CBRunyan's Gallery
  • AMA Member 1098565
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CBR1000RR
  • Years Riding: 35
Sucks..... 64 in a 45 zone. I little fast, but not insane. I hate the the small fry tickets.

Offline Kevin

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Kevin's Gallery
  • formerly known as "Rhinle"
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2008 Ducati 848
At least you have a beautiful bike!
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.

shojivic

Hey, it's only about 20 over the speed limit. No biggie.. After all, driving's a right these days, yes?  (And in my book, that's hardly a 'small fry' ticket when on surface streets, imho.)

k

Vic, you can get arrested for 20+ over, right?

- K

ducatidennis

Re: i rolled through Huntington Beach and all i got was...
« Reply #10 on: 09/03/10 08:27PM »
I got nailed for 41 in a 25... 386 bux from a nicely hidden City of Orange moto-officer...On the other hand, I've lived in HB/Westminster area for 40 years, I can say, HB hasn't ticketed me yet.. Reason is, I give them nazis a wide birth and respect them non-swastika wearing pricks../knocks on wood!

Chris Motion

« Reply #11 on: 09/03/10 08:36PM »
yeah but i say it's pretty close to impossible to ride this bike 40mph and have the engine running healthy, no bogging, etc.  i would just have to stay in 1st the whole time!!

Offline TheChad

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • TheChad's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2002 CBR954RR, 2011 ZX10R
  • Years Riding: A long time
« Reply #12 on: 09/03/10 08:48PM »
bushard between atlanta and hamilton? Yea I know of several people that live there and all have been popped. They are pretty tired of the cop hiding there. Its a wide open spot there with nothing going on and everyone speeds there. I could understand if they were camped out at the stop sign between hamilton and banning, because thats where people actually died, but you wouldnt get revenue. I see all the dangerous spots being left alone in HB, and the cops are hanging out in high revenue spots. Its pretty disgusting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnVMzmbvtfI

There you go, givin a f*ck when it ain't your turn to give a f*ck.

Offline CBRunyan

• Forum Moderator
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • CBRunyan's Gallery
  • AMA Member 1098565
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CBR1000RR
  • Years Riding: 35
« Reply #13 on: 09/03/10 09:04PM »
@ 25 over you go (legally) from an infraction to a misdemeanor. The difference is you “could” be arrested for a misdemeanor. In most cases of speeding though, they’ll hit you with the ticket and send you before a judge to decide the penalty. It will be worse than traffic school and a $150 for the ticket. Obviously, your insurance company will love to hear of the bad guy who drives so recklessly that is on their book of business and charge you new premiums accordingly for the next several years. This is why most of us try and stay within 5 – 15 miles of the limit. If it rides like a tractor @40 mph, downshift. Stay safe and look up online traffic schools. They only cost about $30 and most counties will accept them to satisfy the ticket. When you get your notice to appear, they’ll tell you if you can waive appearance and take online schools. Good luck.

Offline Spyke★L

• Rock-N-Rolla
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Spyke★L's Gallery
  • Your friendly neighborhood Street Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Spyke
  • Bike: 2008 Kawasaki ZX-6R (SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki 636
« Reply #14 on: 09/03/10 09:20PM »
I had heard in the past that you can request a .. I don't know the term.. a speed survey where the city measures the average speed on a stretch of road.  If the limit is artificially low, the survey can cause it to be changed?

Unless there's a reason it's 45 in that area.  Might be something to look into.

if its out of date (I think its updated every 3 years) the ticket will be dismissed , but only if u request it and the officer gives brings the actual speed survey as evidence
Use discount code "PCDL14" to get discounts on your IMS tickets motorcycleshows.com

mass

« Reply #15 on: 09/03/10 09:23PM »
Three fix it tickets the other weekend courtesy of HBPD

Chris Motion

« Reply #16 on: 09/03/10 09:24PM »
TheChad - yup, that's exactly where.  Privateer - the speed limit is 40MPH!!!  not 45  - ridiculous!

Offline zx12r

• 998cc
  • zx12r's Gallery
  • ✖ Ride, eat, sleep... repeat.
    • View Profile
    • Fast Cash 4 Fast Bikes
  • Bike: 02 Kawasaki Ninja ZX12R
  • Years Riding: 10
« Reply #17 on: 09/03/10 09:53PM »

64 in 40 (wrote me for 64 in 45 - officer's preferred speed for the area)

.....basically you're saying you rode freeway speed on city streets....why be mad at the officer? sure it's a bitch to get a moving violation ticket, but think about it...you broke the law....i have no problem going 35 in 35 or 45 in 45....and neither should you nor any other sport biker for that fact....agree, if you'd traveled 40-45 in 40mph zone, there wouldn't be a need for OP.....just remember #1 cause for accidents is - speed! Slow down guys, especially during this holiday weekend.

Chris Motion

« Reply #18 on: 09/03/10 10:03PM »
oh i'm sorry, did i say i was mad???  i don't remember saying anything about being mad...   if i was mad, i don't think i'd be taking pics and poking fun... oh and freeway speed?  do you ride 64mph on the freeway???  please don't ask to go on any rides with me.   (sheesh... some people)
« Last Edit: 09/03/10 10:26PM by Chris Motion »

Offline TwistedFingers

• VeRy vErY tWiStEd!
  • Banned
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • TwistedFingers's Gallery
  • Don't just dream! Realize it.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Yup!
  • Years Riding: With or without training wheels ?
« Reply #19 on: 09/03/10 10:07PM »
It's hard for CM to keep the bike slow because it's a powerful bike.  I'm sure he is just sharing his unfortunate info with the 4um so .... why preaching something that my 8th grader kid would go  :2:

yeah but i say it's pretty close to impossible to ride this bike 40mph and have the engine running healthy, no bogging, etc.  i would just have to stay in 1st the whole time!!

64 in 40 (wrote me for 64 in 45 - officer's preferred speed for the area)

.....basically you're saying you rode freeway speed on city streets....why be mad at the officer? sure it's a bitch to get a moving violation ticket, but think about it...you broke the law....i have no problem going 35 in 35 or 45 in 45....and neither should you nor any other sport biker for that fact....agree, if you'd traveled 40-45 in 40mph zone, there wouldn't be a need for OP.....just remember #1 cause for accidents is - speed! Slow down guys, especially during this holiday weekend.

Page created in 0.534 seconds with 49 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything