Topic: Some Thoughts and Moving Forward  (Read 8849 times)

Offline Check_M8

• Paul
  • 749cc
  • Check_M8's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CBR600 F2
  • Years Riding: 4 yrs
Re: Some Thoughts and Moving Forward
« Reply #40 on: 09/20/10 11:16AM »
Many of us participate in fundraising for people (usually kids for their sports teams) and never even think about it or question it, I view this the same: Team Frontboy needed help and his FRIENDS pulled together a raffleraiser which gave away some really cool stuff. If you wanted to win buy a ticket. If you felt you did not want to participate then you didn't buy the ticket. Nobody was charged a fee to buy the raffle items all were donated by his friends, no harm no foul. All this was organized again by his friends. I think we should all be so lucky to have friends like this.

I don't know Frontboy, but, it's up to me on whether or not to participate. I wasn't able to go to OGM for Bike nite so missed out on some cool stuff and helping out another OCMoto friend and i feel it was my loss.

Offline madmac66

• Lean Angles - A blog and podcast about life on two wheels
  • 998cc
  • madmac66's Gallery
  • Adam Mercado AKA "Limey Bastard"
    • View Profile
    • Lean Angles : Life On Two Wheels
  • Bike: 2002 Suzuki TL1000RK2
  • Years Riding: Since 1987
« Reply #41 on: 09/20/10 11:52AM »
This is a strict forum with lots of rules...
Doesn't seem that "strict" to me. Just respect the other members, their views and opinions and all is well.

Perfectly said. +1

And well put Dane. Thanks for the reminder to respect one another. I'm guilty of being inflammatory at times, and need to remain a positive club memeber rather than slip into negativity

cheers

Offline WOT Designs

• WOT DESIGNS - Design, CNC, Fab, Manufacturing
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • WOT Designs's Gallery
  • (rider formally known as PriddyShiddy)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Big Green City Bus aka CONNIE aka 98 Kawi Concourse
  • Years Riding: Since 1996. I'm busy - you do the math if you want
« Reply #42 on: 09/20/10 12:13PM »
I have made some VERY cool friends and met a lot of great riding buddies as well as learned a lot from ocmoto. I have gotten frustrated with some of the stupid people, but stupid people are everywhere. On the internet they are just louder cuz they can't get smacked, so all we can do is read what we like and ignore what we don't.

If it doesn't involve you, has nothing to do with you: let it go.  I have a HUGE mouth and didn't put my opinion on here because it doesn't matter.  Just let it go.

See u all at the noobie ride  :17:
MAKER OF OMNI-CRUISE! Truly adjustable UNIVERSAL Motorcycle Cruise Control / Throttle Lock. MADE IN AMERICA... Orange County to be exact.

www.omni-cruise.com
info@omni-cruise.com

PM for ocmoto.com discount

Offline Endl╚╔sss

« Reply #43 on: 09/20/10 01:24PM »
Golden rule: Please.... Treat others as you want to be treated ESPECIALLY on the internet.
Doing R&D? I can get you 6% of your R&D cost back from your taxes! KBKG.com // Tax Credits Ľ Incentives Ľ Cost Recovery

Offline Bigts848SF

• 749cc
  • Bigts848SF's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ducati Streetfighter 848 "yellow of course"
  • Years Riding: 3
« Reply #44 on: 09/20/10 05:42PM »
I was on vacation and missed all the fun  :'(

cbrrocket

« Reply #45 on: 09/20/10 07:07PM »
Hey, let's all ride down to the dock and wave good-bye to Freddie when he leaves. Life is so short, let's enjoy it while we're here. :D

Offline steeler-fan

« Reply #46 on: 09/20/10 08:25PM »
 :45:       Well said Check_m8. when did helping out someone become offensive? nobody held a gun to my head to buy tickets. Well done everybody for helping a freind.    :45:

To all the cager's that cut us off!!

Offline Bigts848SF

• 749cc
  • Bigts848SF's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ducati Streetfighter 848 "yellow of course"
  • Years Riding: 3
« Reply #47 on: 09/20/10 08:41PM »
:45:       Well said Check_m8. when did helping out someone become offensive? nobody held a gun to my head to buy tickets. Well done everybody for helping a freind.    :45:
It's because people are so easily butthurt. LOL

Offline shawndoh

« Reply #48 on: 09/20/10 10:18PM »
Hey, let's all ride down to the dock and wave good-bye to Freddie when he leaves. Life is so short, let's enjoy it while we're here. :D

as he transitions to Freddie No RideE    :D

Offline Pavel

« Reply #49 on: 09/20/10 11:47PM »
Ok.. I have no idea what happened but it sounds stupid.  Too many of you on here argue like a bunch of teenage girls. Makes me wanna go ride a harley. I just need to gain a few hundred pounds first.

Offline VFR Jim

• OCM Sweeper
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • VFR Jim's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800
  • Years Riding: 10
« Reply #50 on: 09/21/10 09:16AM »
Ok.. I have no idea what happened but it sounds stupid.  Too many of you on here argue like a bunch of teenage girls. Makes me wanna go ride a harley. I just need to gain a few hundred pounds first.

I got a bucket of ice cream here if you wanna get started....  ;)   lol j/k

Seriously tho, while there is stupid drama that happens way too often on the net, in this instance, there were legitimate differences of opinion on a very controversial topic. 

For you to say you "have no idea what happened" and in the same breath say "but it sounds stupid" is not real... oh what's the word... not "helpful" (though that's true, too).... hmm... let's just say "off base" (at least in the minds of a couple of hundred folks) and leave it at that.   :17:

Anyway, sometimes good things can come out of difficult situations, and it's looking more and more like this is one of those times.

(Which is great!  Cause now you'll be able to keep yer sport bike instead of trading it in for a Harley.  No offense to Harley riders of course.)

Jim

GO OC MOTO GO!

:42: :43: :44: :45: :46: :47: :48: :49: :50: :51:

:31:

« Last Edit: 09/21/10 09:21AM by VFR Jim »

T.O.

« Reply #51 on: 09/22/10 07:11AM »
So here is my thought...
You guys can do fundraisers for whatever you want... its up to the individual to decide if he/she wants to donate or not.
BTW I didnt like the comment about newcomers (which I am one),
OCMOTO will not be at the place that it is today without new members that join in, and made this into a BIG group of legit riders and people.

With that being said, I had a great time at Original Mike's ( and I did donate, I didnt even know the dude, and I have been a member for a month)  !!!

Offline pandaboy84

« Reply #52 on: 09/22/10 07:24AM »
As someone who has been around for some time before I joined, I was hesitant to go to bike nights because things on this forum seemed so wishy washy. Certain members were aloud to be honest and post things while others were smacked or booted for the exact same thing.

And even worse was the way "senior members" came off in their posts. But then I met a few guys at a starbucks, (some booted and some current) and decided to really give it a shot.

I will say that some people think way to much of this site ( I.e. that ocmoto is an industry standard ect...) but those are their opinions and I respect that. But that also. Does not mean that I will be given the same respect about my opinions.

Overall the site is useful. And makes for some interesting reads.

Offline ♠aшσl♠

« Reply #53 on: 09/22/10 09:36AM »
Well said Dane.

As far as people thinking this forum is strict...Just show some respect and use common sense..

Thundercat

« Reply #54 on: 09/22/10 03:44PM »

I will say that some people think way to much of this site ( I.e. that ocmoto is an industry standard ect...)

http://ocmoto.com/index.php?topic=18864.0

Look at this thread. This is why I feel so highly about OC Moto. Nothing that has happened since this day has swayed my unwavering respect for the dedicated volunteers on this forum. They came through for us when our closest friends didn't. I can never thank them enough for what they did.

This isn't the 'industry standard' but it is a highly used site by people in the industry. Please don't mix up my words. I say that because if you pay attention to who is signed on, some very popular and respected individuals post here, not to mention a lot of people who work in the motorcycle industry. That is why it's so important to not have 'troll' threads. Because if you need help, people will help you, but not if you've made an online career of 'slamming' them.

Regardless, things do get out of hand at times. And I'm just as guilty as anyone else. But I think people should be allowed to make mistakes. It seems that everyone on OC Moto is expected to be perfect all the time and that's not fair. And you shouldn't always assume you know everything about the situation too. People who get booted, per my understanding, have been creating problems for quite some time with no viable solution.

Things get out of hand at times, but as long as it's resolved, I think people should be forgiven for occasionally 'losing it.' We're not always going to agree on everything, but as long as we can move past it, OC Moto will be fine.

Don't forget that part of my job prevously was to scroll through internet forums to find information we could use. And among the hundreds of website forums I visited, OC Moto was the most respectable and 'tame.' On other forums, 'flaming' could on for 20 pages or more at times with no hint of a moderator anywhere. After having to visit all those websites, OC Moto was a breath of fresh air. 

Offline V-Twin

• 749cc
  • V-Twin's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: RC 51, Ducati 748, Road Star Warrior
  • Years Riding: 14
« Reply #55 on: 09/23/10 12:32PM »
Don't know what happened.....but this is a good site.
People need to know that they are not always 100% right.
People have opinions and we have the right to disagree, but we must remain civil.
If you don't like what someone has said, stop reading the post.

Offline Andy

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Andy's Gallery
  • God created Ducati to train the faithful.
    • View Profile
    • Two Slow OC
  • Bike: Ducati Monster
  • Years Riding: 9
« Reply #56 on: 09/24/10 07:25PM »
if you are here in the best interest of this group, want to make things better, want to be constructive... well we want those like minded people to be on the same page as one team. I would recommend anyone who feels this describes them to check out a new thing we just started called the Advisory Board.

QFE

We have a small group that is moving forward and will continue to contribute some great ideas and direction for OCMoto.  There isn't a lot of participation required, all we ask is that you do participate (no sitting on the sidelines) in the discussions and have a good attitude.

Offline wrecker

« Reply #57 on: 12/29/10 04:27PM »
test

Offline GreenGuy

« Reply #58 on: 04/14/11 04:15PM »
What happened?

Page created in 0.275 seconds with 61 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything