Topic: Triumph Daytona 675  (Read 5682 times)

Offline k_tran626

Re: Triumph Daytona 675
« Reply #20 on: 10/15/10 07:15PM »
I HAVE GREAT NEWS.

SO I got two buyers for my gsxer comming this weekend. WOOOO. hope they are not tire kickers.

FOUND a Triumph from the community. Awome guy with an awsom bike. So wish me luck. TARGET DATE OF GETTIN ON DAYTONA IS THE END OF THE MONTH. Hope this works out.

Im going to sleep extra early everynight just so the end of the month comes sooner.

Make sure you got cash in hand letting anyone test ride!  >:(
What's next..
[Sold] 2008 GSX-R 600
[Sold] 2002 RC51
[Gone] 2006 Cbr 1000RR
[Sold] 2006 Ninja 636
[Sold] 2005 R1
[Sold] 2003 Cbr 600rr
[Sold] 2008 Ninja 250r

Offline BOB

• Triumph Daytona
  • 599cc
  • BOB's Gallery
  • one is never enough
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Daytona 675
« Reply #21 on: 10/15/10 07:28PM »
Thanks for the heads up. LOL. I know i have been called stupid but im not an idiot. lol. I have heard nightmare stories like that so i fuggure I will learn the lesson from somone elses mistake.
DON'T ASK ME CUZ I DON'T KNOW.

Offline Andy

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Andy's Gallery
  • God created Ducati to train the faithful.
    • View Profile
    • Two Slow OC
  • Bike: Ducati Monster
  • Years Riding: 12
« Reply #22 on: 10/17/10 05:44PM »
Never knew dealerships. Had demos. Learn somthing new everyday.

it seems to be the exception, rather than the rule.  Before I had my bike, but had my M1, the guys at SoCal told me all I needed was m1 and insurance.  I was on crutches at the time so they didn't let me test it then, but probably hasn't changed.

Offline BOB

• Triumph Daytona
  • 599cc
  • BOB's Gallery
  • one is never enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10/24/10 09:26PM »
Its been a while since I posted n e thing on this three but I got news. Sold the gsxr yesterday and bought the 675 today. (Thanks to labluegsxr for selling me his ride) haven't gotten a chance to really test her out, but just the frwy ride home was awsome. I felt like wetting my panties. Really powerful for a lightweight. Changing gears is really smooth. Totally different feeling than my old gsxr. I can't Wait to take it to the canyons. Thanks for everones input. Ill post pics once it gets a bath.

Offline chan

• 749cc
  • chan's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2009 Daytona 675
  • Years Riding: Who counts?
« Reply #24 on: 10/25/10 11:28PM »
Its been a while since I posted n e thing on this three but I got news. Sold the gsxr yesterday and bought the 675 today. (Thanks to labluegsxr for selling me his ride) haven't gotten a chance to really test her out, but just the frwy ride home was awsome. I felt like wetting my panties. Really powerful for a lightweight. Changing gears is really smooth. Totally different feeling than my old gsxr. I can't Wait to take it to the canyons. Thanks for everones input. Ill post pics once it gets a bath.

That's odd, my only complaint on my D675 is the gearbox, it's really clunky compared to all the other middleweights.

Offline BOB

• Triumph Daytona
  • 599cc
  • BOB's Gallery
  • one is never enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10/26/10 12:28PM »
Can. It feels a lot better than my old gsxr.  Rode the trump again yesterday to get steel for the lean. At the 405 and toll133 loops. Steering gets kind of loose exiting the turns. I'm I doing somthing wrong or has neone else felt this. Thinking of putting a stabalizer on it. Any inputs?

Offline shawndoh

« Reply #26 on: 10/26/10 12:36PM »
did you check the tire pressure?

Offline plc675

• NooB
  • plc675's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 08 Triumph 675 (Black)
  • Years Riding: 20+
« Reply #27 on: 10/26/10 01:08PM »
On my 08 Daytona, I have changed out my factory steering stabilizer for Hyper Pro adjustable unit. Much improved after the swap, since I can adjust for more damping. However, most improvement came after I had Teague at Cycle Mall adjust the stock suspension. Planning to get the rear suspension unit swapped out eventually.

Offline BOB

• Triumph Daytona
  • 599cc
  • BOB's Gallery
  • one is never enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10/26/10 01:57PM »
yea right after. At 30 low on the front rear perfect. Can tire pressure make that much difference if it just a bit off.

Offline BOB

• Triumph Daytona
  • 599cc
  • BOB's Gallery
  • one is never enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10/26/10 01:59PM »
On my 08 Daytona, I have changed out my factory steering stabilizer for Hyper Pro adjustable unit. Much improved after the swap, since I can adjust for more damping. However, most improvement came after I had Teague at Cycle Mall adjust the stock suspension. Planning to get the rear suspension unit swapped out eventually.
any idea how much a stabilizer will set me back?

Offline shawndoh

« Reply #30 on: 10/26/10 02:31PM »
yea right after. At 30 low on the front rear perfect. Can tire pressure make that much difference if it just a bit off.

well probably not if it's your bike, but if your just getting used to a new one maybe. did tony adjust the suspension at all? if he has it siffened up, it may feel a bit twitchy to you. the Daytona is a very responsive bike, so my two cents is that before you buy stuff for it, just double check the settings and give yourself some time assess the bike for what it is.

also, if you have not checked it out already, triumph675.net has some very useful info.  :)

Offline BOB

• Triumph Daytona
  • 599cc
  • BOB's Gallery
  • one is never enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10/26/10 03:03PM »
Good point. Ill clock some miles in Jb anymore Mont comes out of my pocket. Let me know when you go out for a ride on the weekend. Haven't really meet up with anyone from the forum yet except Toni.

Offline shawndoh

« Reply #32 on: 10/26/10 03:40PM »
will do. it's gonna be a bit for me. i just turned mine in with some idle issues.

Offline plc675

• NooB
  • plc675's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 08 Triumph 675 (Black)
  • Years Riding: 20+
« Reply #33 on: 10/26/10 04:51PM »
any idea how much a stabilizer will set me back?
I got mine thru triumph675.net group buy. I think I paid around $350 with shipping. After installation, it helped somewhat in settle the bike thru turns. What worked most effectively is to soften the damping on the rear suspension, so it doesn't require front end to compensate for rear's harsh ride.

Offline Famou$

• Derrick (dee)
  • 749cc
  • Famou$'s Gallery
  • AAA Insurance Agent
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2007 GSXR 750
« Reply #34 on: 10/26/10 05:12PM »
try adjusting your suspension by a mechanic before you get a stabilizer and see how that goes.. i heard tige at cyclemall does wonders..

Offline chan

• 749cc
  • chan's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10/26/10 06:16PM »
Actually it's a known issue with the 06-08 models. On triumph675 someone in Australia made a rear suspension plate to correct the issue. Give the forum a search and I'm sure you'll find it.

Offline SuperSerg

• 599cc
  • SuperSerg's Gallery
  • LIVE FAST, DIE FUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10/26/10 10:04PM »
heres a question for all the D675 owners. where and how do you lock your helmet???
DUECES!

« Reply #37 on: 10/26/10 10:57PM »
heres a question for all the D675 owners. where and how do you lock your helmet??? wow gold

Offline chan

• 749cc
  • chan's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10/26/10 11:23PM »
heres a question for all the D675 owners. where and how do you lock your helmet??? wow gold

There is no helmet lock, seeing how easy it is to steal a helmet on bike in the first place I don't see why you'd use one.

Offline Superbike AKA Mr. Wiggles

« Reply #39 on: 10/26/10 11:38PM »

I once got my helmet strap cut with the buckle left on the bike. Not a good idea.

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 68 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook