Topic: Triumph Daytona 675  (Read 5685 times)

Offline SuperSerg

• 599cc
  • SuperSerg's Gallery
  • LIVE FAST, DIE FUN
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Daytona 675
Re: Triumph Daytona 675
« Reply #40 on: 10/26/10 11:46PM »
True. Just a pain to carry your helmet everywhere. I'd mainly use it at bike nights or something where I'll be within view but the D675 just didn't come with hooks for it.
DUECES!

Offline BOB

• Triumph Daytona
  • 599cc
  • BOB's Gallery
  • one is never enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10/27/10 08:08AM »
Lol I wondered the same thing when I got mine home. I found a couple triangular prices under the seat right size that could be a helmet hook that could be for the helmet. Check it out.
heres a question for all the D675 owners. where and how do you lock your helmet???
DON'T ASK ME CUZ I DON'T KNOW.

Offline BOB

• Triumph Daytona
  • 599cc
  • BOB's Gallery
  • one is never enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10/27/10 08:15AM »
Shaundo you have a power commander on yours
will do. it's gonna be a bit for me. i just turned mine in with some idle issues.

Offline BOB

• Triumph Daytona
  • 599cc
  • BOB's Gallery
  • one is never enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10/27/10 08:23AM »
heres a question for all the D675 owners. where and how do you lock your helmet??? wow gold

I once got my helmet strap cut with the buckle left on the bike. Not a good idea.
I spent a grip for my suomy extreem. Riding buddies are always riding me for varying my helmet around. I never leave it wih the bike unless I'm close by. It's expensive enough having a bike. It another thing to loose 5 bills to some desperate  asshole who can't buy his/her own shit

Offline The Cycle Guy

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • The Cycle Guy's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Daytona 675, DT-50
  • Years Riding: 40+
« Reply #44 on: 10/27/10 08:30AM »
heres a question for all the D675 owners. where and how do you lock your helmet??? wow gold

I once got my helmet strap cut with the buckle left on the bike. Not a good idea.
I spent a grip for my suomy extreem. Riding buddies are always riding me for varying my helmet around. I never leave it wih the bike unless I'm close by. It's expensive enough having a bike. It another thing to loose 5 bills to some desperate  asshole who can't buy his/her own shit
If I think I'm gonna want to leave my helmet with the bike, and it's out of sight (very rare) I'll bring a small cable lock.  With the helmet on the ground, the cable goes through the helmet and a wheel.  But usually I just bring the helmet with me.

chrisweir.com

« Reply #45 on: 10/27/10 08:32AM »
A lot of riders will get a small diameter coated cable to pass through helmet, jacket, etc, then use the helmet lock to secure the cable.  SUSPENSION:  the best mod you can make to your bike, TIGE of CYCLEMALL will be at the HOOTERS BIKE NIGHT next week 11/3 and he's setting up suspension for just $10!  Pro level suspension tuning for $10?  Unheard of.  Just one more reason to visit the Hooters bike night:  http://ocmoto.com/index.php?topic=34500.0

Offline BOB

• Triumph Daytona
  • 599cc
  • BOB's Gallery
  • one is never enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10/27/10 08:43AM »
A lot of riders will get a small diameter coated cable to pass through helmet, jacket, etc, then use the helmet lock to secure the cable.  SUSPENSION:  the best mod you can make to your bike, TIGE of CYCLEMALL will be at the HOOTERS BIKE NIGHT next week 11/3 and he's setting up suspension for just $10!  Pro level suspension tuning for $10?  Unheard of.  Just one more reason to visit the Hooters bike night:  http://ocmoto.com/index.php?topic=34500.0
10 bucks. That's killer. I'm taking the bike in for its 12.5 k maintenance this friday so I won't have it for a week.  Chris I am interested in getting to the track. I need help with info on how I go about getting the qualification, gear, bike set up, what inspection consist of. And cost. who or where do I go to get help. I'll post a topic. Reply there if you can find it

chrisweir.com

« Reply #47 on: 10/27/10 08:46AM »
Bob,

The OCMOTOracing team can help you.  We're more of a track club than a racing team, but we already painted the bikes so we're not changing names now.  Let's talk on the phone if you have a few minutes, I can get you up to speed much quicker that way.

10 bucks. That's killer. I'm taking the bike in for its 12.5 k maintenance this friday so I won't have it for a week.  Chris I am interested in getting to the track. I need help with info on how I go about getting the qualification, gear, bike set up, what inspection consist of. And cost. who or where do I go to get help. I'll post a topic. Reply there if you can find it

Offline shawndoh

« Reply #48 on: 10/27/10 09:25AM »
Shaundo you have a power commander on yours
will do. it's gonna be a bit for me. i just turned mine in with some idle issues.

Not a power commander. I do have a Bazzaz ZFI-TC unit. Fuel + traction control, dyno tuned. The traction control seems like overkill at least on the street, but the difference in throttle response is sublime.

Offline BOB

• Triumph Daytona
  • 599cc
  • BOB's Gallery
  • one is never enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10/27/10 11:16AM »
How does a traction controlling work

Offline shawndoh

« Reply #50 on: 10/27/10 11:46AM »
the technical answer to that is over my head, but at the very least it cuts power to keep you upright. if you were to apply full throttle when you should not, the tc is supposed to help limit the power you receive in order to keep you from crashing. basically.

Offline Superbike AKA Mr. Wiggles

« Reply #51 on: 10/27/10 12:27PM »
the technical answer to that is over my head, but at the very least it cuts power to keep you upright. if you were to apply full throttle when you should not, the tc is supposed to help limit the power you receive in order to keep you from crashing. basically.

I don't really know how the TC work for a bike but for MBZ (Benz), the computer will do all the work using modules & sensors. The computer reads all the data & in return applies brakes (for a car, which wheel needs the more braking) or throttle to give the car moving again with traction. Very good system for safety. Cars are even more complicated. (steering wheel angle sensors, airbag sensors, cruise control, etc, etc) Technology for cars are just so amazing & reliable nowadays.

Offline BOB

• Triumph Daytona
  • 599cc
  • BOB's Gallery
  • one is never enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 10/27/10 01:54PM »
Sounds expensive. Lol. Thanks for the clarification guys.

Offline unknown (formally known as MyMTS1200 My848)

« Reply #53 on: 10/27/10 02:32PM »
Sounds expensive. Lol. Thanks for the clarification guys.

I have Bazzaz TC on my 848...Bazzaz used my 848 to develop it for Ducati...
They used my 848 for all install & setup videos for Ducati...

Bazzaz doesn't use any sensors, this is why it is legal in AMA racing...
Each TC map is custom for each bike (engine/power)...Bazzaz TC needs lot more work to get it dial in then ones with sensors...
It has Sensitivity and Cut off time settings for each RPM cell and gear...
2018 Ducati SuperSport S
2013 Husqvarna TE449

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 52 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook