Topic: VERY DISAPOINTING lAST VISIT TO MOTORHELMETS TODAY  (Read 12360 times)

Offline Comp720

• I'm not always an assh*le... Just kidding go f*ck yourself.
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Comp720's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 02 Harley Road King, 2015 KTM 500EXC
  • Years Riding: 30
I have always found great deals at motorhelmets.  I have purchased my full suit, street and dirt boots, 3 helmets, gloves, body armor, skid plates hand guards and all kinds of accesories all totaling well over $2,500.  I have suggested many of my riding buddies to shop there countless times.  and today I am a very unsatisfied EX-customer. 

I ordered some hand guards from them at the end of Dec they said they would be there at the end of the week.  so I went in on Friday, they said that they werent there yet and they would be there on Monday.  So Monday I go in and they ordered the wrong ones.  So they said come back in a week.  well this time I waited 2 weeks because I was out of town.  I went in today and they had the correct guards but i had forgotten my reciept.  the new guy at the counter is a moron and doesn't know how to use the computer, and has no records of me paying for it.  The nice lady that normally helps me is gone till monday and they said i have to come back then.  I told them no that's rediculous and after about 30 minutes of them trying to find a record while i was on my lunch break i left with the parts and said I would fax my reciept.  I got back to my office faxed them the reciept then called to follow up.

The guy yelled at me for not prooving I had payed for it i told him to check his fax he said he would but i am no longer welcome in his store.  He obviously does not need my business so I guess he doesn't need anybody elses either.  I will never shop there again and I will never speak good of them again.  Please if you need something go to one of our sponsors instead.  He just lost a great customer over $35.00 that I had already paid a month ago.
« Last Edit: 01/28/11 01:20PM by Comp720 »
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well-preserved piece. One should rather skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride"!!!

Offline H-2 Charlie

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • H-2 Charlie's Gallery
  • THE BADDEST BIKE ON THE PLANET
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Beemer S1K
Re: VERY DISAPOINTING lAST VISIT TO MOTORHELMETS TODAY
« Reply #1 on: 01/28/11 01:34PM »
    I  like the deals i get there ... ruben has always ben extra fair with me and i only deal with him on prices ....
MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

Offline Comp720

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Comp720's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01/28/11 01:37PM »
Ruben has always been good to me and if he had been there it probably wouldn't have been an issue but since he is gone they don't know what there doing.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well-preserved piece. One should rather skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride"!!!

kingkong5

« Reply #3 on: 01/28/11 01:41PM »
I usually bring my receipt when I come to pick up items that have been pre- or special ordered. I can understand that you forgot your receipt when you arrived, and that the new guy working the counter was not able to find the record of your purchase.

If I arrived without a receipt, and the salesperson helping me can't find proof of my purchase, nor do they remember me purchasing it, I would be very surprised if they just let me walk out of the store with the merchandise based purely on my word that I had paid for it. That's what the receipt is for, isn't it? To prove that I paid for it? And if I hightailed it out of the store with my five fingered discount, basically saying screw you new guy, I'll fax you the receipt but I'm walking out of here with my stuff now, I'd expect some choice words from him if I talked to him again. Wouldn't the more correct procedure be to go back to the office, get my receipt, then come back to claim my goods?

I can understand your frustration with their sales process. I can also understand that perhaps their inventory and sales system should be better maintained so that anyone can look up pre- and special orders. I don't know why they don't have a better sales system, although I do know that good ones cost money to buy, and money to maintain, so perhaps they are using the one that works best for them? If I owned a retail store, I'd be pretty upset if my employee just gave merchandise away to whomever walked in and claimed that they had already paid for it with no receipt and without being able to verify it on the computer system. YMMV, of course.

Offline FreeDaze

« Reply #4 on: 01/28/11 01:48PM »
was the guy who yelled at you the "new" guy or another person?

Offline Comp720

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Comp720's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01/28/11 01:50PM »
The problem is i needed the handguards today because i'm going to the desert tonight but need to go by another shop to get my tire before I leave.  Like i said this was my lunch break so i didn't have time to go back today.  plus i should have had these 3 weeks ago but they ordered the wrong ones.  plus they were not there the day the initially said they would be.  thats four trips there already I didn't want to make it 5.  I paid for it they were mine there is no five finger discount on something I already paid for.

Offline Comp720

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Comp720's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01/28/11 01:51PM »
Supposedly the owner.

kingkong5

« Reply #7 on: 01/28/11 01:54PM »
I paid for it they were mine there is no five finger discount on something I already paid for.

I did not mean to imply that you are a thief, I meant that in the eyes of the salesperson, who never met you, wasn't there to take your order, sees that you have no receipt, and is unable to find proof of your purchase on the computer, he might see you walking out with the stuff while saying "i'll fax you the receipt later" as a five fingered discount. Of course, the facts are that you did pay for it and were in the right.

kingkong5

« Reply #8 on: 01/28/11 01:57PM »
The only thing that I typically pre-order and pay for are trays of eggrolls and fried rice for parties, and special order birthday cakes. I know what happens if I show up to pick up food without a receipt. I walk away with nothing, and have to go back home to get the receipt. But mostly that's because their order systems are not computerized, so the handwritten paper receipt is the only record of sale.

Offline Comp720

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Comp720's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01/28/11 01:58PM »
He actually did see me the day i originally bought the stuff was his first day that's how i know he is new.  on that day i asked him for help and he said sorry I don't know it's my first day.  i even brought that up to him and said look in the computer on that day it should show in the system that i bought it.  I told him exactly everything i bought that day.

KMW Steve

« Reply #10 on: 01/28/11 02:03PM »
I usually bring my receipt when I come to pick up items that have been pre- or special ordered. I can understand that you forgot your receipt when you arrived, and that the new guy working the counter was not able to find the record of your purchase.

If I arrived without a receipt, and the salesperson helping me can't find proof of my purchase, nor do they remember me purchasing it, I would be very surprised if they just let me walk out of the store with the merchandise based purely on my word that I had paid for it. That's what the receipt is for, isn't it? To prove that I paid for it? And if I hightailed it out of the store with my five fingered discount, basically saying screw you new guy, I'll fax you the receipt but I'm walking out of here with my stuff now, I'd expect some choice words from him if I talked to him again. Wouldn't the more correct procedure be to go back to the office, get my receipt, then come back to claim my goods?

I can understand your frustration with their sales process. I can also understand that perhaps their inventory and sales system should be better maintained so that anyone can look up pre- and special orders. I don't know why they don't have a better sales system, although I do know that good ones cost money to buy, and money to maintain, so perhaps they are using the one that works best for them? If I owned a retail store, I'd be pretty upset if my employee just gave merchandise away to whomever walked in and claimed that they had already paid for it with no receipt and without being able to verify it on the computer system. YMMV, of course.

I've never shopped there but it sounds like any special order is "pre-paid" before they order it.  

If that is their policy, they know that the parts were paid for and there was no reason for the sales person/owner who spoke with Comp720 on the phone to get nasty and ban him from the store.  Comp720 even went so far as to fax the receipt to them to show proof.

Pretty rude especially when they have no means, or the person at the store when Comp720 went in does not know how to look up past orders.

IMO that is just bad for business......  

Offline TheChad

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • TheChad's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2002 CBR954RR, 2011 ZX10R
  • Years Riding: A long time
« Reply #11 on: 01/28/11 02:05PM »
Plenty of other businesses that will want your cash, if this company cant handle the transactions in a reasonable manner. Thats quite a few screw ups to tolerate, along with piss poor customer service. Too many companies hurting out there, to reward bad service.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnVMzmbvtfI

There you go, givin a f*ck when it ain't your turn to give a f*ck.

Offline Comp720

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Comp720's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01/28/11 02:07PM »
Thanks guys i'm glad some people understand.  and your right they MADE me pre pay before they would order sooooo why wouldn't it have been paid for?????????????????????????????????

kingkong5

« Reply #13 on: 01/28/11 02:07PM »
He actually did see me the day i originally bought the stuff was his first day that's how i know he is new.  on that day i asked him for help and he said sorry I don't know it's my first day.  i even brought that up to him and said look in the computer on that day it should show in the system that i bought it.  I told him exactly everything i bought that day.

OK, I changed my mind. I now agree with you. That's a terrible way to run a shop. The employee lacks the skills to do his job if he can't look up a pre-order on the computer in lieu of a receipt, plus if he was there when you bought other stuff he should remember you. And if the owner defends his lackadaisical employee's story over the customer, well, I hope he's prepared for the big drop in sales.

Offline mxracer95

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • mxracer95's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Impact Racing
  • Bike: GSXR 750, R6, YZ-125, KTM 530 EXC
  • Years Riding: 20+
« Reply #14 on: 01/28/11 02:50PM »
Few lessons you hopefully learned...

1) Always call ahead. The motorcycle parts supply chain is not as reliable as other industries.  Sometimes it takes more (or less) time for a part to arrive than what is expected.

2) Humans make mistakes. Sometimes the wrong part gets ordered. Sometimes the supplier send the wrong item. After spending some time behind the counter, you learn just how confusing some of the catalogs can be.

3) Don't hate on a new guy for being new.  I'm sure you were new at a job once or twice and didn't know what the hell you were doing.

4) In the weeks since you placed the order, you had only that one transaction with them to remember.  They may have had many hundreds of customers and transaction in that time. Do you really expect them to remember every conversation and transaction details they have with every customer?

5) I don't know if this is what happened, but I would assume you got a little... testy with them? Maybe raised your voice? Used profanity? Made threats? If any of that happened, even if the store totally screwed everything up, I'd ask you not to come back again also.  Even incompetitent people need to be treated with a certain respect.
- 2013 GSX-R750 Commuter
- 2013 GSX-R750 Stunt bike
- 2013 GSX-R750 Cannonball bike
- 2012 GSX-R750 [have you seen me? :(  ]
- 2014 YZF-R6 (MotoAmerica/WERA #195) - Race Bike
- 2014 YZF-R6 AMA Club race bike
- 2009 KTM 530 EXC - Supermoto
- 2004 YZ 125 (#95)

Offline Dan

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Dan's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 01 CBR 929RR
  • Years Riding: Since 04'
« Reply #15 on: 01/28/11 02:53PM »
you should probably talk to ruben about what happened.....see what he says

Offline Comp720

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Comp720's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01/28/11 02:55PM »
No actually i didn't raise my voice at all I made no threats no profanity, nothing, all I did was said i'm going to take these now and i'll fax you a copy of the receipt when I get back to the office and then I left.  I was very polite with him on the phone too until he started being a dick then said I wasn't welcomed back in his shop so i just said ok and hung up.

Offline Comp720

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Comp720's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01/28/11 02:56PM »
I was hoping he would see this and maybe he would comment is he on here?

kingkong5

« Reply #18 on: 01/28/11 03:00PM »
It's most likely moot, but when you said "I'm going to take these with me now, and I'll fax you the receipt when I get back to my office" did you wait for the salesperson to give you approval on that plan of action, or were you just making a statement and weren't waiting for a response as you left?

Offline Dan

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Dan's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 01 CBR 929RR
  • Years Riding: Since 04'
« Reply #19 on: 01/28/11 03:01PM »
no idea......i was introduced to this shop and ruben in particular maybe about a week ago. never knew about them before that. he was pretty cool. one of my riding buddies out in LA told me i could get a battery for my bike for about 50 bucks from there and i needed one bad. i called him and he quoted me 60 bucks. i was like whatever, close enough. i mentioned that my buddy said something about a 50 dollar special but i said 10 bucks would not be a problem. when i got there he rung me up for 50 bucks without saying anything. so i thought that was pretty cool.

Page created in 0.448 seconds with 57 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook