Topic: Buell 1125CR Upgrades  (Read 4837 times)

Offline freezerburn

Buell 1125CR Upgrades
« on: 04/14/11 09:19AM »
 Hey Buell riders I will be installing a Aluminum Barker Exhaust cuts down weight from 21lbs stock to 6 lbs.  Also an ECM from Erik Buell Racing tuned specifically for the Barker Exhaust. 
American Sportbike did an exhaust shootout that pinned the Barker as a top performer for weight,  power and price.  Typically 1125's bone stock at the rear wheel offer around 120 to 125hp at the rear wheel.  A Barker tuned Exhaust can see 137rwhp. 

*Update:  Finally completed the install just waiting for header gasket maker to dry.  Next step in a few days is the ECM install designed for this pipe.  Pics are up in the gallery.  Total weight of exhaust setup came in at 6.4lbs the stock exhaust was close to 22lbs. 15lb. savings.
« Last Edit: 04/16/11 10:25AM by freezerburn »
I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they dreamed of.  So they see that it is not the answer.

Offline freezerburn

Re: Buell 1125CR Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: 04/16/11 10:26AM »
bump.
I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they dreamed of.  So they see that it is not the answer.

southlandjoe

« Reply #2 on: 04/16/11 07:06PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cRFX-iNGb2s?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cRFX-iNGb2s?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Sounds friggin badass

Offline prophet

• the fastest buell ever
  • 599cc
  • prophet's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • photobucket
  • Bike: 2009 Buell 1125R
  • Years Riding: 7
« Reply #3 on: 04/16/11 07:13PM »
I believe I am the only other buell owner/rider here. I like that system looks good. Any sound? My 1125R has a stock exhaust but it's gutted, pretty nice thump to it. What else have you done or plan on doing?
I refuse to navigate carefuly through life, only to arrive safely at death!

Offline prophet

• the fastest buell ever
  • 599cc
  • prophet's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • photobucket
  • Bike: 2009 Buell 1125R
  • Years Riding: 7
« Reply #4 on: 04/16/11 07:13PM »
Nevermind, you just put a video.
I refuse to navigate carefuly through life, only to arrive safely at death!

agustin

« Reply #5 on: 04/16/11 07:41PM »
I especially like the Droid touch at :54, give the bike that different sound.

Offline freezerburn

« Reply #6 on: 04/23/11 11:26AM »
I believe I am the only other buell owner/rider here. I like that system looks good. Any sound? My 1125R has a stock exhaust but it's gutted, pretty nice thump to it. What else have you done or plan on doing?

Not too much more I think I am good just need to get my suspension dialed in again.  Cutting the 15lbs I am getting a little shimmy when I hit triple digits.  Its not bad but noticeable.  This Exhaust is mean it might be too mean for the street.  I have heard just about every exhaust for the 1125 and the decibal ratings are all over 100.  This Barker is extremely light.  I will see how long the packing holds up.  Had to throw on some Permatex ultra copper on the headers for a good seal.  Slip fit was not bad but got a slight leak.  All in all I am pleased thinking about getting the quiet core.  Hopefully I dont get pulled over for this pipe. 

Did you get the EBR ECM for your stocker?  It makes the bike run like its suppose to. EBR will also recaliberate if you decide to get an aftermarket exhaust.
« Last Edit: 04/23/11 11:32AM by freezerburn »

agustin

« Reply #7 on: 04/23/11 12:27PM »
FWIW, keep the rpm's low in the city and you should be o.k. I have a Racefit Growler sidemount on my bike, talk about loud, and have yet to be pulled over (knock on wood).

Offline Captain America

« Reply #8 on: 05/05/11 10:50PM »
Your not the only 1125 Rider!

I'm on BadWeb all the time.... Same name.

Offline motodude

• NooB
  • motodude's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Buell CR1125, Kawasaki H2, Suzuki Gladius, Yamaha XS1
  • Years Riding: 37
« Reply #9 on: 06/10/11 07:10PM »
I ride an 1125CR as well.  All stock.  Would like to get the Drummer exhaust but it's $$$$

Offline justaguy

• PROSPECTS MC
  • 749cc
  • justaguy's Gallery
  • ride like you're invisible
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CBR250, RSV4
  • Years Riding: 30+
« Reply #10 on: 11/02/11 09:41AM »

Hey Prophet- how did you gut the stock exhaust?  I have '09 R - I don't like the look of aftermarket ones- they never match the lines of the bike
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." -Aldous Huxley

"Don't give me Liberty, I'll get up and get it myself" -unknown

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 44 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything