Topic: Bug??  (Read 1143 times)

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
  • Proud member of the loose screw crew!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '07Ducati Monster 695 Dark, '04 Ducati Supersport 800 Streetfighter, '07 CBR1000RR (project),'07 Duc
  • Years Riding: lots
Bug??
« on: 04/20/11 10:23AM »
When I go to edit a post or to the advanced edit of a reply (forum or PM), once the text has gone beyond the bottom of the screen, every character I type will cause the window to jump to the top and the text I'm working on is dropped below the visible window, and I need to scroll to the text to see what I typed. New character, right back to the top again. I've tried using the side scroll bar and page down, but it always pops back to the top.

Ideas?
If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.  - Winston Churchill

Offline Dane

• Sparky
  • Administrator
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Dane's Gallery
  • a.k.a. A11214576266
    • View Profile
    • www.ocmoto.com
  • Bike: '07 R1, '02 YZ426
  • Years Riding: 12.04
Re: Bug??
« Reply #1 on: 04/20/11 10:27AM »
What browser are you using?

In Chrome I can't seem to replicate this.

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '07Ducati Monster 695 Dark, '04 Ducati Supersport 800 Streetfighter, '07 CBR1000RR (project),'07 Duc
« Reply #2 on: 04/20/11 10:29AM »
IE 8.0
If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.  - Winston Churchill

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04/20/11 10:35AM »
Doesn't seem to do it on my android opera mini either, but opear is buggy anyway

Offline Blinker

• OCM Sweeper
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Blinker's Gallery
  • aka Lea (rhymes with 'tea')
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2008 Yamaha FZ6, 1989 Honda CB-1
« Reply #4 on: 04/20/11 11:01AM »
I saw the same thing on IE8...

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04/20/11 11:06AM »
I saw the same thing on IE8...

Then I'm NOT crazy. About that anyway....

Offline brl0301

« Reply #6 on: 04/20/11 04:13PM »
Does the same thing to me on IE8

Offline The Cable Guy

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • The Cable Guy's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Rider Blog
  • Bike: 2007 GSXR 600 Carbon
  • Years Riding: Since Apr. 2010
« Reply #7 on: 04/20/11 06:42PM »
I think the problem is more along the lines of actually USING IE8. Solution? Use a different browser. Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc. Take your pick.

IE8 seems to have the most vulnerabilities to browser based viruses and attacks.

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04/20/11 07:18PM »
I think the problem is more along the lines of actually USING IE8. Solution? Use a different browser. Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc. Take your pick.

IE8 seems to have the most vulnerabilities to browser based viruses and attacks.

Can't. Work computer and it's locked down pretty tight.

Offline The Cable Guy

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • The Cable Guy's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Rider Blog
  • Bike: 2007 GSXR 600 Carbon
  • Years Riding: Since Apr. 2010
« Reply #9 on: 04/20/11 07:20PM »

I know what you mean. So many people at work get viruses on the workstations because they use IE, even though we've recently installed firefox due to all the viruses we've been getting from IE. Habits I guess.

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04/20/11 07:21PM »

I know what you mean. So many people at work get viruses on the workstations because they use IE, even though we've recently installed firefox due to all the viruses we've been getting from IE. Habits I guess.

More of a "no non-standard software" since the company has people all over the planet.

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 50 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook