Topic: Hd locks up NHRA pro stock title  (Read 1174 times)

Offline notabiker

Hd locks up NHRA pro stock title
« on: 11/14/11 02:22PM »
that would be cool except NHRA are whores for sponsor money. HD is a sponsor of NHRA so they made the rules up so HD can win races.  the HD engine size is huge compared to the SUZUKI. i respect what V&H has done with a V TWIN. i used to race NHRA back in the 70s and they played favor  to what brand they wanted to win. example john force wanted to build a ford engine for his ford sponsored funny car and NHRA sain NO. WTF it is a all out nitro class. why not let ford use their own engine. something going on their behind closed doors. :26:

Offline Brontobike

Re: Hd locks up NHRA pro stock title
« Reply #1 on: 11/30/11 11:46AM »
Pretty much 'nuff said.
If you love your bike, die for it.

Offline tehrawr

• paradox
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • tehrawr's Gallery
  • invisibility is a relative thing
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 S2R1K : GSXR600K8 : 2004 Zuma 70 : 07' ex250 [sold]
  • Years Riding: since aug.2007
Re: Hd locks up NHRA pro stock title
« Reply #2 on: 11/30/11 01:47PM »
???  it's not just the NHRA doing this.

2010 PSM champion - LE tonglet rides :44:
2009 PSM champion - Hector Arana rides :47: [which you could argue is h-d, er was]

finding a level playing field whereby twins can fairly compete with i-4's is not easy ground to find, just ask the rules governance overseers in WSBK.  a twin won that series this year too.

iirc, last year the screaming eagles' were hit with additional weight based on race wins.  even adding 40-60 lbs didn't stop eddie kraewic and andrew hines from remaining a viable threat, though neither won the season championship. if this year they took the weight restrictions off, that might explain why eddie won, aside from being a super talented drag racer with excellent reaction times.

name me a nationally televised racing series that isn't reliant upon sponsor money. 

nhra full throttle drag racing series
monster energy supercross
the sprint/nationwide/camping world series
american le mans presented by patron
izod indycar

or individual races.

red bull united states grand prix [mazda raceway laguna seca]
red bull indianapolis grand prix

how about the reason for the 990cc -> 800cc transition, powered by honda.  or how dorna really wants a spanish motogp champion, and that factory works honda is sponsored by repsol, a spanish petrochemical company.

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 34 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything