Topic: 08 1000rr crg or vortex rearsets for track?  (Read 853 times)

Offline Jason1000

08 1000rr crg or vortex rearsets for track?
« on: 04/19/12 11:14AM »
Hi everyone. A friend of mine got a set of mint CRG rearsets he would sell to me for 350. Great savings as they are 600 new. I was kinda stuck on vortex or even possibly woodcraft. What I am looking for is better grip than stock, a bit higher than stock, crashes better, and possibly even help the frame sliders with protecting the bike. Please lemme know your thoughts.

oldman

Re: 08 1000rr crg or vortex rearsets for track?
« Reply #1 on: 04/19/12 04:47PM »
 :43: Hey Jason, I have Vortex. They grip VERY well, and they are long so you have good leverage. I can only compare them to my stock pegs, I wouldn't know about the other ones. When I went down at Buttonwillow the right peg really saved the bike. It got ground down nearly halfway, but it gave me enough peg to finish the last 3 sessions! Sliders would have been nice to keep the fairing from getting scratched. Even though it is scratched, it still rides the same??? :27:

Offline triplestack3

« Reply #2 on: 04/19/12 06:41PM »
Hi everyone. A friend of mine got a set of mint CRG rearsets he would sell to me for 350. Great savings as they are 600 new. I was kinda stuck on vortex or even possibly woodcraft. What I am looking for is better grip than stock, a bit higher than stock, crashes better, and possibly even help the frame sliders with protecting the bike. Please lemme know your thoughts.
the CRG rearsets are way nice

that being said, good luck getting replacement parts if you crash. usually people at the track will have an extra vortex peg or two that fits. for track, just go cheap and easy to replace since it's a "high wear environment"

Offline -KENNETH-

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • -KENNETH-'s Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 FZ-10
  • Years Riding: since '06
« Reply #3 on: 04/19/12 07:22PM »
yea, vortex is very common.  so parts might be cheaper and easier to find. the pegs r almost universal. i have vortex and almost no damage when i went down
ive actually never seen crg rearsets. they look nice though. i dont like that they have such a small heel guard 

Offline modog

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • modog's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Suzuki GSXR 750
  • Years Riding: 10+
« Reply #4 on: 04/19/12 09:04PM »
Another one here for Vortex. I got mine from Triplestack. Love the grip they give. Never had an issue with them, and never went down with them at the track, so I can't speak on the crash test.

Offline Jason1000

« Reply #5 on: 04/20/12 09:06AM »
Thank you everyone for your inputs. I purchased Vortex rearsets last night.

Offline Jason1000

« Reply #6 on: 04/20/12 09:06AM »
Thank you oldman. Good looking out.
:43: Hey Jason, I have Vortex. They grip VERY well, and they are long so you have good leverage. I can only compare them to my stock pegs, I wouldn't know about the other ones. When I went down at Buttonwillow the right peg really saved the bike. It got ground down nearly halfway, but it gave me enough peg to finish the last 3 sessions! Sliders would have been nice to keep the fairing from getting scratched. Even though it is scratched, it still rides the same??? :27:

oldman

« Reply #7 on: 04/20/12 10:44AM »
You know that we won't believe you got Vortex until we see the pictures!!! :26:

Offline Jason1000

« Reply #8 on: 05/05/12 12:18AM »
got to use them last Sunday. Love the grip. My feet are stuck on there no matter what. I also have much better clearance now. Definately recommend Vortex for track. I'll get detailed rearset photos when it's light out. :-) 

You know that we won't believe you got Vortex until we see the pictures!!! :26:

Offline venomenon83

« Reply #9 on: 05/05/12 12:33PM »
ooo man, I wish I would've seen it sooner... i have vortex on my cbr and it chewed the shTT out of the sole of my boots. Idk bout the crg but that reasets looks preety tits too ...

Offline Jason1000

« Reply #10 on: 05/05/12 02:08PM »
Heard the same, but figured it is the price for grip. Also, made my mind as most people at track use vortex. And compared to CRG, I think these maybe better in case of a crash. Thank you for the review.
ooo man, I wish I would've seen it sooner... i have vortex on my cbr and it chewed the shTT out of the sole of my boots. Idk bout the crg but that reasets looks preety tits too ...

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 41 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything