• レボルバ ワリオ
  • 749cc
  • ARc's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250F
  • Years Riding: Since 2009
Shoei Qwest
« on: 07/26/12 09:35PM »
So I'm thinking about retiring my RF-1000 soon, and was looking for a replacement. I currently ride a SV650N, and was taking a look at the Qwest because Shoei advertises it as designed for a more upright riding position.

Can anyone who owns this helmet provide feedback regarding how they like it? webbikeworld touts it as their 2010 Helmet of the Year, and I was wondering if I could get the opinion of my friends on OCmoto. Looking specifically for ventilation and overall noise levels.
行くぞう、英雄王。武器の貯蔵は充分か

Offline The Stig

Re: Shoei Qwest
« Reply #1 on: 07/26/12 10:25PM »
I bought one a few months ago and generally I really like it. My previous helmet was an Arai Quantum II.

Pros:
lightweight
comfortable fit and plush lining
very quiet when the vents are closed
visor is very easy to operate and change out
chatterbox installation was a breeze
good visibility

Cons:
Shape causes drag if you turn your head
inner pads not fully removable
fairly noisy when fully vented
tends to fog up easily

Overall impression:
It's a very good touring helmet, even more so when you consider the price. I still have my Arai for track use but for daily use I really like it. If Arai hadn't discontinued the Quantum II I'd have bought another but I've really enjoyed the comfort of the Qwest. One note of advice, since the inner pads are not fully removable spend an extra $10 on a thin balaclava that you can wear with the helmet. It will greatly extend the life of the inner pads and I've found helps with the overall fit.
Owning a liter bike is like owning a pet tiger. If you know it's a tiger and you treat it like it's a tiger you'll probably be OK. If you start treating it like a house cat then it will likely maul you, possibly to death.

Offline fufusam

« Reply #2 on: 07/26/12 11:55PM »
I've been wearing the Qwest for about 4 months now and I ride a SV650 as well.  I commute 20 miles each way to work daily.  I would say it is a good helmet except for the noise level.  Compare to my old Scorpion helment it is considerably louder at highway speed. This may be due to riding a naked bike as it was intended for touring bike use.  You will need to wear ear plugs.  Also it does tend to fog up. You will need to apply some anti-fog to your visor.  Other than these two issues, I'm fairly satisfied. If I had do it again, I would probably go with the X12 or rf-1100.

Offline NixTheWiz

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • NixTheWiz's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Triumph Street Triple
  • Years Riding: 3
« Reply #3 on: 07/26/12 11:56PM »
I have one and it's real nice. Very quiet. The only issue is that it fogs up a lot. Prepare to crack your faceshield open at every stop.
I could never love anyone like I love the road, because what I found on the road was myself.

Offline ARc

• レボルバ ワリオ
  • 749cc
  • ARc's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07/28/12 08:04AM »
Thanks for your thoughts guys. Hopefully getting the pinlock visors and chin curtain will help with fog and noise.

Sent from my HTC Sensation
行くぞう、英雄王。武器の貯蔵は充分か

scott777

« Reply #5 on: 07/28/12 11:49AM »
I bought my rf11 a few months back and was really going back and forth between it and the Quest. I'm sure you'll like it. I heard nothing but great things. I just wanted to tell you, go to Chapperell... And I do mean actually GO TO the store. The sell Shoei cheap!!! They can't put their prices online because of some Shoei rule. My rf1100 was UNDER $350; everyone else was over $500. The Quest (if memory serves me) was around $300. Good luck

Ps. My rf fogs up too.
« Last Edit: 07/28/12 11:50AM by scott »

Offline ARc

• レボルバ ワリオ
  • 749cc
  • ARc's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07/28/12 07:11PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I've heard stories about Chaparral, and I think I might end up going there after I get my next paycheck.
行くぞう、英雄王。武器の貯蔵は充分か

Offline H-2 Charlie

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • H-2 Charlie's Gallery
  • THE BADDEST BIKE ON THE PLANET
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Beemer S1K
« Reply #7 on: 08/12/12 11:47PM »
Great helmets to see here one is even 4000 bucks  and the knox gloves are the best i have ever seen  .http://www.topgearsuperstore.com/buy-by-brand/arai-crash-helmets/arai-rx7-rc-motorcycle-
« Last Edit: 08/13/12 12:07AM by H-2 Charlie »
MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 43 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything