Topic: Has anybody fought a 22348(b) violation with TBD and won?  (Read 6950 times)

Offline NixTheWiz

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • NixTheWiz's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Triumph Street Triple
  • Years Riding: 3
Whatch it now, You can not believe how many KNUCKLEHEADS ride thru this city every day. Been riding in this city for 30 years and had one ticket for loud pipes in 86, Its all how you conduct yourself!!!

Yep, just got back from Palm Springs and as soon as I came into Orange County I got BUZZED by a SQUID.

I hate it when I'm doing 5 above on the freeways and a squid buzzes me doing 100+. They always seem to prefer to buzz people instead of using the other open lanes for some reason.
I could never love anyone like I love the road, because what I found on the road was myself.

Offline ThrillQuest

Whatch it now, You can not believe how many KNUCKLEHEADS ride thru this city every day. Been riding in this city for 30 years and had one ticket for loud pipes in 86, Its all how you conduct yourself!!!

Yep, just got back from Palm Springs and as soon as I came into Orange County I got BUZZED by a SQUID.

I hate it when I'm doing 5 above on the freeways and a squid buzzes me doing 100+. They always seem to prefer to buzz people instead of using the other open lanes for some reason.

If you're going 5 above on most freeways, you don't belong in the fast lane.  Most freeways are a constant 85+ whenever I'm on them in Orange County.  Only gets bad going toward LA on the 5 or toward Riverside on the 91.  Otherwise I've not experienced a bad jam.  But then again, I'm behind a computer desk between 9 and 5 and behind a student's desk between 6 and 9 most days.
The speedometer only serves as a distraction.
Sometimes life just isn't fair. Expecting life to treat you well because you're a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you're vegetarian.

Offline NixTheWiz

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • NixTheWiz's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Triumph Street Triple
  • Years Riding: 3

If you're going 5 above on most freeways, you don't belong in the fast lane.  Most freeways are a constant 85+ whenever I'm on them in Orange County.  Only gets bad going toward LA on the 5 or toward Riverside on the 91.  Otherwise I've not experienced a bad jam.  But then again, I'm behind a computer desk between 9 and 5 and behind a student's desk between 6 and 9 most days.
I meant to say 5 above other cars (which are doing around 80ish). No way I'm doing 70 in the car pool lane and holding up traffic.
I could never love anyone like I love the road, because what I found on the road was myself.

Offline ThrillQuest

Oh, yeah.  I usually stay at 10 faster than traffic.  I try not to go more than 15 faster when passing, that's a big red flag to the popo.
The speedometer only serves as a distraction.
Sometimes life just isn't fair. Expecting life to treat you well because you're a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you're vegetarian.

Offline mxracer95

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • mxracer95's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Impact Racing
  • Bike: GSXR 750, R6, YZ-125, KTM 530 EXC
  • Years Riding: 20+
For a 100+ ticket, best to use a lawyer. But if it does make it's way to trial, you have to discredit the accuracy of his speed measurement. Most likely he paced you but pacing is only accurate if he's pretty close behind you going exactly the same speed for 5 seconds. Pretty unusual. Normally they just see you going fast and say it's xx(x) speed but don't do a proper pace. And he has to show that his speedometer was accurate and tested within a certain amount of time, etc. Lots of ways to win ANY ticket.

Like kingchickenstrip mentioned, your ticket was for exceeding 100mph. All you have to do is provide reasonable doubt that you were going under 100. The judge can't change you charge to simply exceeding 65 (unless you agree to it) so you only have to prove that what you were charged with is likely wrong.

Nevertheless, slow down!
- 2013 GSX-R750 Commuter
- 2013 GSX-R750 Stunt bike
- 2013 GSX-R750 Cannonball bike
- 2012 GSX-R750 [have you seen me? :(  ]
- 2014 YZF-R6 (MotoAmerica/WERA #195) - Race Bike
- 2014 YZF-R6 AMA Club race bike
- 2009 KTM 530 EXC - Supermoto
- 2004 YZ 125 (#95)

Offline fotoman

• 998cc
  • fotoman's Gallery
  • My Fireblade
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1998 Honda 900RR
  • Years Riding: 43 years

You are soooo right. Man, he had plenty of room in the next lane. Thank Ja, that I'm always watching my rear view mirror.

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 40 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook