Topic: ACT Racing - Gloves!  (Read 3252 times)

Offline chadbaldwin

• The (hanging) Chad
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • chadbaldwin's Gallery
  • Ortega Junkie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Triumph Daytona 675R; 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R Frankenbike; 2015 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R
  • Years Riding: yes
ACT Racing - Gloves!
« on: 11/18/12 11:06AM »
These things are awesome, HIGHLY recommended!! :)

Hand made/stitched, Kangaroo leather and Stingray skin sliders. How awesome is that??

They're extremely comfortable and quick to break-in. After wearing them the first day, they're already feeling pretty good. These things blow the AlpineStar GP Pros out of the friggen water. This is the same company I got my custom suit from and I loved the suit, so I figured I'd give the gloves a shot.

Link to their site: http://actracing.com

Give Andy a call and he'll hook you up. Let him know Chad sent you.

« Last Edit: 11/18/12 11:10AM by chadbaldwin »

Offline TheRoadRunner

Re: ACT Racing - Gloves!
« Reply #1 on: 11/18/12 12:31PM »
what's a "hook up" price?

Offline Spyke★L

• Rock-N-Rolla
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Spyke★L's Gallery
  • Your friendly neighborhood Street Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Spyke
  • Bike: 2008 Kawasaki ZX-6R (SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki 636
« Reply #2 on: 11/18/12 12:38PM »
I've heard nothing but good things about that company
Use discount code "PCDL14" to get discounts on your IMS tickets motorcycleshows.com

Offline chadbaldwin

• The (hanging) Chad
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • chadbaldwin's Gallery
  • Ortega Junkie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Triumph Daytona 675R; 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R Frankenbike; 2015 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R
« Reply #3 on: 11/18/12 03:13PM »
what's a "hook up" price?

I'm not here to discount his product. I'm here to give my review and opinion, I'm not getting any kickback for promoting the gloves, he sells me his products for as much as he'll sell them to you. I believe he has his prices online and compared to the Alpinestar GP Pro's ($240-$260) it's not even a competitive price, it's a steal.

Offline famousboy

• 749cc
  • famousboy's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 cbr 1000rr
  • Years Riding: since april 2012
« Reply #4 on: 11/18/12 08:51PM »
They a good winter glove, or just a normal glove?

Offline chadbaldwin

• The (hanging) Chad
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • chadbaldwin's Gallery
  • Ortega Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11/18/12 09:19PM »
Keep in mind they are race gloves. Keeping your hands warm in the winter are not exactly part of the design plan when making racing gloves.

Though they are much warmer than my Joe Rocket gauntlet's which is what these are replacing. If you're looking for winter gloves, go pick up a set of em for 30 bucks at your local dealership. If you're looking for top of the line racing/track gloves, these are the way to go.

Offline AlmosTryin

« Reply #6 on: 11/18/12 09:24PM »
Well what's the price? A steal to you might not be a steal to others...
Tattoos are like Motorcycle Mechanics, Cheap Ones aren't Good and Good Ones aren't Cheap.

Offline chadbaldwin

• The (hanging) Chad
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • chadbaldwin's Gallery
  • Ortega Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11/18/12 09:33PM »
Geezus, I put the link on here for a reason. lol. Says $199 on his site. The gloves come with Kangaroo leather (MUCH higher quality than cowhide), Stingray skin sliders (mostly bling, but still functional) and hand stitched/made.

It's a steal COMPARED to the Alpinestar GP Pros which average $260 or so, which uses standard cowhide and doesn't have local support like ACT Racing can provide.

Keep in mind, you get what you pay for. Yeah, some people might find $200 bucks to be expensive, but this is our hands were talking about. And if you plan to use these for what they were intended for (high speed/aggressive riding) and go down doing it, you're gonna be thankful you invested an extra 50 or 100 bucks into a set of gloves to save your skin.

When I buy gear, I look at the quality and the features before look at the price (which should be the lowest driving factor behind making protective gear purchases).

Offline AlmosTryin

« Reply #8 on: 11/18/12 09:41PM »
A* has local support in torrance and are VERY relaxed when it comes to fixing or replacing gear.
Tattoos are like Motorcycle Mechanics, Cheap Ones aren't Good and Good Ones aren't Cheap.

Offline Mud

« Reply #9 on: 11/18/12 09:44PM »
Any crashed ACT glove pictures?

Offline chadbaldwin

• The (hanging) Chad
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • chadbaldwin's Gallery
  • Ortega Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11/18/12 09:52PM »
Not that I can find. They're not that widespread so not a ton of people crashing in them yet. lol. I crashed in my suit and the leather held up extremely well (but it's cowhide, so hard to make a comparison). Slid about 60 feet and you can barely tell the suit is damaged and not a bruise or scratch on me. Hoping for the same quality in the gloves.

Offline AlmosTryin

« Reply #11 on: 11/18/12 09:56PM »
Slid or tumbled? The leather isn't really the concern on suits or gloves, it's the stitching.

Offline chadbaldwin

• The (hanging) Chad
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • chadbaldwin's Gallery
  • Ortega Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11/18/12 10:04PM »
Slid. Landed flat on my ass and slid on my butt for a good 60 feet or so, then popped up. Gloves use kevlar stitching. It's good quality stuff.

DeFace

« Reply #13 on: 11/18/12 10:10PM »
Has it been confirmed anywhere that roo is actually stronger than cow? Or is it just speculation based on sales pitch?

Offline H-2 Charlie

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • H-2 Charlie's Gallery
  • THE BADDEST BIKE ON THE PLANET
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Beemer S1K
« Last Edit: 11/18/12 10:15PM by H-2 Charlie »
MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

Offline chadbaldwin

• The (hanging) Chad
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • chadbaldwin's Gallery
  • Ortega Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 11/18/12 10:20PM »
Has it been confirmed anywhere that roo is actually stronger than cow? Or is it just speculation based on sales pitch?

http://www.motogp.com/en/MotoGP+Basics/leathers

"The MotoGP leather suits are mainly made of kangaroo leather, which is more resistant, more flexible and weighs less than cow hide."

I'd say MotoGP is a credible source, no?
« Last Edit: 11/18/12 10:30PM by chadbaldwin »

Offline AlmosTryin

« Reply #16 on: 11/18/12 10:34PM »
His question still stands all I got from that that is fact is it's lighter and more flexible. Which the lighter in itself would be reason enough for them to use it where every ounce counts. Even if the leather was exactly the same, resistance wise, as cow hide.

Offline chadbaldwin

• The (hanging) Chad
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • chadbaldwin's Gallery
  • Ortega Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11/29/12 07:57AM »
His question still stands all I got from that that is fact is it's lighter and more flexible. Which the lighter in itself would be reason enough for them to use it where every ounce counts. Even if the leather was exactly the same, resistance wise, as cow hide.

Lol, it says right there it's more resistant...pretty sure if something is more resistant to abraision in a crash...it's stronger.

I hate hate hate linking to wikipedia for stuff, but this will probably do:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaroo_leather

People need to learn how to click links and Google crap. If you want the price, click the link, it's on his site. If you want to learn more about Kangaroo vs Cowhide, there's this huge thing called the internet for that.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Kangaroo+leather+vs+cowhide

Offline Kurtosis

« Reply #18 on: 11/29/12 09:13AM »
Chad, did you slide for 60ft on dry or wet pavement?

Offline Mud

« Reply #19 on: 11/29/12 09:38AM »
My understanding is kangroo is stronger than cowhide so they can make it thinner, thus a lighter weight. Cowhide is thicker and makes the suit laster longer and can usually survive multiple crashes better.

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 67 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook