Topic: License Plate Fix-It Ticket  (Read 2876 times)

Offline Stiffler

• 50cc
  • Stiffler's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 208 Street Bob
  • Years Riding: 10-years on street
Re: License Plate Fix-It Ticket
« Reply #20 on: 12/16/12 10:40PM »
Hell I never even saw the cop, We were just cruisin as it was wet and always busy thru there. We were splitting lanes though!

At the light, I was telling you he was behind us,and I could tell I he was gonna stop me, I didn't know if he could hear me though.

Offline The Cycle Guy

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • The Cycle Guy's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Daytona 675, DT-50
  • Years Riding: 40+
« Reply #21 on: 12/16/12 10:47PM »
When I got my similar ticket a few years back, it was pretty much the same thing.  The cop just pulled up behind me at a stop light, then pulled me over.  I was nothing but nice, but got the fixit ticket anyway.  But it was only a fixit ticket, so no huge deal.

I find it very hard to believe that someone could be pulled over multiple times, without a plate, and not get a ticket. 
« Last Edit: 12/16/12 10:55PM by The Cycle Guy »

Offline mxracer95

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • mxracer95's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Impact Racing
  • Bike: GSXR 750, R6, YZ-125, KTM 530 EXC
  • Years Riding: 20+
« Reply #22 on: 12/17/12 02:06PM »
"Attached to the rear" is very vague, especially motorcycles that don't have a large flat surface on the back like a car. The rule most people go by is that it be visible and readable from the rear. 99% of the time a cop that couldn't see a plate like this would fall in behind and then see it and not bother you. It's that 1% that just want to be dicks. Sounds like this guy just doesn't like sportbikes "since some of you guys like to take off on us."

Leave it as is and go get it signed off. Most places will be ok with it like it is.
- 2013 GSX-R750 Commuter
- 2013 GSX-R750 Stunt bike
- 2013 GSX-R750 Cannonball bike
- 2012 GSX-R750 [have you seen me? :(  ]
- 2014 YZF-R6 (MotoAmerica/WERA #195) - Race Bike
- 2014 YZF-R6 AMA Club race bike
- 2009 KTM 530 EXC - Supermoto
- 2004 YZ 125 (#95)

Offline Repsol Joe

• 998cc
  • Repsol Joe's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 07 Honda Repsol
  • Years Riding: Over 25 years dirt. Street on and off since 02
« Reply #23 on: 12/17/12 08:17PM »
"Attached to the rear" is very vague, especially motorcycles that don't have a large flat surface on the back like a car. The rule most people go by is that it be visible and readable from the rear. 99% of the time a cop that couldn't see a plate like this would fall in behind and then see it and not bother you. It's that 1% that just want to be dicks. Sounds like this guy just doesn't like sportbikes "since some of you guys like to take off on us."

Leave it as is and go get it signed off. Most places will be ok with it like it is.
^^^ I agree,

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 36 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook