Topic: Anyone ever owned a ss 1000?  (Read 1757 times)

Offline ep3gsxr6

Anyone ever owned a ss 1000?
« on: 12/19/12 12:40AM »
So recently i have been looking into helmets. I am interested in buying the speed and strength ss1000 fame and fortune helmet. My friend wants to sell me his but i am getting new upper lining and cheek pads. The lining and pads in this helmet comfy? Because i know his are very worn

Offline Blueye Joker

• BluEye Joker }:D
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Blueye Joker's Gallery
  • www.blueyephotog.com
    • View Profile
    • BlueyePhotog
  • Bike: 2007 Mad-Labs Honda CRF150R
  • Years Riding: 26 YRS, 11 knowing what I'm doing..
Re: Anyone ever owned a ss 1000?
« Reply #1 on: 12/19/12 01:00PM »
I have seen then and heard only good thus far..
I guess some of the great features like Thermo-Poly Alloy shell and the fact
you have a removable, washable and moisture wicking liner
AirStrike direct course ventilation system
Lock N Load rapid conversion shield replacement system
All Clear Sight System-optically correct, anti-scratch, anti-fog and UV resistant faceshield.
I really love the idea of the no fog anti scratch..

All in all with new linings I would say its a number helmet..

Offline epicwolf

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • epicwolf's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '05 Yamaha R1
  • Years Riding: more than 5.
« Reply #2 on: 12/19/12 01:43PM »
Its a really cheap helmet.  Cheap as in price I mean. Not sure about the quality. I spotted one for the first time in person at Motorhelmet the other day. Never heard of the brand before that. I do want to know how it is and why it is so cheap. Especially compared to the top of the line brands that cost 800 bucks like Arai and Shoei
"When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity. " Dale Carnegie

www.OCmotorcycleshop.com
www.skillzdays.com

Offline Blueye Joker

• BluEye Joker }:D
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Blueye Joker's Gallery
  • www.blueyephotog.com
    • View Profile
    • BlueyePhotog
  • Bike: 2007 Mad-Labs Honda CRF150R
  • Years Riding: 26 YRS, 11 knowing what I'm doing..
« Reply #3 on: 12/19/12 01:56PM »
Its a really cheap helmet.  Cheap as in price I mean. Not sure about the quality. I spotted one for the first time in person at Motorhelmet the other day. Never heard of the brand before that. I do want to know how it is and why it is so cheap. Especially compared to the top of the line brands that cost 800 bucks like Arai and Shoei

Well I can tell you this much.. Arai and Shoei go way back in time and there are many stories to be told about theses companies.
There is no comparison but as a general the ss1000 is a decent helmet..

Offline epicwolf

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • epicwolf's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '05 Yamaha R1
  • Years Riding: more than 5.
« Reply #4 on: 12/19/12 02:05PM »
Sometimes I don't understand the pricing on helmets. Hope somebody can explain better.  I like shoei and I have the rf1100. Great helmet so far but I'm not even sure if it is worth 500 bucks. Not sure if I was paying for the brand or the actual product.  I have always been a shoei fan but lately I've been searching around for a new helmet and different brands because I want to try something new.  Some brands I never even heard of. Some are like 80 bucks and 100 bucks. Is that supposed to convinced people to buy something that can protect their brain? I am all for saving money but should I go cheap on something that can protect the most important muscle on my body? Thats why I'm afraid to go with helmets that are so cheap.  So I jump on the bandwagon and check out expansive helmets. Which one is really worth the price?  That is why I am so confused sometimes when I go helmet shopping. Some people search for noise reduction, some people search for comfort. Some search for the way it looks. Some search for how heavy.  If somebody can find a helmet that fixed all those issues and doesn't cost the same amount of money for rent, let me know lol.
« Last Edit: 12/19/12 02:06PM by epicwolf »
"When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity. " Dale Carnegie

www.OCmotorcycleshop.com
www.skillzdays.com

Offline ep3gsxr6

« Reply #5 on: 12/19/12 03:00PM »
Ya guys thanks much i have done a little bit of research and when i tried it on. Not comfortable but thats because the cheek pads are worn so im goin to buy everything inside for it. And its a great quality helmet and as it says the inner lining is easy to take off. It looks nice and once the pads and lining are in im expecting a great helmet. Iv owned and crashed on a shoei and it was a comfortable helmet and did take the hit but i didnt know much about speed and strength helmet. I know theyre good for jackets and gloves but well see on the helmet

Offline 2FURYUS

• 599cc
  • 2FURYUS's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Busa, Ducati
  • Years Riding: 35
« Reply #6 on: 12/19/12 05:11PM »
Well, the old saying is " if you've got a ten dollar head, you buy a ten dollar helmet". 

That being said, Motorcylist did an in depth study a yr or two ago on all types of helmets and actually found out some of the cheaper helmets absorbed more impact and were safer then the expensive ones.

Anymore I shop for fit and comfort and what safety standards the helmet meets and don't worry so much about price. More often than not I find a good helmet for a lot less money then Shoei or Arai.

Offline Draconis33

• 998cc
  • Draconis33's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2007 ZX-10R, 2006 K1200S, 2004 V-Rod, 2001 RC51, 1995 CR125, 1988 LT230E
  • Years Riding: 14
« Reply #7 on: 12/19/12 05:55PM »
In my limited experience, I would have to say that all helmets are supposed to meet relatively the same standards of impact protection... but they don't all take the same road to get there.  What i have found is that the primary differences between the $100 and the $600 helmets boil down to weight, airflow, and noise.  Of course, the combinations there-in will often differ.  The lighter helmets may flow air better, but are louder.  Conversely, the quieter helmets may flow less air and/or be heavier.  I have never found a cheaper helmet that we as light or as quiet as my more expensive ones.  With that said, there will always be exceptions.  The key is trying them all for yourself.  Just my $0.02.

Offline ep3gsxr6

« Reply #8 on: 12/19/12 06:20PM »
Good point of view guys im new to riding so helmets isnt my material of strength but i had a shoei i loved it but finanancially im not too great so well see how this treats me.

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 47 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything