Topic: My traffic rec. has lost its virginity  (Read 1032 times)

Offline JayEmperor

My traffic rec. has lost its virginity
« on: 02/19/13 12:33PM »
This morning I was rushing to school. Not late but for some reason, i just rode like an idiot. I splited lanes in a connection from 22E to57N Then speedup 100+ on 57N
Suddenly, i heard siren and saw red/blue light in my tiny mirrors and that was right behind me.
First thing he ask me was to give him a good reason for him to not take my license away because I cut him and split lanes like crazy (making serpentine gesture with his hand) and doing 100+.
I've read a few thread about 100+ here or there, and I knew i'm screwed.
I just told him I was late for school and gave him all the papers. I asked him to give me a chance because this is my first time I got pulled over. He then look at my bike and said: "Look, this is not your first time riding fast like this - pointing at my Canyon racer sticker, scratches on bike, repainted color. I amazed that you never got pulled over before."
Then he asked what school I'm going to and what's my major. I replied, Cal state Fullerton- computer engineering.
After waiting for a while here's what he come back with: 80+ over 65.

Offline ThrillQuest

Re: My traffic rec. has lost its virginity
« Reply #1 on: 02/19/13 01:09PM »
Your traffic record hasn't lost its virginity until you've lost your court battle.  Good luck to you -- and that cop definitely cut you a break.  A fellow computer engineer, awesome!  Why not UCI over CSUF though?
The speedometer only serves as a distraction.
Sometimes life just isn't fair. Expecting life to treat you well because you're a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you're vegetarian.

Offline Israel Torres

• \_(ツ)_/
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Israel Torres's Gallery
  • Si vis pacem, para bellum
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 Ninja 300 ABS & '05 FJR1300
  • Years Riding: 5 Years
« Reply #2 on: 02/19/13 01:24PM »
first thought: nop sled  :17:

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #3 on: 02/19/13 01:28PM »
Wait a minute, you've been riding 26 years and have yet to get a ticket?!  Chalk that up as experience, I say take it like a man or woman, and go to traffic school, you may learn something...

As for UCI vs. CSUF, I'm sure it has to do with saving $10k or more for a similar education, that was the reason I chose CSUF.  Go Titans!!  ;D
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline Parc Ferme

« Reply #4 on: 02/19/13 01:33PM »
25 years

no tickets (on bike, plenty in car)
hubcap diamond star halo girl lord flatbed ford beans heart fart

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #5 on: 02/19/13 01:43PM »
25 years

no tickets (on bike, plenty in car)

I've gotten one ticket in my 28 years of riding, a BS basic speed law ticket on Ortega Hwy that I fought by written declaration and won.

As for the cage, I've gotten plenty in my youth, but haven't gotten one since '03.  Go Titans!!
Every day is ride to work day!

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 40 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything