Topic: MAD AS HELL!!!  (Read 4316 times)

Offline RedRider4Life

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • RedRider4Life's Gallery
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '07 CBR600RR
  • Years Riding: 16 years
MAD AS HELL!!!
« on: 03/10/13 05:23PM »
I began reading comments left by the ignorant and unexperienced crowd on FB after reading the thread on here about lane splitting.  I was blown away when I read a the comment by one user (highlighted in the image).  I feel there has to be something we can do as a community to bring attention to the comment and others who act in similar fashion.  I wonder how his employer (Bayside Interiors) would feel about his stated actions?
« Last Edit: 03/10/13 05:45PM by RedRider4Life »

mbstr

Re: MAD AS HELL!!!
« Reply #1 on: 03/10/13 05:56PM »
Kids these dayz! :13:

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #2 on: 03/10/13 06:23PM »
I think I've encountered the douchebag on the 91 freeway.  I've had more than a few close calls splitting there, not as of late since I got the Triumph.  Maybe I look like a motor cop in people's rearviews...  :26:

As far as an employer caring, they only have concern if the idiot is driving a company vehicle, and even then, not much is done unless s/he gets into an accident.  The employer simply cares if: a) the employee is showing up as scheduled, and b) the employee is being productive and making the company money.
« Last Edit: 03/10/13 06:35PM by Triple Threat »
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline BigSapz

« Reply #3 on: 03/10/13 06:30PM »
Cab you link to that Facebook page please

Offline Snapshot

• Fogwalker
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Snapshot's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Matilda the Ninja 250
  • Years Riding: 39, Years Training Riders: 17
“The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

oldman

« Reply #5 on: 03/10/13 07:23PM »
I keep telling you that if we start shooting at these clowns, they'll all stop this crap. Instead of seeing "motorcycle down" on the news we'll see "muy macho clown lies dead on the road". No, I'm not kidding. :29:

Offline RedRider4Life

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03/10/13 07:24PM »

Offline RedRider4Life

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03/10/13 07:25PM »
I keep telling you that if we start shooting at these clowns, they'll all stop this crap. Instead of seeing "motorcycle down" on the news we'll see "muy macho clown lies dead on the road". No, I'm not kidding. :29:
:D

Offline RedRider4Life

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03/10/13 08:29PM »
Nothing to calm the nerves like a cruise on the bike.  If only more people experienced the euphoria of riding I believe the world would be a happier place.

Offline modog

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • modog's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Suzuki GSXR 750
  • Years Riding: 10+
« Reply #9 on: 03/10/13 08:39PM »
I saw this the other day and what that guy wrote. I was going to comment on it, and then thought. "What's the point of getting into it with this guy?" He's a total dbag and karma is a bitch. Still I was damn mad after reading what he said. People like that, I'd love to see him try that with me.

Offline TheChad

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • TheChad's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2002 CBR954RR, 2011 ZX10R
  • Years Riding: A long time
« Reply #10 on: 03/10/13 09:12PM »
Ive had several people do that to me... Tons of douchebags that think its perfectly acceptable. They are just big pussies because they cant ride, dont have the balls to ride, and so they will mess with us from the vantage of putting us in danger...but if we were all in a room together that guy probably would piss his pants.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnVMzmbvtfI

There you go, givin a f*ck when it ain't your turn to give a f*ck.

Offline *StarChild*

• 749cc
  • *StarChild*'s Gallery
  • I love the Twins!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 02 Suzuki Tl 1000R, 99 Harley Road Glide
  • Years Riding: 3 years
« Reply #11 on: 03/10/13 09:31PM »
I like your style oldman! :29:

Offline ALEX1800

• 998cc
  • ALEX1800's Gallery
  • 6 states in 4 days.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: BMW R1100S
  • Years Riding: 16
« Reply #12 on: 03/10/13 10:30PM »

:1: Very well put!  I 100% agree with oldman.  :29:

mbstr

« Reply #13 on: 03/10/13 10:37PM »
Mount the gun where the Go Pro goes, Semi auto. Like a video game!

oldman

« Reply #14 on: 03/11/13 05:45AM »
Ive had several people do that to me... Tons of douchebags that think its perfectly acceptable. They are just big pussies because they cant ride, dont have the balls to ride, and so they will mess with us from the vantage of putting us in danger...but if we were all in a room together that guy probably would piss his pants.
                  Yep,yep,yep, +1 Chad! :29:

Offline The Stig

« Reply #15 on: 03/11/13 07:17AM »
It's not worth the effort to get upset about someone making an idiotic comment like that. It's just trolling and e-thuggery. If it actually happens... Even then keep a cool head.
Owning a liter bike is like owning a pet tiger. If you know it's a tiger and you treat it like it's a tiger you'll probably be OK. If you start treating it like a house cat then it will likely maul you, possibly to death.

Offline epicwolf

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • epicwolf's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '05 Yamaha R1
  • Years Riding: more than 5.
« Reply #16 on: 03/11/13 07:30AM »
The real issue of this lane splitting problem is the way it was setup in this country. Why is California the only state that allow lane splitting? Because of the lack of education about lane splitting being a safe and LEGAL for motorcycle to get around, ignorant comments like this will always happen.  Seeing motorcyclist defending lane splitting is nothing new and seeing non motorcyclist condeming lane splitting is normal. I would like to see a non motorcyclist defending lane splitting and tell other non motorcyclist that it is an acceptable thing to do.
"When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity. " Dale Carnegie

www.OCmotorcycleshop.com
www.skillzdays.com

Offline Sonny600RR

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Sonny600RR's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 04 CBRf4i (SOLD), 05 CBR600RR(SOLD)
  • Years Riding: Never Enough.
« Reply #17 on: 03/11/13 08:22AM »
Some people are just idiots.......I rather have lane spiltting than a law that requires no helmet.
Simple Smokes
    7835 Westminster Blvd
   Westminster, CA 92683

CALIFORNIA KINGS TATTOO
     3213 N Glassell St
      Orange, CA 92865
         Ask for ADAM

Offline fotoman

• 998cc
  • fotoman's Gallery
  • My Fireblade
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1998 Honda 900RR
  • Years Riding: 43 years
« Reply #18 on: 03/11/13 08:35AM »
I began reading comments left by the ignorant and unexperienced crowd on FB after reading the thread on here about lane splitting.  I was blown away when I read a the comment by one user (highlighted in the image).  I feel there has to be something we can do as a community to bring attention to the comment and others who act in similar fashion.  I wonder how his employer (Bayside Interiors) would feel about his stated actions?

I feel I want to hunt that fu cker down!!!!!!!!!!!!! :13:

Offline ChickenStripsMcGee

• 599cc
  • ChickenStripsMcGee's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 GS500f
  • Years Riding: none.. should've started sooner..
« Reply #19 on: 03/11/13 09:25AM »
What if we tried to pressure them into making a story about how the "dangers" of lane splitting come from ubber agressive drivers like the one you guys linked?? Maybe have them do a bit of research on him/ppl like him.  I linked their contact info but i wonder if phone calls and emails can do anything? Just an idea.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-kcal/

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 60 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook