Topic: MAD AS HELL!!!  (Read 4349 times)

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
Re: MAD AS HELL!!!
« Reply #20 on: 03/11/13 09:44AM »
^^^
You can always comment to the article with a link to video showing douchebag cagers endangering us. 

This story is nothing new, at least the LA Times put a positive spin on splitting a few years ago (which I was quoted in): http://articles.latimes.com/2007/aug/04/local/me-lanesplit4/2  :29:

Another article was published in the LA Times a few days ago and does a better job of educating cagers: http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-mo-autos-lanesplitting-controversy-safety-guidelines-from-the-chp-20130306,0,561731.story
« Last Edit: 03/11/13 09:58AM by Triple Threat »
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline CBRunyan

• Forum Moderator
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • CBRunyan's Gallery
  • AMA Member 1098565
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CBR1000RR
  • Years Riding: 35
« Reply #21 on: 03/11/13 09:53PM »
It's not worth the effort to get upset about someone making an idiotic comment like that. It's just trolling and e-thuggery. If it actually happens... Even then keep a cool head.

Yup Stig.

Offline fotoman

• 998cc
  • fotoman's Gallery
  • My Fireblade
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1998 Honda 900RR
  • Years Riding: 43 years
« Reply #22 on: 03/12/13 07:52AM »
https://www.facebook.com/jose.aguilar.142

Thanks...we should get a few bikes and do a few laps around his business...some burn outs...lots of revving..etc....

DJK

« Reply #23 on: 03/12/13 10:13AM »
^ Really?

What are you hoping for by posting personal information about this guy?  If you listed my children's names and what schools they attended, I'd take that as a threat. You would be dealt with accordingly.

DJK

« Reply #24 on: 03/12/13 10:28AM »
.. and before anyone chimes in to defend ChickenStrips, there's only ONE reason to post where a guy lives, where he and his family might be on a Sunday, and the names of his children and where they attend school.  Way to open yourself up for a lawsuit, buddy.

Offline ChickenStripsMcGee

• 599cc
  • ChickenStripsMcGee's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 GS500f
  • Years Riding: none.. should've started sooner..
« Reply #25 on: 03/12/13 10:42AM »
LOL its on his FACEBOOK EVERYONE knows if you dont want the world to know dont put it online...

What is considered public information? straight from FB

http://www.facebook.com/help/167709519956542

LAWLZZ

DJK

« Reply #26 on: 03/12/13 11:26AM »
Ok so I didn't know his profile was public, most people have theirs set to private so only their friends can see.  Regardless, you still haven't answered my original question.  Why quote a picture of a mob with pitchforks and then post information about his family? What's your goal here? Are you hoping some riders go scare his children at school? Maybe do some wheelies in front of his church? Go egg his house? 

Offline ChickenStripsMcGee

• 599cc
  • ChickenStripsMcGee's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 GS500f
  • Years Riding: none.. should've started sooner..
« Reply #27 on: 03/12/13 12:38PM »
I got you. I like to give credit where credit is due, since his page wouldn't pop up on mine when I searched. But if it was up to me I would have not quoted the mob just the actual link. Seeing as how I can't effin figure out how to exclude some parts yet and can't find any instructions anywhere I put the whole thing up.

My point was if this guy was dumb enough to not put his profile on private (as you pointed of most people would), put up his entire life story including his kids and post ignorant things...

Thennn we probably shouldn't pay much attention to what he commented on the KCAL 9 story.That's all. Ride safe yall. DEUCES!

* and if anyone would like to inform me how to quote certain things I'd be eternally grateful. 

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #28 on: 03/12/13 01:18PM »
To be fair, the guy is being tortured enough as it is:

a) he lives in Hesperia

b) he commutes over 150 miles/day

I'd be disgruntled if I lived his life as well...  :35:
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline blamecanada

« Reply #29 on: 03/12/13 01:18PM »
Simply re-posting information that is already publicly available doesn't constitute a threat...that is a personal perception issue unique to you, DJK.  I would say if you want to avoid that happening in the event that you piss a lot of people off, don't publicly post family information.  I suspect you already aren't doing that though.

DJK

« Reply #30 on: 03/12/13 03:58PM »
Simply re-posting information that is already publicly available doesn't constitute a threat...that is a personal perception issue unique to you, DJK.

No, it is not.  Let me spell it out for you, Blamecanada.

Thread created to bash a guy's comments.  People start talking trash about said guy.  Someone posts a drawing of a pitchfork mob. Someone directly responds to drawing with where the guy lives, what he drives, where he goes to church and most importantly to me the full names of his family members which include children.

You can dance around the legality of it, but I take MORAL issue with posting children's names in a threatening fashion, and it was threatening, Blamecanada.  To say otherwise is juvenile and you either have the thought process of a 6 year old or you think everyone else does.  Man up, guys.  Stop with the Freedom of Information crap and admit you guys would love to see this guy and his family hurt because he says he swerves to "check" motorcyclists.  Dumb for sure, but that doesn't mean you get to post the name of his daughter and where shes goes to school.  This mob mentality combined with keyboard commandos is insane!!!

Offline blamecanada

« Reply #31 on: 03/12/13 04:01PM »
Simply re-posting information that is already publicly available doesn't constitute a threat...that is a personal perception issue unique to you, DJK.

No, it is not.  Let me spell it out for you, Blamecanada.

Thread created to bash a guy's comments.  People start talking trash about said guy.  Someone posts a drawing of a pitchfork mob. Someone directly responds to drawing with where the guy lives, what he drives, where he goes to church and most importantly to me the full names of his family members which include children.

You can dance around the legality of it, but I take MORAL issue with posting children's names in a threatening fashion, and it was threatening, Blamecanada.  To say otherwise is juvenile and you either have the thought process of a 6 year old or you think everyone else does.  Man up, guys.  Stop with the Freedom of Information crap and admit you guys would love to see this guy and his family hurt because he says he swerves to "check" motorcyclists.  Dumb for sure, but that doesn't mean you get to post the name of his daughter and where shes goes to school.  This mob mentality combined with keyboard commandos is insane!!!

If I wanted everyone and their families hurt because they swerve at me I wouldn't have time for much during my day other than hating people...it's just a fact of motorcycle life...this guy just happened to admit it publicly...many who comment on the thread have probably done the same at least a time or two.

I don't think anyone is actually going to the guy's house to go after his family, but I think it is good for someone to post up the info, maybe he'll hear about it and not swerve anymore.

I can accept your viewpoint, I just don't share it...and not sharing it doesn't make me a 6 year old or a keyboard commando.

Offline The Stig

« Last Edit: 03/12/13 04:03PM by The Stig »
Owning a liter bike is like owning a pet tiger. If you know it's a tiger and you treat it like it's a tiger you'll probably be OK. If you start treating it like a house cat then it will likely maul you, possibly to death.

DJK

« Reply #33 on: 03/12/13 04:29PM »
I don't think anyone is actually going to the guy's house to go after his family, but I think it is good for someone to post up the info, maybe he'll hear about it and not swerve anymore.

He won't swerve anymore because he feels threatened?  I thought it wasn't a threat.  Which is it?  :4:

Offline blamecanada

« Reply #34 on: 03/12/13 04:32PM »

He won't swerve anymore because he feels threatened?  I thought it wasn't a threat.  Which is it?  :4:

Your suggestion that the person who shares the information is making a threat is ridiculous - and you still haven't supported it with any other evidence or statements.  Him "feeling threatened", or perhaps just realizing that the internet is not such an anonymous place after all does not make ChickenStripsMcGee or anyone else who simply shares the information and doesn't make any suggestions guilty of "threatening" him.

Let's review:

"I say we go lynch him!" - threat
"I'm going to go after him!" - threat
"His family lives here, I obtained details directly from a public website that anyone could get them from" - not a threat.

Understand?  Hopefully you do.
« Last Edit: 03/12/13 04:36PM by blamecanada »

DJK

« Reply #35 on: 03/12/13 04:36PM »
The context in which the information was posted constitutes a threatening fashion.  I've been over this at least twice now.  If someone just created a random thread of personal information, that's weird and sort of creepy.  If someone replies to a pitchfork drawing with the same type of personal information, it can be perceived as threatening.  It's not that hard, dude!!  Even Strips responded he hadn't meant to include the pitchfork drawing, a sort of half-backtrack.  You've lost this one, move on.

Offline blamecanada

« Reply #36 on: 03/12/13 04:37PM »
The context in which the information was posted constitutes a threatening fashion.  I've been over this at least twice now.  If someone just created a random thread of personal information, that's weird and sort of creepy.  If someone replies to a pitchfork drawing with the same type of personal information, it can be perceived as threatening.  It's not that hard, dude!!  Even Strips responded he hadn't meant to include the pitchfork drawing, a sort of half-backtrack.  You've lost this one, move on.

I think the world has "lost this one" if you've managed to reproduce after re-reading the way you've phrased things in this thread.

I will indeed "move on".

Offline CBRunyan

• Forum Moderator
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • CBRunyan's Gallery
  • AMA Member 1098565
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CBR1000RR
  • Years Riding: 35
« Reply #37 on: 03/12/13 08:16PM »
I agree this thread has run its course. We locked the thread. We removed the posts that included the troll's personal info. While I might be OK morally with posting publically obtained info on an adult/troll, info on kids we cannot get onboard with. Anyone on this forum with kids would probably agree.
To summerize the thread, CA drivers are exceedingly ignorant on the rights of motorycle riders in traffic (big surprise).
Some are so sad they would deliberately endanger riders by "checking" them when they lane split (also not a big surprise).
This idiot is a mindless troll. I like Stig's approach, we all know they are there. Ignore and educate in ample amounts of both helps keep riders safer.

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 52 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook