Topic: Del Amo Motorsports Long Beach  (Read 2440 times)

Addiction

Del Amo Motorsports Long Beach
« on: 03/23/13 12:25AM »
On 2/20/13 I placed an order online for 2 plastic rivets for my R1 since it was pretty cheap for OEM parts. 1 week passes by with no contact and order is still showing up as processing, so I drop a message using their website's contact. Another few days pass by and no contact so I try to message their online chat. Again no response and 2 weeks roll by from order day. I get in contact with an online chat who says he'll get in contact with the parts department and they'll get in touch with me on when my order will be ready. I wait another week (3rd week) and still no contact, so I drop more emails with no contact. A few days before it's 4 weeks from the order, I contact a person at Yamaha Motor Corp thinking maybe this part is back ordered and could be the reason for the delay. I find out it isn't on back order and the rep says it should not have taken this long. So at 4 weeks and 1 day I file a PayPal dispute since I paid via PayPal. Instead of trying to fix this they just cancel my order on their website. I have yet to be refunded my money from Del Amo Motorsports since canceling my order.

tl;dr: Del Amo Motorsports took over 4 weeks to not deliver my items and kept my money so far.

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
  • I see what you did there.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 86 Vulcan 750, 98 VFR800 FI, 14 VFR800FE
  • Years Riding: Since Nov '11
Re: Del Amo Motorsports Long Beach
« Reply #1 on: 03/23/13 09:22AM »
Did you ever call them? I've always been able to resolve issues that e-mail or live chat would not by simply picking up the phone and speaking to another live person one on one.

It seems if you would have just called them, instead of using the live chat and email, you would probably have gotten a response. I have no experience with that particular dealership, but just them in general, that a phone works best no matter what.

Once you filed the PayPal dispute, you went around attempting to resolve the issue with the vendor, so of course they cancelled your order.

Sure they took too long, and should take better care to attend to their digital forms of communications, but you really should have just called. It's like you guys are allergic to the old fashioned telephone or something.

Edit: They can't just strait refund you now that a PaPal dispute is in progress. You have to wait until PayPal finishes their investigation, and reverses the original payment.

Addiction

« Reply #2 on: 03/23/13 09:27AM »
They can close the dispute by refunding my money or by delivering on their end and prove that and they haven't done either. I was told they'd call me multiple times, but that never happened. I never had to call them on previous orders and my orders were ready in 2 days before they became Del Amo Motorsports of Long Beach. Besides my order showed as processing the whole time instead of ready for the whole 4 weeks, but a few days after I file the dispute they immediately cancel it and never responded to the dispute or sent an email saying they canceled I had to find out by checking on their website.
« Last Edit: 03/23/13 09:29AM by Addiction »

Offline TheChad

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • TheChad's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2002 CBR954RR, 2011 ZX10R
  • Years Riding: A long time
« Reply #3 on: 03/23/13 10:09AM »
Sorry.

Just use Ron Ayers for stock parts. I havent had an issue with them ever, and it shows up pretty fast.

I have a recall to work on my bike, and none of the local dealerships are worth a damn. The parts department are staffed by supercross wannabes just out of high school that dont know crap about street bikes, and the mechanics at most of them barely know righty tighty, lefty loosey.

I miss the 80s and 90s, where the people that worked there knew every bike, knew every part, and knew what interchanged and what didnt. Around the late 90s that crap changed. Now after the recession its even worse. If I cant do the work myself, I go to places like Mach 1, where I know I can trust the shop.

Even going for an oil filter, I have to double check the part numbers to make sure they gave me the right one. Almost every time I go in person to a dealership for a parts run, the resulting back and forth because they gave me the wrong parts, results in more time wasted than if I just ordered it online....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnVMzmbvtfI

There you go, givin a f*ck when it ain't your turn to give a f*ck.

Offline Mud

« Reply #4 on: 03/23/13 10:36AM »
Use chaparral online, if the parts are in the stock they usually arrive the next day. Fastest and cheapest OEM parts I have found. I have used bikebandit, oneidasuzuki, ran ayers. They all take forverer to arrive.

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
  • I see what you did there.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 86 Vulcan 750, 98 VFR800 FI, 14 VFR800FE
  • Years Riding: Since Nov '11
« Reply #5 on: 03/23/13 10:40AM »
Use chaparral online, if the parts are in the stock they usually arrive the next day. Fastest and cheapest OEM parts I have found. I have used bikebandit, oneidasuzuki, ran ayers. They all take forverer to arrive.

They're pretty much one of the best that's local. They have a really strong on-line presence and can push through orders quickly. They're also close enough that you can get it in person if you need it now. Great stock of tires too at a fair price (though, it's hard to beat RockyMountainATV).

If time is not of the essence, I use PartZilla or Ron Ayers (depends on how much I'm spending, shipping can be cheaper on either).

HBguy

« Reply #6 on: 03/23/13 01:43PM »
On 2/20/13 I placed an order online for 2 plastic rivets for my R1 since it was pretty cheap for OEM parts. 1 week passes by with no contact and order is still showing up as processing, so I drop a message using their website's contact. Another few days pass by and no contact so I try to message their online chat. Again no response and 2 weeks roll by from order day. I get in contact with an online chat who says he'll get in contact with the parts department and they'll get in touch with me on when my order will be ready. I wait another week (3rd week) and still no contact, so I drop more emails with no contact. A few days before it's 4 weeks from the order, I contact a person at Yamaha Motor Corp thinking maybe this part is back ordered and could be the reason for the delay. I find out it isn't on back order and the rep says it should not have taken this long. So at 4 weeks and 1 day I file a PayPal dispute since I paid via PayPal. Instead of trying to fix this they just cancel my order on their website. I have yet to be refunded my money from Del Amo Motorsports since canceling my order.

tl;dr: Del Amo Motorsports took over 4 weeks to not deliver my items and kept my money so far.
It's not exactly the worst complaint I've read here, but it's probably the worst one in recent memory.  It took you four weeks to contact Yamaha corporate and you never called the shop?  For plastic rivets? 

Offline epicwolf

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • epicwolf's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '05 Yamaha R1
  • Years Riding: more than 5.
« Reply #7 on: 03/27/13 02:50PM »

I miss the 80s and 90s, where the people that worked there knew every bike, knew every part, and knew what interchanged and what didnt. Around the late 90s that crap changed.

I miss the 80's and 90's when people actually use a phone to talk.  I dont remember the last time people talk on the phone anymore.  Don't you agree? Text me and let me know.
"When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity. " Dale Carnegie

www.OCmotorcycleshop.com
www.skillzdays.com

Offline blamecanada

« Reply #8 on: 03/27/13 03:55PM »
I see a lot of people recommending that places be called via telephone if there is a problem...are they going to pay me for my time?  speaking on the telephone takes up considerably more time than multi-tasking and sending emails and text communication...if I have to actually call a place on the telephone just to get a problem resolved I feel like they should be paying more a lot more than a refund.

Offline whothatchineze

« Reply #9 on: 03/27/13 04:16PM »
A retailer shouldn't need to be called to solidify orders if they use different forms of communication to complete a customer's order.  Each form of communication should be efficient and cohere with each other, so we the customer don't have to bounce around hoping our order goes through. 

Did you ever call them? I've always been able to resolve issues that e-mail or live chat would not by simply picking up the phone and speaking to another live person one on one.

It seems if you would have just called them, instead of using the live chat and email, you would probably have gotten a response. I have no experience with that particular dealership, but just them in general, that a phone works best no matter what.

Once you filed the PayPal dispute, you went around attempting to resolve the issue with the vendor, so of course they cancelled your order.

Sure they took too long, and should take better care to attend to their digital forms of communications, but you really should have just called. It's like you guys are allergic to the old fashioned telephone or something.

Edit: They can't just strait refund you now that a PaPal dispute is in progress. You have to wait until PayPal finishes their investigation, and reverses the original payment.

If I order something from their parts department via internet chat, I expect that order to go through.  I shouldn't have to call them to confirm my order.  Del Amo Motorsports just didn't display the professionalism they should have.   

Addiction

« Reply #10 on: 03/27/13 04:36PM »
I bought a ton of almost every style for my 06 r6. If you still need some let me know.
Wish I knew earlier as I ordered them from another dealership online and they already shipped it.
A retailer shouldn't need to be called to solidify orders if they use different forms of communication to complete a customer's order.  Each form of communication should be efficient and cohere with each other, so we the customer don't have to bounce around hoping our order goes through. 

If I order something from their parts department via internet chat, I expect that order to go through.  I shouldn't have to call them to confirm my order.  Del Amo Motorsports just didn't display the professionalism they should have.   
Exactly my thinking. Ordering online should not require me calling and it's funny that when I file a dispute they immediately cancel the order without even an email or any contact or a refund as they can close the dispute with a refund or giving me my order. I had to keep logging in daily to find out the status of my order which stayed as processing for over 4 weeks.

oldman

« Reply #11 on: 03/28/13 06:08AM »
I agree with thtanner. Stop texting, stop e-mailing, just call and say " I want to speak with a f'n person!" Much more personal. IMO. :26: Better yet, go down ad pound on their counter!!! :29: Wow, old people are weird huh???

HBguy

« Reply #12 on: 03/28/13 12:33PM »
Obviously you're an idiot that doesn't understand how real businesses work.  And you deserve to be ignored.  I'm not saying its ok for the shop to ignore messages and all that, but if it were that serious to you, they, a court of law, and the civilized world would expect you to just pick up the phone for sixty seconds and call...making lame excuses about mult-tasking just shows you to be a douchebag customer that no one wants. 

...in my humble opinion. 

The shop was wrong, but your complaint is invalid, since you want to skirt around your 'problem'.

Addiction

« Reply #13 on: 03/28/13 01:22PM »
Obviously you're an idiot that doesn't understand how real businesses work.  And you deserve to be ignored.  I'm not saying its ok for the shop to ignore messages and all that, but if it were that serious to you, they, a court of law, and the civilized world would expect you to just pick up the phone for sixty seconds and call...making lame excuses about mult-tasking just shows you to be a douchebag customer that no one wants. 

...in my humble opinion. 

The shop was wrong, but your complaint is invalid, since you want to skirt around your 'problem'.

So if you ordered something online and something went wrong you have to contact via phone? Again I was told they would contact me via phone multiple times which did NOT happen. What happens if you buy something from a website like Amazon through a third party and had a problem and their phone number is not listed? What would you do then? If I was a business and offering sales through the internet I'd answer all forms of communication. Like I said before I never had a problem with Del Amo Motorsports answering my emails or online communication with previous transactions. With my previous transactions I did not think I would have to call them as all my emails were answered within 24 hours as it should be. You may think what you want about calling having to call it in, but if my order still says processing after 4 weeks it means they did not even have my order and would still have to wait a couple of days for them to even have my order ready after calling them.

HBguy

« Reply #14 on: 03/28/13 01:41PM »
You can have endless explanations, and you sure seem to be trying...but you didn't do the obvious.  Like I said, you'd be the laughing stock of any business and any small claims court for a reason.  Stop making excuses and creating hypothetical and learn your lesson.  It's not a matter of 'what if'...its a matter of use common sense.  They have a storefront.  Did you know you could even walk in there?  Oh, you're too important with your time, right?   maybe next time you can send your butler or mommie to go talk to them for you. 

And good luck with your R1 upgrade.    :-X

Privateer...i know i know...I'm done with this thread. 

« Last Edit: 03/28/13 01:43PM by Toro »

Addiction

« Reply #15 on: 03/28/13 01:51PM »
Why would I go there when I know my order won't be ready to be picked up. I'd be spending 15-20 minutes one way. Like I said I have shopped with them online and picked up my orders. I have never had this problem with them with my previous orders as stated. Only reason I even filed a claim is because after a few more days I'd be out of my money and the parts I'd be owed. At the end of the day, any business that offers sales through internet should be answering their online communication they offer on their website. Again if they can bother canceling the order after I file a PayPal claim, why couldn't they have ordered my parts the whole 4 weeks and a couple days they had? I'm done with this thread too since all your hindsight says is I should have called. If you run a business and a customer has to call to tell you to deliver on your end after the customer gave you the money, you're clearly running your business wrong.

Offline Snapshot

• Fogwalker
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Snapshot's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Matilda the Ninja 250
  • Years Riding: 38, Years Training Riders: 16
« Reply #16 on: 03/29/13 10:42AM »
Privateer...i know i know...I'm done with this thread.

how the eff did I get roped into this debacle?

That's easy. 

You have become our Obi Wan.  You will always be with us...

J~
“The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 40 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything