Topic: Dainese Full metal pro gloves 11 months later  (Read 8908 times)

Offline iloveherlogic

I received a pair of dainese full metal pro gloves last October for my birthday. They're great gloves very comfortable and I loved them. About 2 weeks ago I was putting on my gloves and noticed a hole in the Left thumb and palm area. Upon noticing that I inspected my right glove and the pointer finger also has a small hole starting to appear. The gloves have never been down. Has anybody else had this with their gloves? I went to the dainese store and was basically told I was SOL and would have to get them fixed on my dollar. I understand it is a wear and tear item but shouldn't these last longer than 1 year? My cousin's alpinestars gp tech gloves have lasted him 2 and even after 2 years his palm wore through and alpinestars still patched his glove for him. I'm just quite upset that the gloves cost ~300 dollars and don't last a year. Does anybody have experience with Dainese warranty?

Offline xDJXKLUSIVEx

• I can't wheelie my 1000 :-( JK
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • xDJXKLUSIVEx's Gallery
  • I FIX BIKES - 714 798 4077
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Too many.
  • Years Riding: 9
Re: Dainese Full metal pro gloves 11 months later
« Reply #1 on: 09/20/13 12:05AM »
Those gloves are not meant for daily use IMO. 11 months is damn good.

Offline BCMC

« Reply #2 on: 09/20/13 03:52AM »
The salts in human perspiration degrade the leather over time. Care and maintenance are needed periodically. Try some basic leather-specific cleaners. Don't forget to use leather conditioner after, to replenish the lost moisture.

Older Guy

« Reply #3 on: 09/20/13 07:06AM »
Take them to a tailor or Anthony's Shoe Repair and get them repaired....I've done that with my Dainese gloves several times...

Offline Kurtosis

« Reply #4 on: 09/20/13 07:35AM »
I have these gloves and they have lasted longer than 1 year.  In fact, mine look practically brand new.  I usually wear them 2 times a week and I take really good care of all my leather goods with cleaning and conditioning.

Your gloves look very worn, dirty and even a little dry (looking at the creases on the inside of the fingers) for 11 months.  You must be using them daily.  Dirt, salts from your skin and dry are the enemies of leather.

I have had good experiences with Dainese customer service.

BTW, thanks for the crotch shot.

Offline NixTheWiz

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • NixTheWiz's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Triumph Street Triple
  • Years Riding: 3
« Reply #5 on: 09/20/13 08:15AM »
Dainese is real good with their warranty but I think no company warrant wear and tear. The gloves are simply worn out and didn't fail because of a manufacturing defect.
“I could never love anyone like I love the road, because what I found on the road was myself.”

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800 (2001&2009) Ducati 900SS/SP (1995)
  • Years Riding: 30yrs.
« Reply #6 on: 09/20/13 08:23AM »
I always buy a "less expensive" (notice I didn't say cheap) pair of gloves for day to day use and use the "more expensive" race style set of gloves for sport riding and track days. My daily pair are Teknic Lighting gloves (<$100) and seem to be holding up pretty well, but my sport/track gloves Knox Biomechs (<$200) are starting to wear at the finger tips, I literally bought them both at the same time and would say that I wear the Teknic 5 to 1 over the Knox too. Although I can say that it's the top layer of leather on the finger tips that is wearing, but my point is cost doesn't dictate longevity. I like you, would expect the more costly glove to have less wear for as often as I wear them or last a bit longer, but the cost is probably due to the "name" and how difficult it is to manufacture them.

“You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave...”

Offline darula8

• 998cc
  • darula8's Gallery
  • UCLA alumni, Pepperdine grad MFT
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 07 GSXR 1000
  • Years Riding: 6
« Reply #7 on: 09/20/13 08:58AM »
I noticed last week the palm of my dainese gloves on the left hand has a hole in it. I guess I am not the only 1 upset.

Offline Parc Ferme

« Reply #8 on: 09/20/13 09:14AM »
~35,000 miles on a pair of dianese carbon somethings (119/pr).

silk-screened (cheap) logo on the left pinky is half worn off.  the felt under the left thumb is worn off. 

all leather intact.

no holes.

probably get another 5-10K out of them before i will replace.

these are my only riding gloves.

quite satisfied.

that's what she said.
hubcap diamond star halo girl lord flatbed ford beans heart fart

Offline unknown (formally known as MyMTS1200 My848)

« Reply #9 on: 09/20/13 09:48AM »
Bought these in 2010, one crash at fontana, 2 at adams (supermoto), no rips...no holes...no broken fingers...  :7:

2018 Ducati SuperSport S
2013 Husqvarna TE449

Offline The Cycle Guy

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • The Cycle Guy's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Daytona 675, DT-50
  • Years Riding: 40+
« Reply #10 on: 09/20/13 10:51AM »
My gloves are over 3 years old and are just now getting a small hole in one of the fingers.  But I only ride a couple times a week.  I've had Dainese jackets for years, they went out of style before they wore out.  Your gloves look like they've seen a lot of use.

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
  • I see what you did there.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 86 Vulcan 750, 98 VFR800 FI, 14 VFR800FE
  • Years Riding: Since Nov '11
« Reply #11 on: 09/20/13 11:41AM »
For the price paid I'd have probably expected some more longevity out of those. I ran some SIDICI (CycleGears "higher" end brand, not exactly good honestly) gloves daily for 6+months and they are in really good shape (daily riding as well).

I am running some Alpinestars right now and they are wearing great, but only 2 months old.

Offline Spyke★L

• Rock-N-Rolla
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Spyke★L's Gallery
  • Your friendly neighborhood Street Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Spyke
  • Bike: 2008 Kawasaki ZX-6R (SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki 636
« Reply #12 on: 09/20/13 11:59AM »
Thats some BS really

I have 2 pair of aplinestars gloves, both leather, one is a bit small now but I still use the other DAILY. my old gloves I used to wear for 2 years, daily, no rips no holes, no drama. My other alpinestars gloves I use DAILY and in the same condition, the only thing that ripped is the strap to tighten it and that's from me constantly pulling and readjusting it, for it fixed at anthony's for around 5 dollars and they are still holding up

Remember I ride with these gloves DAILY with 0 maintenance and at times even in the rain, they are short cuff and I sweat and freeze in them and they have no sign of wear and my commute is 30 mins each way in the worse of traffic at times

for the price of those gloves they really have to stand up to more than a year worth or riding.
« Last Edit: 09/20/13 12:01PM by Spyke★L »
Use discount code "PCDL14" to get discounts on your IMS tickets motorcycleshows.com

Offline Parc Ferme

« Reply #13 on: 09/20/13 12:12PM »
while i'm satisfied with my dainese gear, that looks like the leather just wore thin?  unless you're abusing them or have done 100K miles in the last 11 months, i'd expect dainese to repair/refurb them.

if only out of respect that you could do that to them in 11 months.
hubcap diamond star halo girl lord flatbed ford beans heart fart

HBguy

« Reply #14 on: 09/20/13 01:40PM »
Did you buy them on Ebay?  Chinese knock-offs?

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #15 on: 09/20/13 01:57PM »
As BCMC posted, by not allowing your gloves to air out, they will wear out fairly quickly.  I have 4 pairs that I regularly rotate: 2 commuter low cut gloves, 1 set of warm weather synthetic suede/textile gloves, and gauntlets for canyon runs.  My oldest pair are my Alpinestars SPS's that I've had for about 2 1/2 years, no holes just worn out suede thumb/palm pads.  The same can also be said for boots and helmets.  They all need to air out and rotated, especially if you ride daily...
« Last Edit: 09/20/13 01:58PM by Triple Threat »
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline knifun

• 749cc
  • knifun's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • The Parts Shoppe, Ceramic Bearings and More
  • Bike: HONDA CBR1000RR V-4
  • Years Riding: 50
« Reply #16 on: 09/20/13 02:52PM »
iloveherlogic, you shouldn't wear them for motocross.

Offline homegrownazzhat

• 998cc
  • homegrownazzhat's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2007 engined 2001 sv650s w/gsxr front end & 636 rear shock
  • Years Riding: 6
« Reply #17 on: 09/20/13 07:51PM »
cow leather > kangaroo leather

Offline unknown (formally known as MyMTS1200 My848)

« Reply #18 on: 09/20/13 09:06PM »

Marc Marquez's race suit is made entirely of kangaroo leather...so is most of the revit stuff, which I use...
2018 Ducati SuperSport S
2013 Husqvarna TE449

Offline Mud

« Reply #19 on: 09/20/13 09:31PM »

Marc Marquez's race suit is made entirely of kangaroo leather...so is most of the revit stuff, which I use...

Yes, It is thinner. they do it because of the weight. It always wears faster and most of the kangaroo suits are 1 time use.

Page created in 0.34 seconds with 65 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook