Topic: Stolen motorcycles in a foreclosed home of a police officer and firefighter  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Doyle Davison "Double D"

• Real Estate managing Broker asset mgr.
  • 749cc
  • Doyle Davison "Double D"'s Gallery
  • Doyle Davison
    • View Profile
    • Real Estate Consultant
  • Bike: 2007 R-1 GSXR-600 CBR-600RR crf250r wr450f UTV supercharged sport cat. jet skis
  • Years Riding: 30+
Awesome reporting by Brandon Ferguson with OcWeekly, a reporter solves two grand theft auto cases.

Garden Grove foreclosed home houses stolen electronics, motorcycle's, and even a bank owned Mercedes all illegally hidden at a Firefighter and cops home in Garden Grove.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2013/10/harley_davidson_garden_grove_a.php

DD

deadhand

Let the cop bashing commence.

Offline Repsol Joe

• 998cc
  • Repsol Joe's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 07 Honda Repsol
  • Years Riding: Over 25 years dirt. Street on and off since 02

Offline Snapshot

• Fogwalker
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Snapshot's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Matilda the Ninja 250
  • Years Riding: 38, Years Training Riders: 16
This certainly sucks. 

Have you considered hiring a PI to find him, and then starting civil action once you do?

Luck,

J~
“The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

Offline 1fastrider

• AFFATT: All Flip Flops All The Time!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • 1fastrider's Gallery
  • I only have to be faster than 1 person....
    • View Profile
    • Elite Riders
  • Bike: '17 S1000RR, '14 675R
  • Years Riding: 100 yrs
Let the cop bashing commence.
Nothing to do with cop bashing:  I hope the piece of crap thieves get what's coming to them.

Cop specific rant:  Cops and firefighters should be held to a higher standard and punished more severely than the average piece of crap
If you are offended by my posts that's your problem

Offline Hypermotard & Cecil

There it is again, CA "fake friendliness". In NY the dude would show up, hit you over the head with a helmet, tell you to f-off while you are laying there stunned, and then take the bike. Out here they make a friendship and then take it when you least suspect... If you are going to rob someone at least man-up and do it right.

Joking aside, I hope you get your bike back soon and the crook pays for his crime.

Offline brl0301

Awesome reporting by Brandon Ferguson with OcWeekly, a reporter solves two grand theft auto cases.

Garden Grove foreclosed home houses stolen electronics, motorcycle's, and even a bank owned Mercedes all illegally hidden at a Firefighter and cops home in Garden Grove.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2013/10/harley_davidson_garden_grove_a.php

dang talk about a misleading title...

I really doubt that BPPD was trying to protect the boyfriend of the ex wife of one of the firesighters from their city. If anything they would have been happy to take him to jail but like they said its more of a civil matter.
I love how people make dumb ass decisions and then expect the police to come clean up the mess they created for themselves and when it doesn't work out how they want they cry about it. Good luck in getting your bike back but the ladys son in law being lapd and her ex husband being a firefighter have zero to do with the fact that you are an idiot and let someone you didn't even know insure and ride your bike

Offline blamecanada

had you broken in and taken the bike, but not left proof of doing the same, you would have been fine.

unfortunately the police are not here to solve disputes (which would have worked in your favor, were you actually in possession of the bike).

Offline Hypermotard & Cecil

I agree, if you found the bike there it would have been better to just take it back. If they caught you then you could have told them that the guy that borrowed it told you to go retrieve it from there. Possession is 9/10's of the law unless you want to go to court.

I would think the legal owner can reclaim the bike. If title was never transferred then on paper and state records you are still the legal owner. I would think that you need to file a suit in court against the owner of the home, or whomever is in possession of the bike now, and treat it like a repossession. You may also be able to get an injunction to have the bike impounded until you can prove it is yours if they haven't already impounded it. Insurance on a vehicle does not show ownership, once you show proof of ownership in court and it is not contested then I would think the judge would issue an order to return your bike to you. The crook would need to show up at court and submit a contract, proof of payment, etc for him to retain possession. At least I think this is how it works... Good luck.

p.s - There are some good books on reading body language (Pease, Lieberman, etc). These books can help you to more easily detect when someone is lying to you. There is a lot of lying and insincerity going on out there! If you ever watched Judge Judy then you have seen a master of reading body language. That is why she always barks "take your hands out of your pockets!", their lips may say one thing but their hands or movements will tell a different story - and then she is on them like a dog on bacon!

Page created in 0.356 seconds with 45 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything