Topic: Careful, #Revzilla tacks on shipping charges when they price match.  (Read 2892 times)

Offline Two Hours Later

Twitter: @2HRSL8R

Offline Mud

Did you ask them about that? Could be an error, they are known for good customer service.

Offline Two Hours Later

I agree the level of service. When I asked them why the price they said they would match was higher it was because their competitor with the lower price was going to charge me shipping. So they would too. Check their website in the price match terms.

Offline Mud

I agree the level of service. When I asked them why the price they said they would match was higher it was because their competitor with the lower price was going to charge me shipping. So they would too. Check their website in the price match terms.
So they did price match then...? They charged the same price as the competitor.

Offline Two Hours Later

For the product yes. However, they ship free for purchases over $39.99. But not if they price match.
From Revzilla site: "Any applicable shipping and/or handling fees will be included when calculating the price difference."
The item was $60.00 to match. So it should qualify for the free freight. They added the $11.00 the competitor was charging for freight too.
Take it anyway you want but the bottom line is, the item should be $60.00 with free freight.

Offline Mud

For the product yes. However, they ship free for purchases over $39.99. But not if they price match.
From Revzilla site: "Any applicable shipping and/or handling fees will be included when calculating the price difference."
The item was $60.00 to match. So it should qualify for the free freight. They added the $11.00 the competitor was charging for freight too.
Take it anyway you want but the bottom line is, the item should be $60.00 with free freight.

I dont see how that even makes sense. Price is what it costs to buy it. Which is 71, not 60.

See it all the time online. People price them cheaper but charge more for shipping. Ends up being around the same price.

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
I dont see how that even makes sense. Price is what it costs to buy it. Which is 71, not 60.

See it all the time online. People price them cheaper but charge more for shipping. Ends up being around the same price.

Price is an arbitrary number set by the retailer.  In a brick and mortar, some are known as "loss leaders" where little or no profit is made designed to get consumers in the door.  In the online world, overhead is generally lower so they can price competitively with Cycle Gear and the dealers, but when going head-to-head with another online store that is not always the case.  Revzilla is making a smart business decision by matching the price across the board, they already account for shipping costs in their own priced items, otherwise the company could lose money trying to throw in shipping for free with the price match. 

Ultimately, it comes down to reputation, Revzilla has great customer service and reviews that offer peace of mind; that other retailer may not...
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline Droid

I agree with Revzilla.

There are tons of companies out there that make all of their money on the shipping.  Without exorbitant shipping, they'd be selling the product at a loss.  It's a disgusting practice.

How can you ask Revzilla to take a loss because some other company is trying to trick you with hidden fees?

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
  • I see what you did there.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 86 Vulcan 750, 98 VFR800 FI, 14 VFR800FE
  • Years Riding: Since Nov '11
They matched the out-the-door price. Nothing really to see here.  :2:

Offline unknown (formally known as MyMTS1200 My848)

I agree with Revzilla.

There are tons of companies out there that make all of their money on the shipping.  Without exorbitant shipping, they'd be selling the product at a loss.  It's a disgusting practice.

How can you ask Revzilla to take a loss because some other company is trying to trick you with hidden fees?

Than don't offer price match...
2018 Ducati SuperSport S
2013 Husqvarna TE449

Offline Bal949

• NooB
  • Bal949's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Yamaha R6
  • Years Riding: 9 Years
Revzilla priced matched for me on a full ti Akra. The site I referenced offered free shipping and no tax; also out of state. The only thing I did not receive from the purchase was the revzilla dollars.

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 50 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook