Topic: Help with making initial post the first viewed.  (Read 1196 times)

Offline 77 RD 400

• 749cc
  • 77 RD 400's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1977 Yamaha RD400, 1997 Honda CR250R
  • Years Riding: On-road since 2008, Off-road since 2002.
Hey admins, or anyone else really,

Every time I open a topic in a new tab, it automatically jumps to the newest post made in that thread.  *Note: I am selecting the thread title, not the "New" button for the thread.*   Maybe I'm wrong, but I could have sworn that there was a way to make the initial post in the thread the post that the page would automatically jump to.

How can I remedy this?   I can't seem to find that option in any of the Profile options. 

Thank you in advance for the help guys.

Offline 1fastrider

• AFFATT: All Flip Flops All The Time!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • 1fastrider's Gallery
  • I only have to be faster than 1 person....
    • View Profile
    • Elite Riders
  • Bike: '17 S1000RR, '14 675R
  • Years Riding: 100 yrs
Re: Help with making initial post the first viewed.
« Reply #1 on: 11/14/13 06:44PM »
Go to your profile, Look and Layout, see if box  "Show most recent posts at the top." is checked
If you are offended by my posts that's your problem

scott777

« Reply #2 on: 11/14/13 10:55PM »
Go to your profile, Look and Layout, see if box  "Show most recent posts at the top." is checked

I've always wanted it to work like how O.C. is asking, and this didn't make it work that way for me. It never made sense to me that it opens at the end of the thread and not at the beginning. They way it's setup now, if I click on a thread topic and that thread has 10 pages to it, it opens on page 10, so then I have to click onto page 1. That extra step is like geeeezzzz.... make me work for it. :13: Is there a way to make it open at the beginning of the thread; the original post first?

Offline ocswing

• 749cc
  • ocswing's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Street Triple R
  • Years Riding: 4
« Reply #3 on: 11/14/13 11:20PM »
If I open a thread from the "Recent Posts" area on the front page then it does what you're describing and goes to the newest replies. You'll actually see #new at the end of the url.

If I go into the forums and click on a topic then it opens at the first post.

I think this is pretty much working as intended.

Offline 77 RD 400

• 749cc
  • 77 RD 400's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1977 Yamaha RD400, 1997 Honda CR250R
  • Years Riding: On-road since 2008, Off-road since 2002.
« Reply #4 on: 11/15/13 01:21PM »

Nope, this puts the posts in reverse order, most recent first then they cycle through the previous posts.  Not what I'm looking for.

I've always wanted it to work like how O.C. is asking, and this didn't make it work that way for me. It never made sense to me that it opens at the end of the thread and not at the beginning. They way it's setup now, if I click on a thread topic and that thread has 10 pages to it, it opens on page 10, so then I have to click onto page 1. That extra step is like geeeezzzz.... make me work for it. :13: Is there a way to make it open at the beginning of the thread; the original post first?

This is what I'm after, I could have sworn it did this before, maybe it's just SVRider that does it that I'm used to.  Anyways it would be a nice addition to the site to have.

If I open a thread from the "Recent Posts" area on the front page then it does what you're describing and goes to the newest replies. You'll actually see #new at the end of the url.

If I go into the forums and click on a topic then it opens at the first post.

I think this is pretty much working as intended.

Notice that on the recent posts page, not every post has the "New" Button on it.  (Mainly threads without a second post yet)  I spend a good amount of time surfing the new posts threads so opening each forum individually to get to the one post per forum would be fairly time wasting of me.   

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 36 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything