Topic: Motorhelmets in Fullerton is the place!  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Israel Torres

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Israel Torres's Gallery
  • Si vis pacem, para bellum
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 Ninja 300 ABS & '05 FJR1300
  • Years Riding: 5 Years
Motorhelmets in Fullerton is the place!
« on: 11/27/13 07:48PM »
I just got back from Motorhelmets after rushing around looking for a spare helmet and to use for moto-gymkhana practice days. I had the exact helmet in mind and by the time I got off work all the places I researched that had the helmet were already closed. I was looking for: HJC IS MAX BT / Matte Black / Modular. I remember speaking to a few other riders and they gave high regard to Motorhelmets so I looked them up and decided to ride up from Irvine during Friday night + Holiday traffic in a cage (I didn't want to bring back the helmet in a helmet box on my bike).

As soon as I walked in I was cordially greeted by the staff and asked if I needed help finding anything. I saw the helmets and pointed to them and said that I'm looking for a helmet. They said yes that's where they were and that someone would be with me shortly to further assist me.

They weren't kidding they had the biggest selection of helmets and brands I've seen at a retail store to date (including Cycle Gear, Mission Motorsports, Cycle City). After browsing around for about 5 minutes Neno walked up and asked if he could help with anything. I explained what I was looking for (a cheap spare helmet) and that I needed it tonight. He walked me over to the HJC models after confirming the price range I was looking at and had me fit the helmet to make sure it was the same size I was used to. I asked if they had any others to compare against and we walked around and he showed me a few others, but I ultimately found that the HJC was the one from the beginning and picked that one up. I got it for a discounted price and also got a few shirts thrown in for the family.

In retrospect it actually took me longer to ride up and down than I spent in the store it was that quick and easy. I would have stayed longer to browse their huge collection of merchandise but I was in a rush to get home. I'll certainly be back. If you haven't checked them out for one reason or another I recommend you reconsider.

Offline Sonny600RR

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Sonny600RR's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 04 CBRf4i (SOLD), 05 CBR600RR(SOLD)
  • Years Riding: Never Enough.
Re: Motorhelmets in Fullerton is the place!
« Reply #1 on: 11/28/13 01:05AM »
Yep, great place!  Bought my gf a Helmet and gloves for a reasonable price and their service was great
Simple Smokes
    7835 Westminster Blvd
   Westminster, CA 92683

CALIFORNIA KINGS TATTOO
     3213 N Glassell St
      Orange, CA 92865
         Ask for ADAM

Offline GP

« Reply #2 on: 11/28/13 12:01PM »
I am finding that the gap between internet and retail shop prices is narrowing down considerably, to me it just doesn't seem right to try on a helmet at your local then order it off the 'net. Lolz

Heard way to many horror stories about flip helmets though, I couldnt imagine waking up one morning and thinking ... well, I will just wear half a helmet today! Just my opinion, no offence to the OP of course.

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800 (2001&2009) Ducati 900SS/SP (1995)
  • Years Riding: 30yrs.
« Reply #3 on: 11/28/13 12:14PM »
I am finding that the gap between internet and retail shop prices is narrowing down considerably, to me it just doesn't seem right to try on a helmet at your local then order it off the 'net. Lolz

Heard way to many horror stories about flip helmets though, I couldnt imagine waking up one morning and thinking ... well, I will just wear half a helmet today! Just my opinion, no offence to the OP of course.
I started a thread for people to list some of the local places they like to shop, mostly because it helps local business stay "alive" but also helps us when we do need to try on and get gear without having to wait for FedEx/UPS to deliver it. Considering the profit margins shrink when local places have to compete with no sales tax, free shipping, etc. the more we patronize local places the more likely they'll be there when we need them!
“You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave...”

Offline Israel Torres

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Israel Torres's Gallery
  • Si vis pacem, para bellum
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 Ninja 300 ABS & '05 FJR1300
  • Years Riding: 5 Years
« Reply #4 on: 11/28/13 01:51PM »

Roger that… here's my daily helmet (SHOEI Qwest) :

Here's the helmet I started riding with earlier this year:

I wanted a spare helmet that was modular. I used to have a H-D Modular helmet but it got seriously f'd up after my crash up @ Crystal Lake - the helmet brought a lot of things to mind (I used to wear a half-shell) but that day I decided to wear my full face modular… if I didn't I'd be missing part of my face.

Here's my H-D modular helmet after the accident (the only damage to my face was my nose got sliced from the internal sunshade) - as you can see in the video I flew off the bike after impact (bending the bars with my chest, then launching towards the guardrail and hitting the top of my head with the guardrail, then sliding on my face on the gravel until I slowed to a roll onto my back):

Here's the helmet I bought with the stickers I put on it today - I'll be adding a camera mount probably unless I want to mount the camera on my bike when using this helmet myself:

Different helmets have their place with different styles of riding. I know I won't ever be wearing anything less than a modular helmet. The half shell I have makes a nice conversation piece on the coffee table. Modular helmets are convenient for things like sport-touring, street commuting and moto-gymkhana. Anything more aggressive I'd recommend a quality full face.

*yeah I know all my helmets are black - last night I tried finding a cool green and white one to match my bike but it wasn't in the cards… the next one won't be!!!!

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #5 on: 11/28/13 06:50PM »
I have to agree Motorhelmets has the best selection!  But, a great local place for prices is Extreme Supply in Signal Hill.  It's best to call or email to let them know of products you're interested in seeing as their showroom is small.  I scored an AGV K3 as a second helmet for $100, the first paint scheme I ordered they were out of stock, after an email alerting me of this and a phone call, they found a similar replacement.  Great local business that puts some internet retailers to shame!
Every day is ride to work day!

HBguy

« Reply #6 on: 11/28/13 08:48PM »
But, a great local place for prices is Extreme Supply in Signal Hill.  It's best to call or email to let them know of products you're interested in seeing as their showroom is small. 
Do you mean their inventory is small?  Some places have a small showroom and plenty of inventory in the back. 

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #7 on: 11/28/13 09:15PM »
Do you mean their inventory is small?  Some places have a small showroom and plenty of inventory in the back. 

More like they have a few racks in which to try stuff on, but they do most business online, and a decent sized warehouse to support that.
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline Rat rider

• 50cc
  • Rat rider's Gallery
  • Luck is affirmed action.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Street triple / scrambler
  • Years Riding: Few years
« Reply #8 on: 01/05/14 01:01AM »
Had a great time at the bike night that they had few years back, food trucks, gear giveaways, price lowering,
I was bummed they are a nexx dealer yet had no smoked visor,
It's about the ride to a bike anyway.

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 40 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook