Topic: The dirt bike thread!  (Read 157298 times)

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 94 Yamaha YZ250 07 Suzuki DL650
Re: The dirt bike thread!
« Reply #20 on: 03/10/14 08:27PM »
Friday! Friday!

I'll wash my dirt gear tonight and pack it all into the gear bag!!
FREE $15 UBER CREDIT PROMO CODE: pon41

mbstr

« Reply #21 on: 03/10/14 08:40PM »
PLEEEEASE fuel up before hand and be prompt!!! Im picking up Lidia Wednesday or Thursday from Ken and shes fully prepped (A favor to you :)) Prep ahead and make it easy come ride day!

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03/10/14 09:40PM »
what time we leaving??

and Scott - are you in man?? we can put Lidia in backwards! but be prepared to sit 3-across in a regular cab truck for 1-1/2 hours

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03/11/14 01:51PM »
Todd - how far is Lucerne? I haven't been there before...would like to check it out

but I'm down for whatever - let's pick a location today!

mbstr

« Reply #24 on: 03/11/14 02:10PM »
Hour and a half Yeah lets do Lucerne or Gorman, Earlier the better Ill be done working and ready to roll by 8 at the latest!

Offline 92vx800

• 599cc
  • 92vx800's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1992 vx800
  • Years Riding: 1+ street. 11+ dirt
« Reply #25 on: 03/11/14 02:30PM »
First photo is me and my pops riding the hills of phelan two weekends ago. And the second is this past weekend in lucurne valley for the HBMC dual enduro. I love riding silverwood so whenever you guys go I'm up for a weekend ride up there.
Bummer we missed each other Saturday VERY COOL you ride with your pop :1: are you able to ride Friday? siverwood or Lucerne :26:

Most of his friends have pulled the "I'm too old to ride" card. So he has gotta have some on to ride with. Rule number one, Never ride alone.  I cant do weekdays, I'm on a monday-friday 8-4 schedule. Thanks for the invite. If youre not too sore come saturday i think me and a couple buddies are going to do cleghorn, but riding on the west side of the 15.

mbstr

« Reply #26 on: 03/11/14 03:43PM »
First photo is me and my pops riding the hills of phelan two weekends ago. And the second is this past weekend in lucurne valley for the HBMC dual enduro. I love riding silverwood so whenever you guys go I'm up for a weekend ride up there.
Bummer we missed each other Saturday VERY COOL you ride with your pop :1: are you able to ride Friday? siverwood or Lucerne :26:

Most of his friends have pulled the "I'm too old to ride" card. So he has gotta have some on to ride with. Rule number one, Never ride alone.  I cant do weekdays, I'm on a monday-friday 8-4 schedule. Thanks for the invite. If youre not too sore come saturday i think me and a couple buddies are going to do cleghorn, but riding on the west side of the 15.
Im hip to that rule :29: Been wanting to try that side I might take you up on that!

Offline Mud

« Reply #27 on: 03/11/14 03:47PM »

Im thinking of doing an enduro. I don't have desire to do haire scrambles or MX. Haire scrambles just look a bit dangerous with the dust from the desert from the videos I see.

How bad is dust during enduros and not being able to see? The time keeping seems like fun.

I was also looking at doing cleghorn west of 15 last weekend if lake arrowhead was icy. Went to arrowhead instead.

Offline 92vx800

• 599cc
  • 92vx800's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1992 vx800
  • Years Riding: 1+ street. 11+ dirt
« Reply #28 on: 03/11/14 04:14PM »

Im hip to that rule :29: Been wanting to try that side I might take you up on that!
Sounds good, Ill be out there regardless. Id love to do silverwood ( pinnacles or Pilot rock) soon though if your up to it.

Im thinking of doing an enduro. I don't have desire to do haire scrambles or MX. Haire scrambles just look a bit dangerous with the dust from the desert from the videos I see.

How bad is dust during enduros and not being able to see? The time keeping seems like fun.

I was also looking at doing cleghorn west of 15 last weekend if lake arrowhead was icy. Went to arrowhead instead.

Thats where the fast guys and the slow guys get separated. You either stay close enough to the guy in front of you so you can read his body movement to get an idea of the terrain. Pass the guy infront of you. Or back off until it clears and hope someone doesn't plow into the back of you. But the dust is horrid on the bomb start/ first loop. Once people spread out and find their pace it gets clear.

Cleghorn is nice riding though, a little rocky but nice. If you want to join me and some buddies (possibly Tod) you're more then welcome to tag along. we will probably be staging either at cleghorn or one more exit past under the bridge. DONT FOGET AN ADVENTURE PASS! They sell them at exit silverwood/138 right after the scales at the gas station by the Mc Donalds. its only 5 dollars, but then again the ticket they cite you for is also only 5 dollars. just a pain in the ass having to deal with it.

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03/11/14 08:09PM »
ARRRRRGHHHHH!!!!!

Todd - the camry overheated again...the truck is back out on loan until I fix the car...going to check with a radiator shop tomorrow, but if the camry's not done by tomorrow, I won't have the truck for Friday!

mbstr

« Reply #30 on: 03/11/14 08:35PM »
Go figure, My work trucks on its last legs 188k hard working miles, Been talking to dealers n such What a pain in the ass :13: No extra curricular activities for me unless I cop a ride or  get some new wheels!

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03/11/14 08:42PM »
we're NOT taking your truck!!!

it'll cost us like $35 in gas to take mine! plus it's got a hot setup in the back for carrying 2 dirt bikes...

I'll see what I can do tomorrow the camry

mbstr

« Reply #32 on: 03/11/14 09:01PM »
we're NOT taking your truck!!!

it'll cost us like $35 in gas to take mine! plus it's got a hot setup in the back for carrying 2 dirt bikes...

I'll see what I can do tomorrow the camry
How funny I drop at least $130 every work day in my rigg, Don't even look at prices anymore It doesn't matter at that point. A trip to Lucerne in my truck would make your head explode :32: :32: :32:

Offline Comp720

• I'm not always an assh*le... Just kidding go f*ck yourself.
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Comp720's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 02 Harley Road King, 2015 KTM 500EXC
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #33 on: 03/11/14 09:55PM »
camping at soggy this weekend if anybody wants to join.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well-preserved piece. One should rather skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride"!!!

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03/11/14 09:58PM »
my truck:

(212 miles round trip from Plum Tree ln) / 15mpg (estimated) = 14.13 gallons of gas * $2.40/gallon = $33.92

we'll split the gas...<$17/head

I gotta fix that darn camry!!

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
« Reply #35 on: 03/11/14 10:17PM »
Where the f*ck do you get gas for $2.40 a gallon? Last I saw $3.79 was a bargain.

"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Offline AlmosTryin

« Reply #36 on: 03/11/14 11:53PM »
CNG vehicle
Tattoos are like Motorcycle Mechanics, Cheap Ones aren't Good and Good Ones aren't Cheap.

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 03/12/14 12:38AM »
Where the f*ck do you get gas for $2.40 a gallon? Last I saw $3.79 was a bargain.

almostryin got it right - I have an F-150 that only runs on natural gas:

huge tanks in the back, but carpool lane access by myself, and as low as $1.57/gallon to fill her up: www.cngprices.com

but the best combo of cheap/close to Todd's place is in Garden Grove - and currently it's $2.39/gallon

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
« Reply #38 on: 03/12/14 09:30AM »
Got to love fracking keeping your fuel prices low. ( they will find a way to raise them though. Close down the gas lines in Ukraine start shipping gas to EU via ship from the US oh my the price must go up up up.) What kind of range do you have? I would have thought with "gas" your mileage would have been lower closer to 11ish.   
"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 03/12/14 10:39AM »
CNG does produce less energy combustion as gasoline, but it's sold as a "gasoline gallon equivalent": I'm buying the amount of CNG that equals the amount of energy found in a gallon of gasoline. So the $2.40/gge I pay for CNG is = $3.79/gallon of gasoline

CNG is also produced in the good 'ole US of A, we have almost completely reached our maximum stores (so the prices stay the same, or go down), and it's helluva lot cleaner burning

the range on most CNG vehicles is ~180-200miles...but I have an "extended range" F-150 with an extra tank under the bed, so it'll go farther. I usually don't go more than 260 miles with the gas light on because I don't want to get stranded. But for a 220 mile round trip for dirt bike riding, it's perfect...it's just not helpful for people that don't live or work near a filling station...for those people - a home filling station that hooks up to your houses' gas line is the best option. Plug in every day you go home, and never go to a gas station again.

Todd - I dropped the Camry off @ Pep Boys for a "overheating" analysis - $34.99...hopefully this should get sorted out by today

Edit 2: radiator leaking, needs new one...buying it now for $99.99, going to install myself...Todd - I should have the truck by Friday..let's go to Lucerne

Edit 3: Pep Boys quoted $508 for parts and labor to replace radiator and "suggested" to replace the thermostat...thermostat works fine, told them I'd go elsewhere for the radiator. So they price matched the radiator for $99.99 and I drove 5 mins down the street to the "immigrant" garage, showed them all the hoses/screws to connect/disconnect to replace it, and they said they'd do it for $70 in labor. Saved $338!!!

« Last Edit: 03/12/14 12:44PM by breakdirt916 »

Page created in 0.329 seconds with 58 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything