Topic: The dirt bike thread!  (Read 173940 times)

mbstr

Re: The dirt bike thread!
« Reply #500 on: 11/17/14 07:49PM »
Our old logo circa 2005 we mostly did numbers jersey lettering and chest protector ID plates for racers back then, I couldn't afford the printer  :13: ZLT was the company for graphics and they were killin it I haven't heard much from them since they moved out of their shop and into a garage when the economy hit the shitter :26:
« Last Edit: 11/17/14 07:53PM by RdTodd »

Offline kuma18

• Custom Title
  • 599cc
  • kuma18's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 83 Honda Shadow 500 - 86 Yamaha XT350 - 88 Kawasaki EX500
  • Years Riding: 1
« Reply #501 on: 11/17/14 09:05PM »
I keep up with this thread periodically and I'm super excited to get my bike going. It should be done pretty soon!

mbstr

« Reply #502 on: 11/19/14 09:40PM »
First jersey off the press today for Micha Davis a Sponsored rider since before he had any permanent teeth!

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 94 Yamaha YZ250 07 Suzuki DL650
« Reply #503 on: 11/25/14 03:47PM »
loooooooooking good!!!

also - has anyone been on a "dualies" ride?

www.dualies.com

seems like a good way to check out dual sport riding (plated dirt bikes only) without having to find the areas - just join one of their rides

I'd imagine everyone's going to flip a little when they hear a smoker coming on the ride, haha
FREE $15 UBER CREDIT PROMO CODE: pon41

Offline Irvine_Chris

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Irvine_Chris's Gallery
  • Let's go for a ride!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: *bikeless*
  • Years Riding: Since 1981
« Reply #504 on: 11/25/14 03:50PM »
www.dualies.com

seems like a good way to check out dual sport riding (plated dirt bikes only) without having to find the areas - just join one of their rides

I've checked out their site and rides and I agree, it looks like a great way to get my feet wet.  At this point I'm thinking I'll put DOT knobbies on my DR and spend a weekend riding around big bear.
Motorcycles motorcycles motorcycles

mbstr

« Reply #505 on: 11/28/14 08:24PM »
My faith in humanity is gone :6: My good friends from Three Bothers Racing are camping in Lucerne and last night my buddie Hayden had his brand new blinged out Ktm 450 stolen from camp along with his moms Honda 250, Frkn tweakers out there really bad these days..... What a  BUMMER >:(
« Last Edit: 11/28/14 08:25PM by RdTodd »

Offline Irvine_Chris

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Irvine_Chris's Gallery
  • Let's go for a ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 11/28/14 09:05PM »
stolen from camp

:36:

So sorry.

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 11/28/14 09:15PM »
grrrr...having had a car stereo and a bike stolen from me before, that is some f'd up shiet right there, and they should be tied down, beat up, burned up, then a slow painful death

got pics of the bikes so we can look out for them?

and were the bikes parked outside? anything they could've done?

when I go out to Gorman/desert/silverwood and leave my truck parked, I even chain down my ramp and any leftover bikes have lockstraps and a chain through the rear wheel

hell when I take the bike to Vegas, I was considering to drop the front wheel...they gotta cut 3 locks and carry the bitch if they want it!

mbstr

« Reply #508 on: 11/28/14 09:16PM »
stolen from camp

:36:

So sorry.
He must have been hammered cuz locking them up has been #1 since they were youngns I got the news from Tj today glad I didn't go, Poor kid hes still making payments on the bike!

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 11/28/14 09:29PM »
super shitty...if feels an itch to ride, send the message along that I'd be glad to loan him a bike and take him out for a day...

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 11/30/14 04:09PM »
oh mannnnn....I am looking out at cleveland national forest and the misty haze means there are some good conditions up there for riding...and maple springs is still closed...boooooo

mbstr

« Reply #511 on: 11/30/14 04:19PM »
Thinking Silverwood or Beaumont Wednesday, Just got my front shocks revalved.

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 11/30/14 04:34PM »
of course I'm working that day...but if it stays a little damp, conditions will be good!!

wisdom teeth pulled next weekend...working the following weekend...can't wait until December the 20th to ride again!

Offline Irvine_Chris

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Irvine_Chris's Gallery
  • Let's go for a ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 11/30/14 04:52PM »
oh mannnnn....I am looking out at cleveland national forest and the misty haze means there are some good conditions up there for riding...and maple springs is still closed...boooooo

I was thinking exactly the same thing; I wonder if a friendly visit to the rangers station might get a gate opened for some concerned citizens?    :17:

Offline brl0301

« Reply #514 on: 11/30/14 05:06PM »
My faith in humanity is gone :6: My good friends from Three Bothers Racing are camping in Lucerne and last night my buddie Hayden had his brand new blinged out Ktm 450 stolen from camp along with his moms Honda 250, Frkn tweakers out there really bad these days..... What a  BUMMER >:(
its only going to get worse now that prop 47 was passed...

mbstr

« Reply #515 on: 11/30/14 05:23PM »
its only going to get worse now that prop 47 was passed...
That area has been bad every since I can remember there are trailers on lots all over  with who knows what going on, We ride by them when were there some are really cool others are down right creepy!

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 11/30/14 06:35PM »
wow...just googled prop 47 - criminal offenders who commit property crimes are now just going to get misdemeanors...

why?

Quote from: CA
Saves hundreds of millions of dollars every year and funds schools, crime victims, mental health and drug treatment.

make pretty much no penalty for stealing someone's motorcycle...we gotta lock our shit up boys!

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #517 on: 11/30/14 06:57PM »
wow...just googled prop 47 - criminal offenders who commit property crimes are now just going to get misdemeanors...

why?

This probably explains the rampant burglaries that have been occurring in my neck of the woods, particularly in neighborhoods closest to the freeways.  My rule, don't just lock it up, but keep your valuables out of sight whether it is your bike or the laptop left in your car.  Also with security cameras so cheap nowadays it pays to have one installed properly (one that can get a clear face shot, or better, a license plate number) especially if you live in a high-risk area.
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline brl0301

« Reply #518 on: 11/30/14 07:12PM »

why?

This probably explains the rampant burglaries that have been occurring in my neck of the woods, particularly in neighborhoods closest to the freeways.  My rule, don't just lock it up, but keep your valuables out of sight whether it is your bike or the laptop left in your car.  Also with security cameras so cheap nowadays it pays to have one installed properly (one that can get a clear face shot, or better, a license plate number) especially if you live in a high-risk area.
Just wait until all of the addicts get resentenced and are back on the streets in the next year or so

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 11/30/14 08:21PM »
hmm...any recommendations on security cameras?

so far, I put extra d-rings into the truck bed, and put the stockton chain locks through there and slip it through the rear wheel of dirty bikes

I also use lockstrap tie-downs, so they'd have to get through a total of 3 locks to get the bike...and the main dirtbike that I don't mind leaving in the bed (even with all those locks) is street legal with comprehensive insurance coverage...oh yeah, and it looks like a rat bike...if it's really sketchy area, the front wheel comes off and gets put into the cab

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 57 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything