Topic: Buell 1125R, we may have to stop making fun of Shai  (Read 21964 times)

Offline Shai

• Everyones an Equal, Ride Together!
  • Founder
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Shai's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • OC Moto
  • Bike: Buell XB12R
  • Years Riding: 3
Re: Buell 1125R, we may have to stop making fun of Shai
« Reply #40 on: 07/14/07 06:25PM »
Im sorry but when I think of a fast bike, a Buell is not the first bike that pops in my head.

:-\

Cant support you on this one, i think orangecbr might be right

No, your right.  Eric Buell doesnt shoot for top speed.  His intention was never to make a bike that does more then 100mph becuase his philosophy falls along the lines of "Whats the point, how often are you legaly gonna do 100+".  So he focused on makeing the trip from 0 to 100 the best out there.

Thats why the buell is so differant.  I think I speek for all us Buellers when I say that were not out there to beet the R1 in a race, but rather enjoy the machine that we ride everyday.

Offline !Jobila

• 125cc
  • !Jobila's Gallery
  • Vroom! Vroom!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 Yamaha XSR900
  • Years Riding: 14
« Reply #41 on: 07/19/07 09:40AM »
Maybe if it wasnt so naked... its missing something in front.
I like my bikes the way I like my women... NAKED! The only thing its missing in front is a pair of titties!

besides... It's got a front fairing, she's still wearing a bra
« Last Edit: 07/19/07 09:56AM by Jobila »
Putt Putt VROOM!

Offline !Jobila

• 125cc
  • !Jobila's Gallery
  • Vroom! Vroom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 07/19/07 09:55AM »
If they quit using those HD engines, it's possible
The 1125 doesn't use a 45 degree HD engine, It's 72 degree h2o cooled engine designed and built by Rotax, it still thumps out tons of tork and it has a new 6 speed tranny. Rotax traditionally build watercraft engines so this should be interesting to see the longterm success of this engine.
Putt Putt VROOM!

Offline stOOpidCBR

« Reply #43 on: 07/19/07 06:16PM »
They also have never won any race that i have ever heard of

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
  • Proud member of the loose screw crew!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '07Ducati Monster 695 Dark, '04 Ducati Supersport 800 Streetfighter, '07 CBR1000RR (project),'07 Duc
  • Years Riding: lots
« Reply #44 on: 07/19/07 09:07PM »
Yeah, they only build about 1/3 the aircraft engines for small planes on the planet, and supply boat and kart racers with engines that win championships. Not sure WHY Buell would choose a nobody like that........ ::)
If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.  - Winston Churchill

Offline stOOpidCBR

« Reply #45 on: 07/19/07 10:35PM »
oh yea buell is such a great bike ::)

thats why all the racing teams are just jumping on them right? I guarantee buell will never make an appearance at a top notch race like moto gp or ama. They are basically the laughing stock of the racing community

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '07Ducati Monster 695 Dark, '04 Ducati Supersport 800 Streetfighter, '07 CBR1000RR (project),'07 Duc
« Reply #46 on: 07/19/07 10:43PM »
So was every Japanese manufacturer until they built bikes that weren't rolling doorstops.
If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.  - Winston Churchill

Offline stOOpidCBR

« Reply #47 on: 07/19/07 10:46PM »
who cares, as long as they perform as good as they do, nobody can talk shit.

and by the way, i never said jap bikes were the best. I believe italians make the best sportbikes. and sportcars as well.

Offline Shai

• Founder
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Shai's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • OC Moto
« Reply #48 on: 07/20/07 07:19AM »
who cares, as long as they perform as good as they do, nobody can talk shit.
Buells preform good, so why you talking shit?  HAve you ridden one?  If not then you cant say a word.

Mike, doesnt Rotax build the Aprillia and canam motors?
Jobila -  Any ideas why they went h2o cooled and not oil?

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 07/20/07 07:55AM »
Stoopid, I HAVE to agree the italian bikes are, all things taken into consideration not just straight line accelleation, the best. The japanese, just my opinion here, make great mass-produced bikes, but they lack feel. The bikes tend to be sterile. Fast, yes, but sterile. Efficient. Then again, Italy is a country that places emphasis on stylish design, and has for centuries. Ducati had a period where they made junk that wasn't worth the cost of scrap. They decided to get serious, and got back into the game with new designs and started winning again. I'm saying Buell is taking this seriously by going with Rotax. If it had been another HD paperweight, I'd be HELPING you bag on 'em, but to say that since they haven't won a race YET they are crap isn't being fair. They chose a proven winner to power the bike. At least let them go and win or lose before judging. I'm not one to say some unproven rookie is good OR bad until he goes out and plays. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for a while.

Shai, I know they did some aprillias, but not sure which ones. Have to research the can am stuff. I know in boat racing and small plane racing they are just about a lock for winners. The airplane enines are proven air-cooled powerplants. Buy a kit plane and a rotax is almost required. Liquid cooled bikes outperform a lot of air/oil cooled because the pressurized cooling system can a better heat transfer system. The more HP you pump, the better your cooling has to be. I know Rotax builds a killer air cooled engine, because small planes don't have radiators, by and large. Too much extra weight, and there is air flowing over the engine anyway, or else it would be on the ground.

Offline !Jobila

• 125cc
  • !Jobila's Gallery
  • Vroom! Vroom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 07/20/07 09:10AM »

Jobila -  Any ideas why they went h2o cooled and not oil?
Yeah, the same reason most manufacturers go w/ h2o cooled engines. It disperses head much faster, hence you can make a bigger bang and do it faster and longer w/out over heating your engine,
Notice that all air cooled engines, well all that I know of, are two Valve cylinder heads. On h2o cooled engines you typically have four Valves / cylinder allowing much more air and fuel mixture and much more efficient exhaust evacuation. Also, it allows us to tweak the timing between the two concurrent valves to create greater vacuum pressure w/ in the cylinder head thus creating a greater amount of force by which the air/fuel mixture enters the cylinder head. That equals more air and fuel / sq. in. which equals a bigger bang which in turn = MO POWA!!!

On the racing note>>> I am pretty close w/ some of the guys involved w/ the 1125 developement (close compared to most ppl). I'm pretty sure you're going to see it in moto gp as early as next year. they've been doing extensive testing on tracks like... hmmmm... laguna seca along w/ a few others? just a couple of the Buell community rumors.
My advice to the skeptic... Do some research on the engine and chassis setup of this bike and compare it to some of the ducati and Japanese's setups... Buell may be 49% Harley as somebody mentioned earlier but the difference between the two companies is that Harley banks on nostalgia, that's the only reason they use 1950's Tech, their customers want it and like it that way!
Buell does not and is not, and their customers want a bike competing in Moto GP and other circuits. Guess what, just like ducati and suzuki their gonna give it to them because in the end they're in business to make money and keep their customers happy. that's the bottom line. Right?
« Last Edit: 07/20/07 09:24AM by Jobila »
Putt Putt VROOM!

Offline Shai

• Founder
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Shai's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • OC Moto
« Reply #51 on: 07/20/07 09:23AM »
simple enough! LOL
Thanks for the explation!

Offline !Jobila

• 125cc
  • !Jobila's Gallery
  • Vroom! Vroom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 07/20/07 09:29AM »
I know Rotax builds a killer air cooled engine, because small planes don't have radiators, by and large. Too much extra weight, and there is air flowing over the engine anyway, or else it would be on the ground.
If only we could get a bike going as fast as an airplane all day long, I'm sure we wouldn't have to worry about overheating either;) LOL but then agian... don't we all try to get going that fast in the first place=)

Anybody interested in reading more about This from people who actually know what they're talking about here's a sight you can bet that Erik Buell himself gets on and reads as well as contributes to.
www.badweatherbikers.com
« Last Edit: 07/20/07 09:39AM by Jobila »
Putt Putt VROOM!

Offline Shai

• Founder
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Shai's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • OC Moto
« Reply #53 on: 07/20/07 10:08AM »
Yeah, BadWeb is the Buell site!

Offline njineermike

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • njineermike's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 07/20/07 01:17PM »
If only we could get a bike going as fast as an airplane all day long, I'm sure we wouldn't have to worry about overheating either;) LOL but then agian... don't we all try to get going that fast in the first place=)

We do try!!! LOL

+1

Offline Sophists

• 50cc
  • Sophists's Gallery
  • Got an itch that needs scratchin?
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Yam R-1
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #55 on: 10/22/07 08:52AM »
can't wait to test ride the 1125R.  but now, can't wait for next years models!  our sales manager went to the harley dealer show recently and was talking with some of the big boys, anyway they told him their gonna come out with a 160HP version of the 1125R. he didn't get full details so I don't know if it's a reworked 1125R for the extra power or if it's a big brother to it.  I just know I can't wait to see the thing....I mean ride the thing.  I'll let ya know more when I hear more.
My guess is there gonna up the motor to 1325CC, I know, bit crazy, but it is an american bike after all, and they gotta go big.

shokusah- any idea when the 1125 actually hits the dealer floor?

The dealer here in Oceanside tells me he's getting 2 in Nov, and 2 in Dec, this bike has peaked my interest as well.
How about I kick you in that fleshy patch that used to be your balls.  Punk cards are non-refundable, so don't bother asking for it back.

Offline Sophists

• 50cc
  • Sophists's Gallery
  • Got an itch that needs scratchin?
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Yam R-1
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #56 on: 10/22/07 08:54AM »
Hmmm, Chris has a point about the lights looking like an SV.......can't say I like that much but the rest of the body looks tight and totally different (still) than anything else out there which is the cosmetic beauty of the Buell.  I'd love to take it to the track!!

Shokusah - what kind of money are we looking at for this?

MSRP is just over 11.5k, not bad for a Buell price, very suprising actually.
How about I kick you in that fleshy patch that used to be your balls.  Punk cards are non-refundable, so don't bother asking for it back.

Offline Shai

• Founder
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Shai's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • OC Moto
« Reply #57 on: 10/22/07 09:05AM »
definately a great bike.  If I was buying a new bike definaetly the one to buy.  I rode and lowside one at the track and definately worth every penny

Offline meikailani

• "Mama Cougar"
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • meikailani's Gallery
  • OCMoto "Den Mother"
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 01 R6 & 05 GSXR 750
  • Years Riding: 26
« Reply #58 on: 10/22/07 09:14AM »
but is your buell still ridable.

Offline Shai

• Founder
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Shai's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • OC Moto
« Reply #59 on: 10/22/07 09:16AM »
oh yeah, It'll be street capable today!
I lowsided the 1125R not mine ;)

Page created in 0.383 seconds with 68 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook