Topic: Motorcycle Parking Spots?  (Read 6005 times)

Offline Brotocycle7

• 50cc
  • Brotocycle7's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
  • Years Riding: .25
Motorcycle Parking Spots?
« on: 06/29/14 01:43AM »
I don't know if this is a possibility but I was thinking maybe we can start a  post that might list out any motorcycle parking spots in specific plazas. That way we don't have to wonder/struggle to find a spot that might have a full lot?  What do you guys think? 

For example, I just discovered motorcycle parking at the Sand Canyon & Irvine Blvd Plaza. It's a small spot facing LA Fitness/The Counter.

HBguy

Re: Motorcycle Parking Spots?
« Reply #1 on: 06/29/14 07:00AM »
I park mine in the garage.

Offline Snapshot

• Fogwalker
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Snapshot's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: A quiet red truck.
  • Years Riding: 37, Years Training Riders: 15
« Reply #2 on: 06/29/14 07:36AM »
I don't know if this is a possibility but I was thinking maybe we can start a  post that might list out any motorcycle parking spots in specific plazas. That way we don't have to wonder/struggle to find a spot that might have a full lot?  What do you guys think? 

For example, I just discovered motorcycle parking at the Sand Canyon & Irvine Blvd Plaza. It's a small spot facing LA Fitness/The Counter.

That's not a bad idea, Paul.  I'd find it useful.

Please disregard what Steve (NLGuy) has to say.

Ride on,

J~
The first step toward learning much is recognizing that you have much to learn.

Offline harleyxlc

« Reply #3 on: 06/29/14 08:17AM »
Bass Pro in Rancho Cucamonga has half an aisle for them. I know, who goes there, but I was still oddly excited to see that.

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #4 on: 06/29/14 09:57AM »
Laguna Beach has dedicated motorcycle/golf cart parking off Ocean Avenue between PCH and Beach St, too bad it's not free...  :4:

Most unexpected motorcycle parking: IKEA San Diego has spots up front, maybe it's in case you have a craving for Swedish meatballs.
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline dougiefresh67

• 50cc
  • dougiefresh67's Gallery
  • Training Wheels Required
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 CBR1000RR
  • Years Riding: 31
« Reply #5 on: 06/29/14 10:05AM »
I visited Little Italy in San Diego this week and they have several free motorcycle parking spots. Not to mention great places to eat and sip coffee.  :24:

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800 (2001&2009) Ducati 900SS/SP (1995)
  • Years Riding: 30yrs.
« Reply #6 on: 06/29/14 10:13AM »
The Fry's Electronics in Fountain Valley has some right up front, not sure about the other Fry's locations as it's been a while since I've been to another Fry's store.
“You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave...”

HBguy

« Reply #7 on: 06/29/14 11:36AM »

Please disregard what Steve (NLGuy) has to say.

Ride on,

For the first time in OCMOTO history, I agree with snapshot.

That said, when in downtown HB you can park for free in the city parking structure that's across the street from 24 hour fitness. 

LAX has free long term parking and mototcycle spots but their website and employees are usually uncertain about it.  Long Beach and John Wayne have nothing. 

Sancho's Tacos just expanded their patio area but still has some space for free motorcycle parking by their patio area and 6th st. 

Regarding laguna beach, if you're in North laguna beach around or north of that husky burger place, you can find street parking in the residential areas but it's away from their main commercial area.  I go there with a beach towel and enjoy their more secluded beaches. 

During the summer, parking in Capitola is a nightmare but there's paid motorcycle meter parking there. 

I didn't want to sandbag this thread but many others have started and went nowhere so often.  I apologize for my pessimistic humor.

HBguy

« Reply #8 on: 06/29/14 11:39AM »
I visited Little Italy in San Diego this week and they have several free motorcycle parking spots. Not to mention great places to eat and sip coffee.  :24:
could you be more.specific as to where?  I love the.r esataurants in sd but never seen bike parking and I've lpoked.

HBguy

« Reply #9 on: 06/29/14 11:41AM »
Carmel has plenty of motorcycle parking during laguna Seca ecents.

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
« Reply #10 on: 06/29/14 11:42AM »
The Fry's Electronics in Fountain Valley has some right up front, not sure about the other Fry's locations as it's been a while since I've been to another Fry's store.

Anaheim Fry's doesn't have spots, but never had a problem parking adjacent to their front wall near the entrance.

HBguy

« Reply #11 on: 06/29/14 11:46AM »

Anaheim Fry's doesn't have spots, but never had a problem parking adjacent to their front wall near the entrance.
I see people try that in Downtown HB.  Dont let them inspire yiu.

Offline dougiefresh67

• 50cc
  • dougiefresh67's Gallery
  • Training Wheels Required
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 CBR1000RR
  • Years Riding: 31
« Reply #12 on: 06/29/14 07:42PM »
could you be more.specific as to where?  I love the.r esataurants in sd but never seen bike parking and I've lpoked.

India street south of Hawthorne, specifically.

Offline AWD OWNZ U

« Reply #13 on: 06/29/14 10:31PM »
The plaza in Irvine on Barranca and Culver has motorcycle parking in front of the California Fish Grill.

Offline The Stig

« Reply #14 on: 06/30/14 07:35AM »
Irvine spectrum. Parking garages have marked motorcycle parking right by the entrances.
Owning a liter bike is like owning a pet tiger. If you know it's a tiger and you treat it like it's a tiger you'll probably be OK. If you start treating it like a house cat then it will likely maul you, possibly to death.

Offline r0ckrat

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • r0ckrat's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • My rarely updated blog...
  • Bike: 2006 Suzuki SV650(n)
  • Years Riding: Since 6/4/2013
« Reply #15 on: 06/30/14 01:47PM »
LAX has free long term parking and mototcycle spots but their website and employees are usually uncertain about it.  Long Beach and John Wayne have nothing. 

John Wayne moto parking is right across from the door to Arrivals. Make like you are heading for Rental Return, take the entrance to the parking on the lower level, go around the gate and hang a right. Moto parking in the corner next to the stairs and elevators. To leave, head through the pedestrian walkway at the end of the parking exit ramp. I was directed to do this by the attendants.

Offline FlyingScotsman

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • FlyingScotsman's Gallery
  • Auto Club Speeway 29Aug
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 07 R1 Blue
  • Years Riding: 20 YEARS
« Reply #16 on: 06/30/14 05:24PM »

John Wayne moto parking is right across from the door to Arrivals. Make like you are heading for Rental Return, take the entrance to the parking on the lower level, go around the gate and hang a right. Moto parking in the corner next to the stairs and elevators. To leave, head through the pedestrian walkway at the end of the parking exit ramp. I was directed to do this by the attendants.
LAX http://www.lawa.org/welcome_lax.aspx?id=8702
Parking for motorcycles is free inside the Central Terminal Area parking structures.

When entering, drive carefully around the entrance gate arm and DO NOT take a ticket.  Do not park in a space for a car.  A motorcycle may be parked at the ends of rows, in corners, and in other spaces provided it does not block access to parked vehicles, handicapped spaces, Smarte Carte machines, passenger traffic, paths for the disabled, automobile traffic, doors, elevators, driveways, etc.  Parking violations will be issued to all offenders (Vehicle code 22507.8(b) & (c)). When exiting, drive carefully around the exit gate arms.  Entering/exiting a lot via a sidewalk is not allowed.

Long Beach Airport is not moto friendly  :20:
« Last Edit: 06/30/14 05:26PM by FlyingScotsman »

Offline Gone in 60

• 599cc
  • Gone in 60's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: BMW R1200R, Triumph Bonneville
  • Years Riding: 9 years
« Reply #17 on: 06/30/14 05:36PM »
If you guys are ever in mid-Wilshire, the Petersen Museum parking garage on Wishire/Fairfax is moto-friendly. Plenty of room to swing around the swing-down arms going in and going out. Nice place to park if you are vising Petesen, LACMA, La Brea Tar Pits, etc.

I've also been directed to go around the arms at Farmers' Market / The Grove shopping center at Fairfax & 3rd street, plenty of good eats there.
Lone Commuter of the Apocalypse

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07/08/14 09:24AM »
turns out, there is a way.

which I figured out, I think:  https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zWqKYRUhauZM.k5ddEPB9VDyE

anyone should be able to add a pin.

Added a pin for Laguna Beach, works like a charm!  :7:

Offline HBHieu

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • HBHieu's Gallery
  • ACH is now open!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '06 Triumph Speed Triple 1050, '06 Ducati Multistrada
  • Years Riding: 20
« Reply #19 on: 07/08/14 01:03PM »
Parking area for Downtown Disney shops and restaurants including House of Blues have a designated Motorcycle Parking (3 car stalls) area. Although it's free for first 3 hours and another 2 hours with validation, the attendants usually just waive me without needing the ticket. Entrance ticket sensor is a problem there also... Bike not enough to activate...

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 53 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook