Topic: Motorcycle Parking Spots?  (Read 5283 times)

Offline ocmonster

Re: Motorcycle Parking Spots?
« Reply #20 on: 07/23/14 10:24AM »
I'm planning to meet up with some buddies this afternoon to do a little fishing and cigars in Balboa.  Anyone have experience with parking around there?  specifically by s. bay front and coral.  https://www.google.com/maps/place/Newport+Beach,+CA+92662/@33.6047212,-117.892695,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x80dce06ed5f75d73:0xdf6c623769dcbf3a

Offline AWD OWNZ U

« Reply #21 on: 07/23/14 03:11PM »
Much to my delight I discovered that the Diamond Jamboree in Irvine has dedicated motorcycle parking last night. If you've ever been there you know it's an absolute nightmare of a parking lot to the point where it usually stops me from going. Anyway if you go in the back and ride past the entrance to the parking structure towards the end there is a hashed area that's marked off to the right. It's in the back away from people so I'm not sure I'd leave a high dollar bike back there at night but it is smack dab in the middle of Irvine so you might be OK.

Offline Sean-DP

• 749cc
  • Sean-DP's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: S1000R + Yamaha Star Bolt + Vespa 946
  • Years Riding: 2013
« Reply #22 on: 07/23/14 05:05PM »
Much to my delight I discovered that the Diamond Jamboree in Irvine has dedicated motorcycle parking last nigh

Oh wow thanks for posting. This place is a total nightmare, but I love going there regularly. Didn't know about this spot but will check it out. you really take your life into your own hands when you venture across that parking lot.  My favorite spot is the Seoul House (or possibly something similar with Seoul in the name), which has korean bar food and fusion korean/mexican dishes. It's a top notch place and I head over there for lunch on occasion, since I work in Irvine.

Offline AWD OWNZ U

« Reply #23 on: 07/23/14 05:14PM »
Oh wow thanks for posting. This place is a total nightmare, but I love going there regularly. Didn't know about this spot but will check it out. you really take your life into your own hands when you venture across that parking lot.  My favorite spot is the Seoul House (or possibly something similar with Seoul in the name), which has korean bar food and fusion korean/mexican dishes. It's a top notch place and I head over there for lunch on occasion, since I work in Irvine.

Tell me about it. I was turning around in the back because the parking structure was waaay full and noticed a lone motorcycle parked back there. I'm not sure if it's parking for Diamond Jamboree or the building next to it but I can't imagine anyone will hassle a bike there since it's a pretty big area and no signage other than "motorcycle parking." I haven't eaten at the Seoul House before, I'll have to check it out. Usually I go there for Ramen or Pho. Well I get dragged there by my gf because I hate dealing with the parking lot. haha

Offline Privateer

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Privateer's Gallery
  • God created Ducati to train the faithful.
    • View Profile
    • Two Slow OC
  • Bike: Ducati Monster
  • Years Riding: 9
« Reply #24 on: 07/26/14 08:14PM »

turns out, there is a way.

which I figured out, I think:  https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zWqKYRUhauZM.k5ddEPB9VDyE

anyone should be able to add a pin.

damn.  accidentally deleted my post when I tried to quote.

anyway, i went through and tried to label all the pins so you can search through the list rather than the map.

there's a bunch more on there now than originally.  thanks to those who have spent time adding locations.

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 94 Yamaha YZ250 FZR600
« Reply #25 on: 07/27/14 03:33PM »
How about near angels stadium?

Gonna catch red sox/angels on august 8th w' thomas
FREE $15 UBER CREDIT PROMO CODE: pon41

Offline RedRider4Life

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • RedRider4Life's Gallery
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '07 CBR600RR
  • Years Riding: 16 years
« Reply #26 on: 07/28/14 07:40PM »
How about near angels stadium?

Gonna catch red sox/angels on august 8th w' thomas
Up front parking for regular parking price. If only it were free.

HBguy

« Reply #27 on: 08/06/14 09:54AM »
Some damn 20 year old camry parked in a spot marked for motorcycles and occupied by 2-3 motorcycles daily today.   I had to walk an extra few yards...may God have vengeance!

Offline AWD OWNZ U

« Reply #28 on: 09/26/14 09:34PM »
Found another good one. The new Fig & 7th mall in DTLA has free motorcycle parking in the structure (which is well lit and guarded). Ride past the gate and there is marked motorcycle only parking by the elevators, on the 7th floor, there might be more than one location but that's where I parked. If you are feeling like a stroll you could walk to Staples from there in about 10-15 mins.

Offline KAVA

• 50cc
  • KAVA's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2009 Suzuki DL1000 Vstrom, 1993 Kaw KZ1000P
  • Years Riding: 20 years+
« Reply #29 on: 04/15/17 04:11PM »
UC Irvine Medical Center in Orange has designated moto parking in the parking structure and near the burn center. Moto parking here is Free

Offline Evilchilli

« Reply #30 on: 04/19/17 11:02AM »
The parking garages near Main street on HB are free for motorcycles.

If you park your motorcycle on a metered parking, your back/front wheel must be touching the curb. Bikers were cited for not doing so.

Offline r0ckrat

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • r0ckrat's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • My rarely updated blog...
  • Bike: 2006 Suzuki SV650(n)
  • Years Riding: Since 6/4/2013
« Reply #31 on: 04/19/17 05:59PM »
I was hoping this would pop up...

Downtown Disney parking is no longer free for motos. The gates don't necessarily recognize that you are there on the way in, but the exit guards don't let you out without paying.

>:( >:( >:(

Oh, and the security checkpoint for Disneyland/CA Adventure is now at the entry to DT Disney, and I'm assuming another at the Parking Tram loading area. Complete with metal detectors. They no longer have valet parking at DT Disney - that loop driveway is now closed to vehicles.

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 45 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook