Topic: How to file lemon law claim?  (Read 4855 times)

Offline karmazon

How to file lemon law claim?
« on: 07/17/14 01:29PM »
As the title states. My bike is broken for the 5th time since I bought it. It's had serious, life-threatening issues, first with brakes, now with intake/engine.

I was wondering if anyone has gone through the lemon law process and can provide me some guidance, or at least knows a good lawyer?

Offline FlyingScotsman

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • FlyingScotsman's Gallery
  • Auto Club Speeway 29Aug
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 07 R1 Blue
  • Years Riding: 20 YEARS

Offline karmazon

Re: How to file lemon law claim?
« Reply #2 on: 07/17/14 02:38PM »
http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/1_harley-davidson_recalls.htm?gclid=CMu6rsGYzb8CFcvm7AodkS4Avg

just one of many on google

I appreciate it, but it's about a recall of a different bike. I'd like to hear from people who have gone through the lemon law process.

Offline FlyingScotsman

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • FlyingScotsman's Gallery
  • Auto Club Speeway 29Aug
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 07 R1 Blue
  • Years Riding: 20 YEARS
« Reply #3 on: 07/17/14 03:01PM »
http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/1_harley-davidson_recalls.htm?gclid=CMu6rsGYzb8CFcvm7AodkS4Avg

just one of many on google
ok then here's a diy

http://oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/lemon

I appreciate it, but it's about a recall of a different bike. I'd like to hear from people who have gone through the lemon law process.

Offline unknown (formally known as MyMTS1200 My848)

« Reply #4 on: 07/17/14 03:11PM »
As the title states. My bike is broken for the 5th time since I bought it. It's had serious, life-threatening issues, first with brakes, now with intake/engine.

I was wondering if anyone has gone through the lemon law process and can provide me some guidance, or at least knows a good lawyer?

I did...about 5 years ago...against Land Rover...used lemonauto.com...took a year, but very happy with the results...the car was out of warranty, I think it was almost at the end of extended warranty...
also, no money out of my pocket for the attorney...
« Last Edit: 07/17/14 04:14PM by My848 »
2018 Ducati SuperSport S
2013 Husqvarna TE449

mbstr

« Reply #5 on: 07/17/14 03:21PM »
I been thru it twice with Ford 94/95  Diesel pickups (Shitty injectors and fuel separation issues) Ours was easy because these  trucks were shit we contacted a lawyer paid a nominal fee and he handled it all, Ill get with the wife later to try n get a name but that was quite a while ago just google Lemon law attorney :26:

Offline karmazon

« Reply #6 on: 07/17/14 07:51PM »

I did...about 5 years ago...against Land Rover...used lemonauto.com...took a year, but very happy with the results...the car was out of warranty, I think it was almost at the end of extended warranty...
also, no money out of my pocket for the attorney...

I been thru it twice with Ford 94/95  Diesel pickups (Shitty injectors and fuel separation issues) Ours was easy because these  trucks were shit we contacted a lawyer paid a nominal fee and he handled it all, Ill get with the wife later to try n get a name but that was quite a while ago just google Lemon law attorney :26:

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. From my research it seems like motorcycles in california do not fall under the lemon law but under the general beverly-song act as "consumer goods". Might have to hire a lawyer.

Offline Myroadrash

« Reply #7 on: 07/17/14 09:06PM »
^^^ Correct. Motorcycles Do NOT fall under the California Lemon Law.

I had the same problem you are in. Bike had a problem, in&out of the shop Constantly for over 7 months... Said Dealership was doing a terrible job..  Got the Suzuki Regional manager flown in to look at my bike.. 

Finally found the problem after replacing the whole throttle bodies system (~$2,000) which was covered under warranty.

There's nothing you can do.. hopefully your bike is still covered under the emissions warranty.
I'm a GINGER.... Why yes, that means I have no SOUL! MUAHAHAH

I'm pretty fly for a white guy.

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #8 on: 07/17/14 09:47PM »

I had the same problem you are in. Bike had a problem, in&out of the shop Constantly for over 7 months... Said Dealership was doing a terrible job..  Got the Suzuki Regional manager flown in to look at my bike.. 

Finally found the problem after replacing the whole throttle bodies system (~$2,000) which was covered under warranty.

There's nothing you can do.. hopefully your bike is still covered under the emissions warranty.

I was going to suggest this.  In addition, maybe you can send HD a tweet or message on their Facebook page.  A company with that much heritage and huge profit margins would not want to lose a customer.  Try escalating your case before lawyering up and wasting energy and possibly $$ with that.
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
  • I see what you did there.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 86 Vulcan 750, 98 VFR800 FI, 14 VFR800FE
  • Years Riding: Since Nov '11
« Reply #9 on: 07/18/14 08:03AM »

I was going to suggest this.  In addition, maybe you can send HD a tweet or message on their Facebook page.  A company with that much heritage and huge profit margins would not want to lose a customer.  Try escalating your case before lawyering up and wasting energy and possibly $$ with that.

I wouldn't expect much from HD. They've recently shown they no longer care about their core customer base by denying the dude his warranty claims over flags (which put less drag on the bike than a passenger does). He is the same guy that has the million mile HD in a museum. You'd think they'd take care of him...

Offline Myroadrash

« Reply #10 on: 07/18/14 01:44PM »

I'm pretty sure the only reason why I got the Regional Manager of Suzuki to come down is because my Father works For Suzuki HQ in Brea.. lol
I'm a GINGER.... Why yes, that means I have no SOUL! MUAHAHAH

I'm pretty fly for a white guy.

« Reply #11 on: 07/18/14 04:33PM »
Who said motorcycle are not covered? I'm I missing anything?

2018 Ducati SuperSport S
2013 Husqvarna TE449

Offline Andy

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Andy's Gallery
  • God created Ducati to train the faithful.
    • View Profile
    • Two Slow OC
  • Bike: Ducati Monster
  • Years Riding: 12
« Reply #12 on: 07/21/14 07:15AM »

D. WHAT IS A NEW MOTOR VEHICLE
The law discussed above applies to "new motor vehicles." (Certain limited protection may apply to used vehicles as described in Section 2.) The term "new motor vehicle" includes not only new motor vehicles but also demonstrators; the chassis, chassis cab, and propulsion system of a new motor home; and any other motor vehicle sold with a manufacturer's new car warranty. For example, a two-year old used car sold with the remaining one year portion of a manufacturer's three-year new car warranty would be treated as a new motor vehicle. The term "new motor vehicle," however, does not include motorcycles or exclusively off-road vehicles.

« Reply #13 on: 07/21/14 08:21AM »

D. WHAT IS A NEW MOTOR VEHICLE
The law discussed above applies to "new motor vehicles." (Certain limited protection may apply to used vehicles as described in Section 2.) The term "new motor vehicle" includes not only new motor vehicles but also demonstrators; the chassis, chassis cab, and propulsion system of a new motor home; and any other motor vehicle sold with a manufacturer's new car warranty. For example, a two-year old used car sold with the remaining one year portion of a manufacturer's three-year new car warranty would be treated as a new motor vehicle. The term "new motor vehicle," however, does not include motorcycles or exclusively off-road vehicles.

Got it, no wonder I suck at comprehension test and quizzes...
2018 Ducati SuperSport S
2013 Husqvarna TE449

Offline karmazon

« Reply #14 on: 07/25/15 07:57PM »
Just wanted to give you guys an update. I contacted a lawyer, and after months of back and forth communication between him and Harley, the company flew in an inspector from HQ, who went over the bike and couldn't wrap his head around the problem. Harley decided to fix what they could, pay me more money than the bike is worth new, and I got to keep the motorcycle. I promptly bought a new Yamaha FZ-09.

If you guys ever need a lemon lawyer, I know a good one.

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #15 on: 07/25/15 08:40PM »
Sounds like a win!  :42:
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline eddiemon

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • eddiemon's Gallery
  • Unofficial OCMoto Photographer
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 07 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #16 on: 07/26/15 11:02PM »
Harley decided to fix what they could, pay me more money than the bike is worth new, and I got to keep the motorcycle. I promptly bought a new Yamaha FZ-09.

If you guys ever need a lemon lawyer, I know a good one.

Yay!

Offline motomeek

« Reply #17 on: 07/27/15 05:49PM »
Nice! Congrats on the outcome and the new ride. Welcome to the FZ fam!  :42:

Offline GP

« Reply #18 on: 07/27/15 08:47PM »
That's great! approximately how much did you spent on legal fees?...Thanks!

Offline karmazon

« Reply #19 on: 07/27/15 09:21PM »
That's great! approximately how much did you spent on legal fees?...Thanks!

$0. By law the lawyer only gets a percentage of what I get.

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 66 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything