Topic: Suggestions for pet friendly rentals  (Read 2163 times)

Offline ‘77 RD 400

• 749cc
  • ‘77 RD 400's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1977 Yamaha RD400, 1997 Honda CR250R
  • Years Riding: On-road since 2008, Off-road since 2002.
Suggestions for pet friendly rentals
« on: 07/20/14 11:21PM »
Hi all,

I am hoping you guys can help me out here.  I am looking for an apartment that allows large dogs, more specifically an apartment that allows a Husky.  Most apartments I have seen don't allow large dogs and the ones that do allow large dogs have a list of "banned dogs".  Unfortunately these places don't list off what they have on their banned list.

So, rather than calling all of these places right off the bat I was hoping someone on here has had a similar experience and could recommend a place, or places, that allow huskies within the Orange county area. 

Thanks in advance,
O.C. SV650S

Offline r0ckrat

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • r0ckrat's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • My rarely updated blog...
  • Bike: 2006 Suzuki SV650(n)
  • Years Riding: Since 6/4/2013
Re: Suggestions for pet friendly rentals
« Reply #1 on: 07/21/14 10:03AM »
There are several in HB. Sandpiper Apartments is where I'm at (8081 Beach Blvd), and there are lots of dogs of many sizes here, including a wolf half-breed (gorgeous dog). 714.847.9595. Let them know I sent you. I've seen at least 1 other Husky here. Other larger dogs as well. I think pit bulls are the only ones they don't allow due to their insurance.

There's another at Oak Lane and Warner in HB that accepts dogs.

There's another closer to the beach on Warner as well, same management as Sandpiper.

Offline OCLOCO

« Reply #2 on: 07/21/14 10:40AM »
Lots of large dogs in my community. I live in the Salerno Condos in Foothill Ranch, lots of available units for rent.

Offline IQ ZERO

« Reply #3 on: 07/21/14 10:56AM »
Anaheim . They let pit bulls . So husky should be ok.

HBguy

« Reply #4 on: 07/21/14 02:23PM »
A lot of places in HB are big dog friendly.  Check the Springdale and warner area on the north side.  I can't remember the names but there are many.

Offline Adrian

• 599cc
  • Adrian's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Two Ducati 900 Supersports. '99 & '93
« Reply #5 on: 07/21/14 02:26PM »
Huntington Villas behind Olive Garden close to Beach & Warner in HB has many big dogs in the community. It's where where I live with my two dogs.

Offline Drftfan

« Reply #6 on: 07/21/14 04:05PM »
Reniannce in orange allows huskys. 

Offline 武士道 Bushidou

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • 武士道 Bushidou's Gallery
  • GO CRIPPLE CLUB!
    • View Profile
    • Wolfmoon Portraits
  • Bike: '02 Honda CBR600 F4i
  • Years Riding: Since November 2008
« Reply #7 on: 07/21/14 04:32PM »
Want to move to fountain valley?  need a roommate?  Lol   I'm looking for a room to rent in Fountain Valley and I love huskies  :P  I had an Alaskan Malamute/grey wolf mix who was my pride and joy :)

Trek

« Reply #8 on: 07/21/14 06:11PM »
Ya there's a TON of places that accommodate larger dogs. If I were you, I would first focus in on the neighborhood you would like to live in, then worry about the dog situation. Off the top of my head, 1 out of 3 or 4 places should take your dog. I had a Husky... Great Dog! :7:

Offline r0ckrat

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • r0ckrat's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07/22/14 07:42AM »
Huntington Villas behind Olive Garden close to Beach & Warner in HB has many big dogs in the community. It's where where I live with my two dogs.

I think Huntington Villas was the other place I was thinking about. PumpIron01, I think you are getting a new Manager in a week or 2. If it is the one I think it is. If so, when she gets there tell Tina that Steve and Wendy say Hi. Really sweet lady.

Edit: The place I was thinking of is called "Las Brisas Apartments" on Algonquin in HB.
« Last Edit: 07/22/14 08:28AM by r0ckrat »

Offline Adrian

• 599cc
  • Adrian's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07/22/14 10:44AM »

I think Huntington Villas was the other place I was thinking about. PumpIron01, I think you are getting a new Manager in a week or 2. If it is the one I think it is. If so, when she gets there tell Tina that Steve and Wendy say Hi. Really sweet lady.

Edit: The place I was thinking of is called "Las Brisas Apartments" on Algonquin in HB.

We just got a new young manager about a year ago she's okay. The Huntington Villas are managed by UDR and it's a large ~500 unit complex. There's another complex close on Warner (I'm on Beach side) also managed by UDR. Likely pet friendly as well

Offline ‘77 RD 400

• 749cc
  • ‘77 RD 400's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07/22/14 06:17PM »
Wow, you guys came to the call.  I appreciate all of the responses. 

@rOckrat:   Your not trying to get me on board just to get your '$10/month cable discount' for referring a friend, are you?  Hah.  Possibly two SV's in the same complex?  Woot Woot! 

@Nick Hill:   But are the large dogs the typical "dangerous and banned" dogs?  I know of places that allow large dogs in my area, but they specifically list huskies and some other large dogs as being banned from their establishments.  That's the issue I'm running into.

@Drftfan:  Excellent suggestion!  Unfortunately, they don't show any openings available.  That being said, I'm not looking for an immediate opening so hopefully they will become available by the time I am ready to switch houses.

@Bushidou:  I wish! I have to wait until I get a job that can support a move, which if all goes well should be in the next few weeks.  I love my Husky.  He's a mix with something, not sure what, but he just isn't as fluffy or fat as the other huskies i've seen; very long and thin.  He's also pretty lazy and quiet for a husky.  We have had him for just over 6 months now and he certainly a slight bit dumb, but in a funny good way.

Thanks for all of the input guys, it is greatly appreciated. With any lucky I should be up and in a new place in a few months.  I like to plan ahead so asking now allows me to shop if you will.

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
« Reply #12 on: 07/22/14 09:19PM »
Thats not a Husky it's a mixed breed and they are welcome everywhere  :7:  :32:
"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Offline ‘77 RD 400

• 749cc
  • ‘77 RD 400's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07/22/14 10:58PM »
I know he isn't full husky, most of him looks husky though.  I don't know what he is mixed with, don't honestly care either, but he sure is a ball of fun.   I've found that most apartments that list bad dogs off will list either husky specifically or say that no mixes of the husky breed are allowed.  Obviously people are either getting around that or finding places that allow such dogs. 

And of course, one photo to show how much of a "herpy derpy" he is.

Offline Adrian

• 599cc
  • Adrian's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07/23/14 12:15AM »
That's definitely a wolf. Better let it go back in the woods before it eats a baby.

Offline r0ckrat

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • r0ckrat's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 07/23/14 07:40AM »
Looks more like a Siberian Husky than a Malamute (what people typically think of as "Huskies") - The Siberian's are leaner, and don't get quite as large, the Malamute's are the ones that commonly have two colors of eyes. Gorgeous puppy!

No, not angling for any referrals, not that I'd turn it down. More SV's are always welcome in my neighborhood! There's a yellow '05S down the street, too...
 :44:

Offline 武士道 Bushidou

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • 武士道 Bushidou's Gallery
  • GO CRIPPLE CLUB!
    • View Profile
    • Wolfmoon Portraits
« Reply #16 on: 07/23/14 09:39AM »
I've had a lot of experience with Huskies and Malamutes, and I can tell you, unless you know where he came from and that one of his parents was mixed, that surely is a Husky :)  I see nothing mixed in with him.  No wolf or Malamute. :)  Gorgeous dog!   Huskies are naturally more slender and smaller than other Northern dog breeds.  Sure, there are a few beefier Huskies out there, but they generally tend to be small in stature--on the small side of large dogs, or the large side of medium dogs.   Malamutes are designed for pulling heavy duty loads, and thus are much larger and more muscular--some getting to be over 120, or even 150+ lbs.

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #17 on: 07/23/14 09:54AM »
Nice lookin' pooch!  I've owned Siberian huskies and husky mixes most of my life and there is no coloring or variation in build that would indicate a mix.  Those pure, blue eyes are also a give-away.  I would keep searching, my homeowner's insurance wouldn't insure me if I had a pure husky or chow chow, I had a mix of both breeds and they insured me.  You should also look into renting a house and possibly getting roommates if the costs are too much.

Good luck,
~L
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline H-2 Charlie

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • H-2 Charlie's Gallery
  • THE BADDEST BIKE ON THE PLANET
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Beemer S1K
« Reply #18 on: 07/23/14 10:16AM »
  my bud had a husky  mostly a yard dog , it chewed thru a new chain link fence to get out and  wander .  They are a true wild bread and can not be contained .
MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

Offline 武士道 Bushidou

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • 武士道 Bushidou's Gallery
  • GO CRIPPLE CLUB!
    • View Profile
    • Wolfmoon Portraits
« Reply #19 on: 07/23/14 10:57AM »
Hmmmm...  They can be contained. They are not "wild." They are a fully domesticated breed of dog.  However, they require a LOT of attention, exercise, mental stimulation, a firm, but loving hand to guide them, and proper training. Huskies and Malamutes are high-maintenance.  Because of their close ties to wolves, they are very needy in that they have a strong pack mentality and cannot be left home alone or by themselves for long periods of time.  They MUST have their "pack" with them. We could never leave our Malamute home alone for more than 4, maybe 5 hours tops in a day.  Also, in relation to their ties with wolves, they are highly intelligent and require mental stimulation and being engaged daily.  They are NOT outdoor only dogs that you can just stick in your backyard and just feed and expect them to be satisfied with that.  They WILL become very unhappy, and stressed out, and an unhappy, stressed dog is a destructive dog that also may try to escape.

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 64 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything