Topic: Motorcycle Supershop (StoopidShop)  (Read 2010 times)

HBKwaka

Motorcycle Supershop (StoopidShop)
« on: 08/08/14 09:07AM »
So I ordered an Scorpion EXO110 on 31JUL. It arrived 7AUG. When I opened the outer shipping box the manufacturer box looked ragged. I open it and removed the helmet. Looked to be in new shape. I then began to inspect the helmet. I found the left side of the internal foam to be broken and what looks like an impact to that area like it was dropped or deliberately hit. The lining in both ear areas was mis aligned as well. I immediately called MSS. I then began a dialogue with a rep about a RMA to return the helmet. I then was told that once they(MSS) received the helmet they would decide to issue a refund or not. I asked how does that work? What if you decide not to refund me and then you have a broken helmet and my money? He then told me a refund would take 2-3 weeks? I asked once the RMA is scanned by UPS why couldn't a refund be issued immediately like Amazon? He then began a dance around. I asked for a supervisor and he hung up on me. I boxed up the POS and within 30 min. of delivery and inspection I had delivered to UPS for returned, It was scanned and recorded. I called back when I got home and got another rep who completely resolved the issue like I had initially suggested and apologized. He asked if I wanted a replacement and I said no I prefer a refund and will go somewhere else. I was pre warned about Motorcycle Stoopidstore but I prefer to give the benefit of a doubt. I can say now stay away from this place. Their prices are not all that good anyways but customer service is CRAP. I attached some visuals for reference.
« Last Edit: 08/08/14 09:15AM by HBKwaka »

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
Re: Motorcycle Supershop
« Reply #1 on: 08/08/14 09:18AM »
You're talking about Motorcycle Superstore, correct?  I've ordered tires and tools from them and never had an issue. 

For helmets online or locally, I recommend Extreme Supply in Signal Hill.  I've ordered clearance helmets from them in the past, and if there was an issue such as an out of stock or with a liner (as in a Scorpion I purchased from them recently) when I ordered online, they were quick to call or email me.  Great company, and if you go to their showroom with cash, they won't charge sales tax!  :29:
Every day is ride to work day!

HBKwaka

Re: Motorcycle Supershop (StoopidShop)
« Reply #2 on: 08/08/14 09:38AM »
Yep that's them. The dude I first dealt with was an assclown. Funny you had a liner issue with a Scorpion helmet as well. Either way there are plenty of other places for me to shop.

Offline ocswing

• 749cc
  • ocswing's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Street Triple R
  • Years Riding: 4
« Reply #3 on: 08/08/14 09:48AM »
My preferred online retailer is Revzilla. Their prices aren't the greatest, but their customer service is. And their youtube videos are great for learning about gear.

HBguy

« Reply #4 on: 08/08/14 10:02AM »
I've never bought from revzila but like their informative videos.   I do most of my gear buying from motorcyclegear.com....never had a problem, never heard of anyone having a problem.  Customer service is excellent, even thought they're from texass.  Killer discounts also in the emails.

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800 (2001&2009) Ducati 900SS/SP (1995)
  • Years Riding: 30yrs.
« Reply #5 on: 08/08/14 10:57AM »
Like with most things, shopping experiences are different for everyone, even with the same person and the same store. I have ordered from many online stores and shopped local places (brick and mortar) and for the most part I have not had any issues with any of the more established places.  I have shopped at Revzilla, Sport Bike Track Gear, Motorcycle Gear and  MSS without any hassles.  That being said the 3 online stores I have never had any issues with, whether it be shipping, order accuracy or even when returns were involved, have been Revzilla, Sport Bike Track Gear and Motorcycle Gear. The only issue I ever had with MSS was when I ordered a jacket that took quite a long time to receive, but in this case it was my mistake as their website said "available". I made the assumption that it meant available in their store, not some manufacturer's warehouse. I come to find a few other stores having a similar nomenclature, where "available" means like I mentioned, but "in stock" means that the store or even their remote warehouse has it ready for shipping. The issue for me with MSS was that I had to call them when it hadn't arrived within a reasonable amount of time, but in their eyes it wasn't an issue, because the order was processed and I accepted the terms of the sale, which is an accurate statement.

Ultimately, you have to look at the end result, yes you had the a$$hat who hung up on you, but it sounds like the other rep took care of your issue, so in a sense you were taken care of. One thing to note, you should never just return something without getting an RMA or other form of authorization i.e. an email with an approval or some sort of tracking method, as most places do not just accept returns without some form of RMA number on the box. You could actually create more drama when you do this, as without a record of your "authorized" return, the package could end up in some bin in the warehouse without any way to track and confirm that your package was received for a refund/exchange or whatever. Thus creating a delay in issuing you a refund or exchange as to them, your package was not returned properly and it may take a few days to go through said bin.

“You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave...”

HBKwaka

« Reply #6 on: 08/08/14 11:49AM »
I didn't return it until the RMA was printed. I know better. My beef was waiting 2-3 weeks for a refund that they would determine if I so deserved one. I didn't jack up the helmet. Someone or thing did. I think it was a prior return. I ALWAYS inspect everything I buy. Yeah they finished the "deal" but my patronage is my choice so I go elsewhere. I am flexable with most problems but downright disrespect gets the biting end of the serpent.

Offline Snapshot

• Fogwalker
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Snapshot's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Matilda the Ninja 250
  • Years Riding: 38, Years Training Riders: 16
« Reply #7 on: 08/08/14 12:17PM »
I do like your sig line.  Horatius ftw!

J~
“The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08/08/14 01:02PM »
I didn't return it until the RMA was printed. I know better. My beef was waiting 2-3 weeks for a refund that they would determine if I so deserved one. I didn't jack up the helmet. Someone or thing did. I think it was a prior return. I ALWAYS inspect everything I buy. Yeah they finished the "deal" but my patronage is my choice so I go elsewhere. I am flexable with most problems but downright disrespect gets the biting end of the serpent.
This sentence made it sound like you didn't get the RMA first..."I boxed up the POS and within 30 min. of delivery and inspection I had delivered to UPS for returned, It was scanned and recorded. I called back when I got home and got another rep who completely resolved the issue like I had initially suggested and apologized."

I totally agree that you can patronize any shop that you want and I was not trying to defend MSS, just saying that your issue was resolved, albeit not to your satisfaction but I've heard stories where the shopper never even got as far as you did! I must say though, the online store I have the best feeling about and would recommend without any reservation, is Revzilla. Their ship times, accuracy of shipment and customer service are top notch, of course I'm sure you'll find stories where others have a different experience! STG is another store I can trust, and even had to do an exchange with them, although at the time their exchange policy was a little different, I still wouldn't hesitate shopping there.

To go along with your "if you deserve a refund" part of the story, I had a similar issue with Unocal where my gas card was duplicated and someone was using it to buy loads of gas, we're talking $90-$100 dollars at a time and more than once in the same day and at the same location. When I brought this to Unocal's attention, they said they would investigate it and if it was "proven" that I was not responsible, they would remove the charges. To add insult to injury, they suspended my account and were considering me a "delinquent" account until this was cleared up! WTF?! When I brought up the number of charges and the location of all of these charges, somewhere in the SFV and someplace I have never gotten gas at, let alone multiple times, I was still told that they needed to investigate it and it could take over a month! Again, my card was suspended during this time and I was not considered "free" from these charges until they could prove it wasn't me! As much as I hated the situation, this is the reality of it, most companies don't just hand back money until they know the whole situation, not just your side of it.

HBKwaka

« Reply #9 on: 08/08/14 01:22PM »
Well rep #1 should be fired. Rep #2 promoted. Refund issued today. Yeah shoulda read my sentence. It does sound like I sent without coverage. Revzilla has killer vids. Cycle Gear takes my Military Star card so that's my direction. I use these guys for OEM parts.

http://themall.worldofpowersports.com/?mv_source=Exchange

I get the mil discount and free shipping.

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08/08/14 09:25PM »
Well rep #1 should be fired. Rep #2 promoted. Refund issued today. Yeah shoulda read my sentence. It does sound like I sent without coverage. Revzilla has killer vids. Cycle Gear takes my Military Star card so that's my direction. I use these guys for OEM parts.

http://themall.worldofpowersports.com/?mv_source=Exchange

I get the mil discount and free shipping.
I agree with your assessment on the reps, glad you got your refund too.  BTW, Sport Bike Track Gear has a military discount program and thanks for your service to our country.

Cheers!

Offline SplittinglanesMMM

« Reply #11 on: 04/14/15 05:21PM »
Hit up JC Motors in Irvine They have great pricing and will usually meet any price

Offline Parc Ferme

« Reply #12 on: 04/14/15 06:11PM »
i thought 30 days was kinda standard RMA turnaround?
hubcap diamond star halo girl lord flatbed ford beans heart fart

Offline RizinSun

• Team Green
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • RizinSun's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R *Fiona*
  • Years Riding: 11
« Reply #13 on: 04/15/15 12:32PM »
Ditto on JC Motors. 

IL

2008 ZX10R Fiona
2005 ZX6R Scarlett RIP 4/25/08

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 48 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook