Topic: Looking to buy a Tiger!  (Read 1417 times)

Offline DarthDanger

Looking to buy a Tiger!
« on: 05/05/15 04:14PM »
So a dealer had me watch this 30 min video of two guys ripping around on Triumph Tiger 800's and I have to say, I want one, they are beyond bad ass. Here is a link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTvYAcJOx3s

I stopped into Ducati/Triumph Newport Beach and talked to Bryan (who showed me the video and was a pleasure to deal with) and got instantly excited. I have ridden GS BMW models before and although they are good bikes, the motor feels as if it was pulled out of some farm equipment. I also rode the Multistrada (which was a blast) but more sport than i need.

I rode both the 800 and 1200 Tigers that day and have a hard time choosing, both are phenomenal in their own way; the 800 is very light with very smooth power and the 1200 shares the smoothness but with more punch and allows me to take it on much further trips.

I want to do light adventure riding, but have the ability to travel if I need. This will also be an everyday bike.  The dealer has some great deals going on both models with some seriously low pricing. I know that I want to buy and that I will probably buy from them, but I cannot make up my mind on which model.   Any advice??

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
  • I see what you did there.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 86 Vulcan 750, 98 VFR800 FI, 14 VFR800FE
  • Years Riding: Since Nov '11
Re: Looking to buy a Tiger!
« Reply #1 on: 05/05/15 04:17PM »
No idea on what model to choose, but I am very happy with how I am treated by Newport Ducati/Triumph.

Offline hh97

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • hh97's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Anything that runs
  • Years Riding: 5 years
« Reply #2 on: 05/05/15 09:37PM »
I have a 2012 Tiger 800 XC and love it, and I am now the Triumph sales rep at SoCal Motorcycles, the #1 Triumph Dealership in the nation 8 year running.
The guys ditched me. I am now lost, cold and all alone. It is getting dark and I hear laughing. Please send help.

[IMG]http://i10

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #3 on: 05/05/15 09:43PM »
I had a great experience with Triumph Newport Beach as well.  Since you mentioned doing light ADV riding, the Tiger 800 will likely suit all your needs, plus weighing almost 100 lbs less than the 1200 will make it less cumbersome off pavement.  The 1200 is probably overkill unless you plan on doing more two-up riding or covering some serious miles, besides it looks like you've got plenty of power already in your garage...  :46:   
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 94 Yamaha YZ250 07 Suzuki DL650
« Reply #4 on: 05/05/15 09:51PM »
uhh...sounds like you're more of a street rider most of the time

go with the 1200
FREE $15 UBER CREDIT PROMO CODE: pon41

Offline Parc Ferme

hubcap diamond star halo girl lord flatbed ford beans heart fart

Offline DarthDanger

« Reply #6 on: 05/06/15 01:45PM »
this guy can get you a tiger... easy

HA! I would love to have a real tiger to ride into battle (or protect my home) but I may have to stick to something more mechanical and less hungry. :29:

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 42 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything