Topic: Any recent experiences @ LA Cyclesports?  (Read 933 times)

Offline IslandTosh

• 125cc
  • IslandTosh's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 Triumph Street Triple R, '04 Ninja 250 (I think she's jealous)
  • Years Riding: Since July 2013
Any recent experiences @ LA Cyclesports?
« on: 05/11/15 01:42PM »
Hi all,

Anyone have recent experience with the bike sales department at LA Cyclesports on La Cienega?  I searched the forum, but most-recent posts (from what I found) are from 2013.

I've been on the phone with them twice now, and both times I've gotten off the phone feeling like I'd rather not do business with them. I'm just wondering if there might be specific salespeople to avoid (or ones that are recommended), or if I should just avoid them altogether.

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800 (2001&2009) Ducati 900SS/SP (1995)
  • Years Riding: 30yrs.
Re: Any recent experiences @ LA Cyclesports?
« Reply #1 on: 05/11/15 04:04PM »
If you're getting that "rather not do business with them" feeling, maybe that is a hint of what you should do. Of course you could be talking with someone who really shouldn't be talking on the phone, so maybe someone will chime in and give you a better contact to speak with. I typically follow my gut feeling. I would rather pay a little extra knowing I have no reservations of who I'm dealing with.
“You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave...”

« Reply #2 on: 05/11/15 04:10PM »
I work down the street from them. I've been there twice, once on emergency. I didn't really get the feeling I'd be going back after the 2nd time. Too distracted, not really screaming professional, lack of gear/bikes/parts/etc

but it's just my opinion, try them out, you never know

Offline dclsfv

« Reply #3 on: 05/11/15 06:08PM »
I had a great experience with LA CycleSports this past February.  I've been on their e-mail distribution for some time and finally pulled the trigger on a bike.

There was a low price on a new leftover '13 SFV650 and I emailed asking for the out-the-door cash price; got an e-mail back from the owner (Roger).  They came back with a quote and expiration date.  I was in the middle of trying to decide between the SFV650 and another bike at a different dealer.  In the meantime the quote expired but I reached out to them a day or so later and they honored the original quote past the expiration.

BTW, I did tell them I was heading down with a cashier's check later that day and Roger told me he would be prepping the bike.  Got to the shop...the process went smoothly and the bike was in service waiting for me :) !

I do recommend LA CycleSports!!!

Obviously YMMV...

Offline IslandTosh

• 125cc
  • IslandTosh's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 Triumph Street Triple R, '04 Ninja 250 (I think she's jealous)
  • Years Riding: Since July 2013
« Reply #4 on: 05/13/15 09:11AM »
Thanks guys for the input.  I'll give them one more shot; will head over there to speak to someone (preferably Roger) in person.  Specifically interested in a leftover Street Triple, and I want to see what kind of deal they can offer.

...you could be talking with someone who really shouldn't be talking on the phone...I typically follow my gut feeling

I typically follow my gut too, but I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt (specific sales guy having a bad day / dealing with time-wasters on the phone / etc.)

not really screaming professional

That's the feeling I got from the guy on the phone.

I had a great experience with LA CycleSports this past February.

Thanks for sharing a positive experience.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 38 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook