Topic: 2004 Honda CBR 600rr w/ Full Riding Gear  (Read 3960 times)

Offline nthantrong

2004 Honda CBR 600rr w/ Full Riding Gear
« on: 06/10/15 11:57PM »
Honda CBR 600rr with 18k miles.

Upgrades: Brand new Red Bull Fairings, Power Commander, Scott's Steering Dampner, CRG Brake Levers, Gilles Rear Sets, Ohlins Suspension, Exhaust, LED Rear Brakelight with built-in turn signals, Heat Wrapped Exhaust (cat back to exhaust).

Riding Gear: Alpinestars Full Leather Suit (Size 42, Used 5 times), Icon Moto Leather Jacket (Size L), Alpinestars Textile Jacket (Size L), Alpine Textile Riding Pants (Size 34), Alpinestars Riding Boots (Size 44), Alpinestars Short Leather Riding Gloves, Alpinestars GP Plus Leather Extended Gloves, Shoei Pascal Picotti Joker Jester Helmet.

Extras: Chicken Racing Tire Warmers, Front and Rear Bike Stands.

Bike has been laid down once.  Maintained very well, regular oil changes and suspension and fork tune ups. 

Asking $6500 for bike with all gear listed.  Located in Huntington Beach.  Please text Nick at 949.629.0254.

Offline brl0301

Re: 2004 Honda CBR 600rr w/ Full Riding Gear
« Reply #1 on: 06/11/15 10:15AM »
Wow....

Offline -KENNETH-

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • -KENNETH-'s Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 FZ-10
  • Years Riding: since '06
« Reply #2 on: 06/11/15 11:47AM »
I never understood why people think they can sell a bike and include some gear in the price. What are the chances that someone wants your bike and happens to fit or even like the gear you have included with the bike? Why not price each item separately? Maybe someone needs a pair of boots only? Or someone else might need a suit but not two other jackets? Or just tha damn bike?????

Also, $6,500 for a 11 year old 600 with non-OEM fairings is a bit optimistic of the seller.

GLWS anyway.

Offline Cass-anova

« Reply #3 on: 06/11/15 12:13PM »
Why buy a clean 07 r1 when you can have a dropped 600cc bike with Chinese fairings instead for the same price?

Offline nthantrong

« Reply #4 on: 06/11/15 02:22PM »
Thanks Kenneth and Cass-Anova for your support as fellow OCMOTO members.   

Kenneth - I'm merely trying to sell all my gear together which is ideal for someone who is looking to get into riding.  It could be a beginner or possibly someone who is looking to get in track days.  Of course, there is the possibility the gear may not fit or even be wanted which is where someone could open up a dialogue about purchasing just the bike for a lesser price.

Cass-Anova - Yes, the R1 is a great bike and adequately priced however a beginner most likely wouldn't want to start with an R1 and may be specifically looking for a 600cc model.  And more importantly, this bike is also geared towards someone looking to get into track days and wants a track ready bike which is priced to include the additional upgrades. 

What I can't understand is, why do people feel the need to provide their opinion if in the end, it provides no value whatsoever?  What value are you providing other than just being negative and putting someone else down? 

Thanks for wasting everyone's time including mine. 

Rogue

« Reply #5 on: 06/11/15 03:54PM »
What I can't understand is, why do people feel the need to provide their opinion if in the end, it provides no value whatsoever?  What value are you providing other than just being negative and putting someone else down? 

What you said makes sense and I agree with the above.

If you're not planning on buying, no need to make negative comments.  But whatever the case, if you must say something relevant that's what PM is for. 

Offline Cass-anova

« Reply #6 on: 06/11/15 05:03PM »

Kenneth - I'm merely trying to sell all my gear together which is ideal for someone who is looking to get into riding.  It could be a beginner or possibly someone who is looking to get in track days.  Of course, there is the possibility the gear may not fit or even be wanted which is where someone could open up a dialogue about purchasing just the bike for a lesser price.

Cass-Anova - Yes, the R1 is a great bike and adequately priced however a beginner most likely wouldn't want to start with an R1 and may be specifically looking for a 600cc model.  And more importantly, this bike is also geared towards someone looking to get into track days and wants a track ready bike which is priced to include the additional upgrades. 

I don't feel the need to support someone who joined the forum to simply unload their over-priced bike.

Offline pelinors714

• 599cc
  • pelinors714's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Totaled), 2013 Yamaha YZF-R1
  • Years Riding: 3 Years
« Reply #7 on: 06/11/15 10:17PM »

I don't feel the need to support someone who joined the forum to simply unload their over-priced bike.

A simple suggestion such as selling the items seperately to HELP his sale wouldve just been enough. No, you guys have to go and be such a negative person to burn his FS thread. If you dont like the price, WHO THE fudge CARES?! IT AINT YOUR FOR SALE THREAD.

GLWS nthantrong.

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
  • I see what you did there.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 86 Vulcan 750, 98 VFR800 FI, 14 VFR800FE
  • Years Riding: Since Nov '11
« Reply #8 on: 06/12/15 08:14AM »

A simple suggestion such as selling the items seperately to HELP his sale wouldve just been enough. No, you guys have to go and be such a negative person to burn his FS thread. If you dont like the price, WHO THE fudge CARES?! IT AINT YOUR FOR SALE THREAD.

GLWS nthantrong.

That's part of posting on a community site. If the overall community thinks the price is too high, they'll say something, and protect a member of the community from overpaying.

I'm all for people posting their opinions in for-sale threads here.

Rogue

« Reply #9 on: 06/12/15 08:57AM »

What's wrong with PM?

I agree that if the sale price is way overboard and ridiculously stupid, have at it on an open forum.  However the responsibility of getting the best price for BOTH parties of a sale rests in BOTH parties.  Seller should ask for the best price he can.  Buyer should do their research and get the most value for their money.  It's not a one way transaction.  The OP wasn't asking something ridiculous like that Ford Excursion for $18k.

The problem I often see is buyers ALWAYS believe they shouldn't have to pay the asking price and get offended when they see one.  In the meantime the same buyers would vehemently defend a high asking price if it were THEIR BIKE.  I've seen this happen in cars, bikes, and everything else.  A fair price is when both parties are happy.

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
  • I see what you did there.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 86 Vulcan 750, 98 VFR800 FI, 14 VFR800FE
  • Years Riding: Since Nov '11
« Reply #10 on: 06/12/15 09:10AM »

What's wrong with PM?

I agree that if the sale price is way overboard and ridiculously stupid, have at it on an open forum.  However the responsibility of getting the best price for BOTH parties of a sale rests in BOTH parties.  Seller should ask for the best price he can.  Buyer should do their research and get the most value for their money.  It's not a one way transaction.  The OP wasn't asking something ridiculous like that Ford Excursion for $18k.

The problem I often see is buyers ALWAYS believe they shouldn't have to pay the asking price and get offended when they see one.  In the meantime the same buyers would vehemently defend a high asking price if it were THEIR BIKE.  I've seen this happen in cars, bikes, and everything else.  A fair price is when both parties are happy.

Nothing wrong with PM, neither is there anything wrong with the community commenting in the post. OCMoto is not craigslist; it's a forum, so expect some interaction even on the classifieds section. Most of the time prices are reasonable, but when they are not, someone will say something.

And yes, this bike is over-priced in my personal opinion. He should put the bike back to stock and sell the mods separate if he wants the most cash out of it. Same goes with the gear.
« Last Edit: 06/12/15 09:13AM by thtanner »

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800 (2001&2009) Ducati 900SS/SP (1995)
  • Years Riding: 30yrs.
« Reply #11 on: 06/12/15 09:56AM »
IMO, placing passive-aggressive remarks about the post is not the way to go about it. Giving someone a "guide" of what would be a better option is the proper way to post. For example, giving them some examples of going prices and/or letting them know that breaking apart the"extras" might be a better way to get bites on their sale(s). As much as I would like to get a set of riding gear as part of a purchase, unless I am the same size as the seller, it's not the best way to get rid of the gear. Yes, it's more work to have multiple post to manage, but this is actually a better way to sell your stuff.

I get Cass-anova's frustration with people signing up just to post, but that's not the sellers fault, it's the forum's as it allows such activity.  A good example is that one poster who all she does is post her vehicles she wants to unload. She does not contribute anything to the forum yet she's been on for a while. Yes, this seller just signed up but we have no idea if he'll stick around and contribute, however if we're being antagonistic, most likely he won't stick around.

Peace Out!
“You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave...”

Offline BCMC

« Reply #12 on: 06/12/15 01:59PM »
Free speech and all that. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I don't recall reading OC Moto prohibiting replying to classifieds. You either suck it up, or don't post. 'Nuff said.

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
« Reply #13 on: 06/12/15 03:51PM »
I think as a community we react differently to a respected member and a new member posting and maybe sticking around. More slack given to a respected member. That may or may not be a good thing but that's how it works. 
"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Offline Marc1098

• 125cc
  • Marc1098's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 cbr1000rr sp , 2014 mts1200s
  • Years Riding: 13 years
« Reply #14 on: 06/12/15 06:53PM »
Can you imagine the fun if there was a comments section on Craigslist? :6:

Offline 1fastrider

• AFFATT: All Flip Flops All The Time!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • 1fastrider's Gallery
  • I only have to be faster than 1 person....
    • View Profile
    • Elite Riders
  • Bike: '17 S1000RR, '14 675R
  • Years Riding: 100 yrs
« Reply #15 on: 06/12/15 08:10PM »
Take your salvaged POS to the craigslist junk heap where it belongs ya damn newb! 

Welcome to ocmoto! Check the calendar for the newb ride schedule. :)
If you are offended by my posts that's your problem

Offline Irvine_Chris

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Irvine_Chris's Gallery
  • Let's go for a ride!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: *bikeless*
  • Years Riding: Since 1981
Motorcycles motorcycles motorcycles

Offline 1fastrider

• AFFATT: All Flip Flops All The Time!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • 1fastrider's Gallery
  • I only have to be faster than 1 person....
    • View Profile
    • Elite Riders
  • Bike: '17 S1000RR, '14 675R
  • Years Riding: 100 yrs
« Reply #17 on: 06/13/15 11:10AM »
I'll take it for $250 cash
If you are offended by my posts that's your problem

HBKwaka

« Reply #18 on: 06/13/15 07:52PM »
So the price dropped to $250? I'm in! Wat we buying? :12:

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 94 Yamaha YZ250 07 Suzuki DL650
« Reply #19 on: 06/13/15 11:30PM »
$2,000 - keep all the gear and extras
FREE $15 UBER CREDIT PROMO CODE: pon41

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 64 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything