Topic: Mobile Locksmith in North O.C.?  (Read 660 times)

Mobile Locksmith in North O.C.?
« on: 07/27/15 12:21PM »
It appears my bike was tampered with either last night or the last, and now there's a very small piece of either a broken screwdriver or key in my ignition. Nothing else is touched.

Now I need a locksmith that can spend a couple minutes picking the small piece out.

I contact a locksmith I used a year ago and he won't touch motorcycle ignitions even though nothing is damaged, and is slow getting back to me, so I'm hoping someone on here has the info for a mobile locksmith that I can rely on.

And now I need a disc lock that I can carry with me to work that won't take up much room. Suggestions on something I can find locally.

Offline Infidel R6

• 599cc
  • Infidel R6's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2006 R6 anniversary yellow
  • Years Riding: 2 years
Re: Mobile Locksmith in North O.C.?
« Reply #1 on: 07/27/15 05:02PM »
I don't have any help for the locksmith but I do have a disc lock you can have for free. I'm in La Habra and work in seal beach. If you need a ride I have a ramp and truck. Good luck.
no more stoppies for me.

Offline Reborn

• 125cc
  • Reborn's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: None
  • Years Riding: 5
« Reply #2 on: 07/28/15 08:29AM »
Try calling Jacob - (949)400-7013

Offline H-2 Charlie

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • H-2 Charlie's Gallery
  • THE BADDEST BIKE ON THE PLANET
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Beemer S1K
« Reply #3 on: 07/28/15 09:05AM »
Try a call to Hernandez lock smith in downey , he comes up # 2 on google .
MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

Offline willbs

• 125cc
  • willbs's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2001 996; 2006 GSXR 1000; 2016 FZ-09
  • Years Riding: since 1982
« Reply #4 on: 07/28/15 09:28AM »
some/most motorcycle ignition locks go all the way through so water will run through and not fill up the lock (there is no bottom), take a wire or tiny screwdriver and go through the bottom and you may be able to push the piece of metal out
« Last Edit: 07/28/15 09:32AM by willbs »

« Reply #5 on: 07/29/15 12:31PM »
update:
I called a locksmith I've used before, and he basically said that if something besides the original key was forced into the switch, it screws stuff up, and may not be able to be removed. He'd charged to come out and there's no guarantee it'll get removed. Ugh.

Now in order to remove the ignition to see if I'll even be able to disassemble it, I need a t40 torx security bit, which I don't have, and time to remove parts of the front end to which I'll need to find a 32mm, both of which I don't have either. Ugh, made worse by being home the next few days with flu like symptoms.

http://www.first-turn.com/pages/oemparts?aribrand=brg#/Suzuki_Motor_of_America%2c_Inc/SV650S_(2006)/WIRING_HARNESS_(SV650K7)/022560015/56022560036B

I'm wondering if that above assembly will include everything (trunk lock, ignition, gas tank, and keys) and whether to just bite the bullet and spend $300 and get all new locks/keys.

Ugh.
« Last Edit: 07/29/15 12:34PM by maninblack »

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800 (2001&2009) Ducati 900SS/SP (1995)
  • Years Riding: 30yrs.
« Reply #6 on: 07/29/15 12:55PM »
update:
I called a locksmith I've used before, and he basically said that if something besides the original key was forced into the switch, it screws stuff up, and may not be able to be removed. He'd charged to come out and there's no guarantee it'll get removed. Ugh.

Now in order to remove the ignition to see if I'll even be able to disassemble it, I need a t40 torx security bit, which I don't have, and time to remove parts of the front end to which I'll need to find a 32mm, both of which I don't have either. Ugh, made worse by being home the next few days with flu like symptoms.

http://www.first-turn.com/pages/oemparts?aribrand=brg#/Suzuki_Motor_of_America%2c_Inc/SV650S_(2006)/WIRING_HARNESS_(SV650K7)/022560015/56022560036B

I'm wondering if that above assembly will include everything (trunk lock, ignition, gas tank, and keys) and whether to just bite the bullet and spend $300 and get all new locks/keys.

Ugh.
Base on the description and the diagram, it looks like it would be all 3, plus the keys I would guess.
“You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave...”

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 38 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook