Topic: Cop didn't show to court today!  (Read 3316 times)

Offline MurdaJ

Re: Cop didn't show to court today!
« Reply #40 on: 04/25/16 06:06PM »
Bring it, I don't want a dialog if you cant tell.  It's go time, you use words but won't stand behind them..  Typical cowardly millennial

:34:

Edit:
The only problem I have with religion is people like you. Someone exposes your insecurities, and it hurts your feelings so you resort to fighting. Why not use your time to grow?

What do you stand to gain from winning a fight or race?
« Last Edit: 04/25/16 06:16PM by MurdaJ »
I am not a superstitious native

mbstr

« Reply #41 on: 04/25/16 09:25PM »
Karma isa bitch...stop breaking the law or if you do OWN it.

Its easier to give credit/blame to a higher power than own your actions

Sad but true. Entitlement generation. Its not what you can do for God but what God can do for you.

I'm not convinced it's just this crappy generation. The phrase "thank god" isn't new.

It doesn't make sense to me for believers to say it all the time, especially after something happens in their favor. I don't understand the whole free-will-yet-everything-is-predetermined-by-god thing. If EVERYTHING is part of gods plan, isnt hoping for a certain outcome blasphemous? If you truly believe in gods plan, why would you hope for a certain outcome? Do you think your feeble little soul has the insight to contribute to the creators grand plan?
Always amazed me how the "Chosen few" spit  game freely yet flip thier lid ready for war because someone has an opposite belief/denomination when its not even  directed at them Scott on the other hand took the high road and avoided all the BS Im sure he hit the delete button a few times but KUDOS to him, Scott... I love ya brother and Im TRULY sorry for jacking this thread n bringing out the hate I had no idea it would come to this but it does go to show that not all of us appreciate the G word that in my eyes is Waaaay over used and TAKEN FOR GRANTED!!!!!!  I still catch myself doing it out of habit once in a while ;) so yeah I might take it too literal but it bugs me. Again My apologies!
« Last Edit: 04/25/16 09:35PM by RdTodd »

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
« Reply #42 on: 04/25/16 11:08PM »
Imagine
John Lennon,

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesnít value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesnít value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Scott

« Reply #43 on: 04/26/16 01:37AM »

Thanks Flying Scotsman :8:

So much hate and anger in the world. Guilty of it myself from time to time.

Allow me to address a few things that have come up on the thread I started. First:

Sad but true. Entitlement generation. Its not what you can do for God but what God can do for you.

I did break the law, and I did own it. I went to court and even paid my bail. I simply asked the judge if he could lower the conviction to a 38300 to keep the point off my record. The judge said he couldnít do that without the officer present, so thatís why the second court date was set. So while I appreciate your attempt to ridicule me, itís a sad misrepresentation of the actual facts of what occurred.

Next, while I agree with it being easier to give blame to a higher power than taking accountability for you own actions when things go bad, I disagree in it being easier for most people to give credit to a higher power when things go right. I find most people will pat themselves on the back and take credit for good outcomes verse giving credit to anyone or anything else. While this maybe true in the lives of others, I assure you that I try my best not to live my life this way. I pray every morning that His Spirit be upon me and lead me to do His work throughout my day. Itís called being a His servant; which, if youíre a true Christian, is something youíre pleased and thankful to do every day.

It doesn't make sense to me for believers to say it all the time, especially after something happens in their favor. I don't understand the whole free-will-yet-everything-is-predetermined-by-god thing. If EVERYTHING is part of gods plan, isnt hoping for a certain outcome blasphemous? If you truly believe in gods plan, why would you hope for a certain outcome? Do you think your feeble little soul has the insight to contribute to the creators grand plan?

This feels like a real question to me, so Iíll try my best to answer it. You actually touch on several good subjects here: The difference between Godís Elect and the average believer, Godís plan, and the subject of our free-will.

Godís Elect: While some churches will teach that all Christians are part of Godís Elect, this simply isnít true biblically. Godís Elect are Godís special chosen few, hand-picked by God to carry-out specific task at specific times. An easy example would be the difference between an everyday Christian and say the Apostles of the Bible. While an everyday Christian is tasked with spreading the good news of Jesus Christ to those he encounters in his life (as well as follow those teachings), the Apostles had an obvious greater mission of setting the foundation for all of Christianity upon the world. (Some will argue differently because this is a touchy subject, butÖ) They were predestined by God for that task. Itís a very in-depth Bible study to sort out, but if you are truly interested, Iíll be glad to walk you through it.

Godís Plan: What is Godís Plan? First, you have to understand there are many levels to this question. Are we talking about Godís plan for all of humanity, Godís plan each nation, or for each and every individual? Letís start with humanity. Do the end time prophecyís contained in the Bible tell us Godís plan, or do they simply tell us what God has seen will happen, with things being so bad at the end that God finally stops it all? Itís a philosophical question Iíll leave you to ponder for yourself.

With regards to Godís Plan for each and every individual, thatís easy: Love, Joy, Happiness and Blessings obtained by following Godís path as contained in all of scripture (including the acceptance of and belief in Jesus Christ). But through sin, we fall short and fall off of Godís path. And this is where free-will comes into play. It also addresses your misconception that ďEVERYTHING is part of Godís plan.Ē Everything is not part of Godís plan. Those things that God has foretold us will come to pass, but someone slamming heroin isnít something God has planned for that person; itís something that person chose to do through their own free-will (led to it by sin itself). Once there, that person truly praying and calling out for Godís help and intervention is not blasphemous, is it? Through Christ all sins are forgiven, if you accept Him and repent.

If you ever want to get into the whole, ďfree-will,Ē topic, Iíll be glad to meet you for lunch or dinner some time to talk about it.

ToddÖ I love you too, brother. Apology accepted and much appreciated. :8: And no, I never hit delete once. To be honest, there was one or two times I thought about writing something, but I prayed about it and God led me down a different path. I do want to touch on something you wrote though; a little for you and a little for others that might be reading this:

My mom used to give to Jim n Tammy Baker now shes hooked up with the Crystal Cathedral and Schulers rotten kid giving who knows what but it makes her happy, My sister n I keep an eye out for her but this tax free buisiness they have going is a steam roller gobbling up seniors savings accounts like crazy it REALLY bothers me!

This actually opened my eyes to why you feel so strongly they way you do. While I have heard stories about the Schullers, I honestly donít know anything about them, so this is addressing more of the Jim and Tammy Baker (ďSend me your moneyĒ) types.

Theyíre not Christians! First off, God doesnít send out beggars to do His work. God provides for His servants. When Christ sent out His disciples into the surrounding areas, He told them not to take anything with them because all would be provided. And later, after the Gospels of the new testament, through the Book of Acts and other scriptures written by the Apostles, you find that when they went out to preach the Word, they worked manual labor jobs during the daylight so ďas not to be a burdenĒ on anyone. Thatís not to say that a preacher doesnít deserve his pay, but millions of dollars, huge mansions, Rolls-Royceís and private planes??? And while their followers are going hungry, are losing their homes, canít afford their medications? Thereís nothing remotely Christian about that. Christ warns of false prophets coming in His name to mislead people, and thatís what these type of people are and itís exactly what they are doing. They are literally doing the work of Satan by giving the Church a bad name. Your mom isnít a victim of Christianity, sheís a victim of sin using Christianity to take advantage of people. Just as it is described in Romans 7, sin, to show that it is truly evil, will take that which is good and use it for evil. Iíll pray for your mom and honestly hope that she sees how sheís been deceived.

Now, as far as this thread is concerned, please lock this. If anyone has any questions or comments, send me a message. This is a motorcycle forum and it has proven repeatedly that there are Christians and others that hate Christians with a burning passion. Look what my simple comment of, ďBeen thanking God all day,Ē has caused.  I wasnít preaching, just simply sharing my joy that I got out of a ticket.

With all the best intent,
Scott

Offline MurdaJ

« Reply #44 on: 04/26/16 02:39AM »

Thanks Flying Scotsman :8:

So much hate and anger in the world. Guilty of it myself from time to time.

Allow me to address a few things that have come up on the thread I started. First:

I did break the law, and I did own it. I went to court and even paid my bail. I simply asked the judge if he could lower the conviction to a 38300 to keep the point off my record. The judge said he couldnít do that without the officer present, so thatís why the second court date was set. So while I appreciate your attempt to ridicule me, itís a sad misrepresentation of the actual facts of what occurred.

Next, while I agree with it being easier to give blame to a higher power than taking accountability for you own actions when things go bad, I disagree in it being easier for most people to give credit to a higher power when things go right. I find most people will pat themselves on the back and take credit for good outcomes verse giving credit to anyone or anything else. While this maybe true in the lives of others, I assure you that I try my best not to live my life this way. I pray every morning that His Spirit be upon me and lead me to do His work throughout my day. Itís called being a His servant; which, if youíre a true Christian, is something youíre pleased and thankful to do every day.

This feels like a real question to me, so Iíll try my best to answer it. You actually touch on several good subjects here: The difference between Godís Elect and the average believer, Godís plan, and the subject of our free-will.

Godís Elect: While some churches will teach that all Christians are part of Godís Elect, this simply isnít true biblically. Godís Elect are Godís special chosen few, hand-picked by God to carry-out specific task at specific times. An easy example would be the difference between an everyday Christian and say the Apostles of the Bible. While an everyday Christian is tasked with spreading the good news of Jesus Christ to those he encounters in his life (as well as follow those teachings), the Apostles had an obvious greater mission of setting the foundation for all of Christianity upon the world. (Some will argue differently because this is a touchy subject, butÖ) They were predestined by God for that task. Itís a very in-depth Bible study to sort out, but if you are truly interested, Iíll be glad to walk you through it.

Godís Plan: What is Godís Plan? First, you have to understand there are many levels to this question. Are we talking about Godís plan for all of humanity, Godís plan each nation, or for each and every individual? Letís start with humanity. Do the end time prophecyís contained in the Bible tell us Godís plan, or do they simply tell us what God has seen will happen, with things being so bad at the end that God finally stops it all? Itís a philosophical question Iíll leave you to ponder for yourself.

With regards to Godís Plan for each and every individual, thatís easy: Love, Joy, Happiness and Blessings obtained by following Godís path as contained in all of scripture (including the acceptance of and belief in Jesus Christ). But through sin, we fall short and fall off of Godís path. And this is where free-will comes into play. It also addresses your misconception that ďEVERYTHING is part of Godís plan.Ē Everything is not part of Godís plan. Those things that God has foretold us will come to pass, but someone slamming heroin isnít something God has planned for that person; itís something that person chose to do through their own free-will (led to it by sin itself). Once there, that person truly praying and calling out for Godís help and intervention is not blasphemous, is it? Through Christ all sins are forgiven, if you accept Him and repent.

If you ever want to get into the whole, ďfree-will,Ē topic, Iíll be glad to meet you for lunch or dinner some time to talk about it.

ToddÖ I love you too, brother. Apology accepted and much appreciated. :8: And no, I never hit delete once. To be honest, there was one or two times I thought about writing something, but I prayed about it and God led me down a different path. I do want to touch on something you wrote though; a little for you and a little for others that might be reading this:

My mom used to give to Jim n Tammy Baker now shes hooked up with the Crystal Cathedral and Schulers rotten kid giving who knows what but it makes her happy, My sister n I keep an eye out for her but this tax free buisiness they have going is a steam roller gobbling up seniors savings accounts like crazy it REALLY bothers me!

This actually opened my eyes to why you feel so strongly they way you do. While I have heard stories about the Schullers, I honestly donít know anything about them, so this is addressing more of the Jim and Tammy Baker (ďSend me your moneyĒ) types.

Theyíre not Christians! First off, God doesnít send out beggars to do His work. God provides for His servants. When Christ sent out His disciples into the surrounding areas, He told them not to take anything with them because all would be provided. And later, after the Gospels of the new testament, through the Book of Acts and other scriptures written by the Apostles, you find that when they went out to preach the Word, they worked manual labor jobs during the daylight so ďas not to be a burdenĒ on anyone. Thatís not to say that a preacher doesnít deserve his pay, but millions of dollars, huge mansions, Rolls-Royceís and private planes??? And while their followers are going hungry, are losing their homes, canít afford their medications? Thereís nothing remotely Christian about that. Christ warns of false prophets coming in His name to mislead people, and thatís what these type of people are and itís exactly what they are doing. They are literally doing the work of Satan by giving the Church a bad name. Your mom isnít a victim of Christianity, sheís a victim of sin using Christianity to take advantage of people. Just as it is described in Romans 7, sin, to show that it is truly evil, will take that which is good and use it for evil. Iíll pray for your mom and honestly hope that she sees how sheís been deceived.

Now, as far as this thread is concerned, please lock this. If anyone has any questions or comments, send me a message. This is a motorcycle forum and it has proven repeatedly that there are Christians and others that hate Christians with a burning passion. Look what my simple comment of, ďBeen thanking God all day,Ē has caused.  I wasnít preaching, just simply sharing my joy that I got out of a ticket.

With all the best intent,
Scott

Thanks for the reply. I find it hard to drink the kool aid when even christians can't agree on major points of their beliefs such as free will. The only reason you believe what you do is because of geography. I can't comprehend a loving god damning so many souls to eternal suffering just because they were born on a part of this earth that didn't win religion roulette.

God planned on us having free-will, and gave us heroin. What could possibly go wrong? The creator of the universe playing a little game with insignificant little souls just seems trivial to me. How can the creator allow evil to exist? Would god be bored if there was no evil and no sin, and no souls had to suffer eternally?

Just because someone questions your beliefs doesn't mean they hate you with a passion, and you shouldn't take it as such.

I am not a superstitious native

Scott

« Reply #45 on: 04/26/16 03:28AM »
MurdaJ, you're right, a loving God wouldn't condemn people for not winning the geographical religious roulette. That's why God doesn't do that. I'll be glad to go over it with you sometime. It's an easy study that was put together to answer the question, "What happened to all the native Americans soul's before Christianity came?" I just think getting into that deep of stuff is inappropriate to carry-out on an open motorcycle forum.

And I don't take people simply questioning my beliefs to mean they hate me. I was referring to a long running history here on OCMoto that dates back years. Trust me, there's been many arguements on OCMoto centered around Christianity through the years... and most of them degraded to strong, hate-filled comments much worse than what's been expressed on this thread. Much, much worse!

Honestly though, if you ever do want to discover where in the Bible you can find the answer to all the questions you've presented here (not in a preachy fashion, just in a matter of fact, here it is, way) I'll be glad to show you. The really deep stuff is what I love about God's Word. Hit me up in a pm if you're interested. As for now, I think it's best to let this thread die a quick death.

HBKwaka

« Reply #46 on: 04/26/16 06:28AM »
I and I will continue the journey. Amen

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 29 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything