Topic: SHOUT OUT to RDTODD/TJ (son) FOR YOUR MOTOCROSS GRAPHICS (before & after pics!)  (Read 1886 times)

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 94 Yamaha YZ250 07 Suzuki DL650
I had an '03 YZ450F that I was ready to sell...usually just bought a bargain $50 sticker kit off ebay

Went to MOTOCUTZ to have a graphics kit cut for it and RDTODD for a bike detail, and well...now I want to keep the bike!

before:

after:

« Last Edit: 09/05/15 07:34AM by breakdirt916 »
FREE $15 UBER CREDIT PROMO CODE: pon41

Offline Snapshot

• Fogwalker
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Snapshot's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: A quiet red truck.
  • Years Riding: 37, Years Training Riders: 15
Wow.  Todd and his kid do excellent work!

Ride on,

J~
“The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
That looks sick!  Maybe it's time to step up my XR400...  I'll PM when I'm ready!  :29:
Every day is ride to work day!

mbstr

That looks sick!  Maybe it's time to step up my XR400...  I'll PM when I'm ready!  :29:
Order up new plastics before you bring er by (Side plates fenders n such) For an extra $40 or so it makes a huge difference ;)

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
Yup...you mentioned that to me last time

Here's my plan for my YZ250 dual sport - gonna have 2 sets of plastics - one new set with the (smaller) stock MX tank and the old set of plastics with the chunky desert tank

Scott

Is that the YZ you got in that package deal? Looks freakin' sweet!!! I was just hanging out with Mike on Friday... he misses his bikes lol I won't show him these pics!

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
close, but different bike!

let me find a pic of Mike's bike after I got it running/cleaned up...looked pretty good!

and how bad does he want to ride??

I told him to keep his gear...milestone is about an hour drive from him and I could sneak him away on a Saturday morning for a couple hours

Offline deejmx87

• 125cc
  • deejmx87's Gallery
  • STREET.TRACK.STUNT.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2004 ZX6R 636, 2006 YZF-R1, 2002 XR50
  • Years Riding: MX 20 years, Street 2 years
Nice! New graphics and plastics definitely make a bike look so much fresher. Must be nice to be able to break all the rules and design whatever graphics you like. My bosses at YMC would have a heart attack if they saw this though. Wrong speedblock, not enough clear space around YAMAHA logo, and GYTR is placed on top of graphic shape. Man I wish I could design however I want, I basically have a YAMAHA bible I have to follow which gets updated like every year.

Scott

close, but different bike!

let me find a pic of Mike's bike after I got it running/cleaned up...looked pretty good!

and how bad does he want to ride??

I told him to keep his gear...milestone is about an hour drive from him and I could sneak him away on a Saturday morning for a couple hours
Mike is DYING to ride!!! He really wants a Super Tenre (that Yamaha thing) like you have no idea. He's been talking about that bike for years. Hit him up if you're heading out on a Saturday... he just might take you up on it... seriously. He's missing riding bad!!! (Like we all would be!)

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
No need to explain...you never really get out of riding...it's in you!

Here was his bike after it ran and got cleaned up...that bike was FAST

Offline r0ckrat

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • r0ckrat's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • My rarely updated blog...
  • Bike: 2006 Suzuki SV650(n)
  • Years Riding: Since 6/4/2013
SHOUT OUT to RDTODD
« Reply #10 on: 09/10/15 07:21AM »
Just another shout out to Todd, but just as an all around great guy. I was in a pinch yesterday with a leaky rear tire, and he came out to his shop to help me get it settled enough to get me home, and to SuperChicken this Friday.

:1:
 :12:

mbstr

Glad ya made it home n got dried out buddie: :29:

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
Re: SHOUT OUT to RDTODD
« Reply #12 on: 09/10/15 07:57AM »
Just another shout out to Todd, but just as an all around great guy. I was in a pinch yesterday with a leaky rear tire, and he came out to his shop to help me get it settled enough to get me home, and to SuperChicken this Friday.

I did thousands of miles on a plugged pr4 including high speed hwy 25 on the central coast tour. If the tyre has life left in the tread use it all up before you replace it.
"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Offline r0ckrat

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • r0ckrat's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09/10/15 08:11AM »

I did thousands of miles on a plugged pr4 including high speed hwy 25 on the central coast tour. If the tyre has life left in the tread use it all up before you replace it.

I'm not certain it's holding air, has over 10k on it, and is close to the wear bars, so it's a good time to replace anyway... the plug is also over on the shoulder a little, so I'm going to chicken out... Cheap insurance for a primary mode of transportation.

Does seem to be time to start packing the rain gear again, though... Sigh...

Offline deejmx87

• 125cc
  • deejmx87's Gallery
  • STREET.TRACK.STUNT.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2004 ZX6R 636, 2006 YZF-R1, 2002 XR50
  • Years Riding: MX 20 years, Street 2 years
« Reply #14 on: 09/10/15 10:46AM »

You need to get yourself "The Stop and Go Tire Plugger!" I've used it on my R1 tires 3 times, my Ford Ranger, and multiple friends tires. The thing works magic, I won't even ride without it. Hands down best tubeless tire plugger kit on the market. And they will last the lifetime of the tire. It looks like that's what RdTodd was using.

Offline r0ckrat

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • r0ckrat's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 09/10/15 10:51AM »

You need to get yourself "The Stop and Go Tire Plugger!" I've used it on my R1 tires 3 times, my Ford Ranger, and multiple friends tires. The thing works magic, I won't even ride without it. Hands down best tubeless tire plugger kit on the market. And they will last the lifetime of the tire. It looks like that's what RdTodd was using.

I think that's what I have, but I think the right plug insertion cap is missing... I also need to locate the instructions, as I got it second-hand.

Offline darula8

• 998cc
  • darula8's Gallery
  • UCLA alumni, Pepperdine grad MFT
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 07 GSXR 1000
  • Years Riding: 6
Todds been the man!

Page created in 0.372 seconds with 50 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook