Topic: Hey yall  (Read 541 times)

Offline theDuKe

Hey yall
« on: 10/18/15 10:39AM »
Hey OCMoto, just purchased a beautiful KTM Superduke 1290 R. I've been riding around the OC area for the last 6 years or so.

My first bike was a beat up 1993 Honda CBR600F2 that ran like a dream. It taught me well for about 6 months with zero problems or incidents. My next bike was a 2004 Honda CBR 1000RR that also ran like a dream. After about 2 years the bike was repossessed by the chp due to being involved in a large bike theft operation. The vin was restamped and an inside dmv employee got a clean title printed. Anyhow i won the lawsuit and appeal against the seller and got all my money back and some (actually a long story). I immediately purchased a 2007 CBR1000RR which I had for about 3 years until I recently sold. I have somewhat of a bad back and could no longer enjoy longer rides. I started looking at naked bikes like the CB1000R, Z1000 and GSX-S1000 etc. They were nice enough to put in fair cash offers to several dealers. Thank god dealerships are full of some of the dumbest people on earth. So $11k cash isn't good enough for a bike with a $11.4k msrp that's been sitting in your showroom for close to 2 years AND you have 2!!

After several weeks a combination of patience and Destiny led me to the deal of a lifetime. I was able to buy my dream bike for just a few hundred dollars more than what I would of been settling for with the other naked bikes.

This is undoubtedly the best motorcycle ive ever owned or ridden. When I say best I mean fastest, best handling, most comfortable, most versatile and definitely the best looking. She inspires so much confidence no matter what type of riding youre doing. I never clocked crazy mileage for several reasons but I can not stay of this thing. Just barely over two weeks and I've already done almost 2,000 miles! And there was no road trips of any kind, Ive left orange county once when I did a turn and burn to San Diego. I live 2 minutes off the antonio entrance to Ortega so I'm back on forth on that thing 3-4 times a week so far.

Anyhow I'm in love and rambling!

Offline CBRunyan

• Forum Moderator
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • CBRunyan's Gallery
  • AMA Member 1098565
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CBR1000RR
  • Years Riding: 33
Re: Hey yall
« Reply #1 on: 10/18/15 11:04AM »
Welcome to OC Moto.  :30:

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #2 on: 10/18/15 11:28AM »
I've always admired the massive torque the SuperDuke puts out!  :25:  I prefer it over horsepower (says the guy with the 190hp bike)...  Welcome!!
Every day is ride to work day!

Scott

« Reply #3 on: 10/18/15 11:32AM »
Cool story and nice bike! Welcome to OCMoto

Offline Rogue

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Rogue's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 CBR600RR; '07 VFR800
  • Years Riding: 20+ Years
« Reply #4 on: 10/18/15 12:42PM »
Welcome!

I'd love to hear of that dealership story (really?  they wouldn't take $11k for a 2-year old/new $11.4k MSRP bike?)  You must tell me which dealer it is!  LOL! 

The 1290 Super Duke just won Cycle Worlds naked bike comparison in its class.  They love the thing!  There's just no replacement for displacement! 

Offline FlyingScotsman

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • FlyingScotsman's Gallery
  • Auto Club Speeway 29Aug
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 07 R1 Blue
  • Years Riding: 20 YEARS
« Reply #5 on: 10/18/15 12:53PM »
 :30:

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
« Reply #6 on: 10/18/15 01:04PM »
Welcome to Ocmoto and welcome to the Supernaked club.  :31: :30:
"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Offline 1fastrider

• AFFATT: All Flip Flops All The Time!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • 1fastrider's Gallery
  • I only have to be faster than 1 person....
    • View Profile
    • Elite Riders
  • Bike: '14 675R
  • Years Riding: 100 yrs
« Reply #7 on: 10/18/15 01:32PM »
Welcome
If you are offended by my posts that's your problem

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 41 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook