Topic: License Plate Fix it Ticket - Dealer Plates  (Read 3356 times)

Offline 1fastrider

• AFFATT: All Flip Flops All The Time!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • 1fastrider's Gallery
  • I only have to be faster than 1 person....
    • View Profile
    • Elite Riders
  • Bike: '14 675R
  • Years Riding: 100 yrs
Re: License Plate Fix it Ticket - Dealer Plates
« Reply #20 on: 11/21/15 02:12PM »
Yay happy story
If you are offended by my posts that's your problem

Offline Stella

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Stella's Gallery
  • Feelin' pretty Sassssssy!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Kawi Ninja 250
« Reply #21 on: 11/21/15 02:48PM »
If it pleases the court of OCMoto, I would like it on the record that I suggested contacting CHP FIRST.

Why did you need to wait/talk to another cop to confirm that was the logical thing to do? As predicted, you got it taken care of, simply and quickly. Sometimes the simplest thing actually works. Happy for you!

Offline CHEVYGUYChvy

• 125cc
  • CHEVYGUYChvy's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 07 SV650(sold) 09 GSX-R 750(sold) 08 KLR650(sold) 05 ZX-6R(sold) 05 Vstrom 650(sold) '15 FZ-09
« Reply #22 on: 11/22/15 03:22PM »
If it pleases the court of OCMoto, I would like it on the record that I suggested contacting CHP FIRST.

Why did you need to wait/talk to another cop to confirm that was the logical thing to do? As predicted, you got it taken care of, simply and quickly. Sometimes the simplest thing actually works. Happy for you!

I wasn't sure which CHP office to contact about this since there are more than a few in the area where I was ticketed, however I could have easily found out on my own it just so happens that I spotted another officer on my home from work who was able to provide me the information.

Offline DucMonster

• 125cc
  • DucMonster's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2007 Triumph Thruxton, 2009 Yamaha FJR-1300, BMW R1200RT, Yamaha WR-426
  • Years Riding: 26
« Reply #23 on: 11/24/15 04:56PM »
Even though he said the ticket has been dismissed, I would still check with the court and make sure it is done.  Sometimes paperwork gets "lost in the mail" between the station and the courthouse. 

On a separate note, dealer plate, no plate, stickers... VC section 5200(b) says you have to have a plate.  The key phrase in the section is "issued".  If the officer runs your VIN and finds that a plate has been issued, he can write the cite, whether you've received the plate or not.  It doesn't matter if it's a dealer hold up (my last plates got mailed to dealer and not me) or whatever, if they've been issued and you don't have them on the bike you can be cited.  I'm guessing the call to the office resulted in them looking to see when the plates were issued (OCID Date - look for it on your reg) and compared to when the cite was written and took appropriate action.

Yes, everyone can be stopped for not having plates on their car.  Subsequent investigation determines whether or not a cite will be issued.  A little piece of paper taped to the windshield is not a pass.

Offline CHEVYGUYChvy

• 125cc
  • CHEVYGUYChvy's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 07 SV650(sold) 09 GSX-R 750(sold) 08 KLR650(sold) 05 ZX-6R(sold) 05 Vstrom 650(sold) '15 FZ-09
« Reply #24 on: 11/24/15 06:13PM »
Correct, I called the DMV a day or two after the citation was issued just to make sure the plates were not already sent out. The DMV had no record of my VIN in their system.

But I will follow you suggestion and check with the court to make sure this is taken care of.

Thank you everybody who contributed.
« Last Edit: 11/24/15 06:15PM by CHEVYGUYChvy »

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 33 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook